The Octagon Bar: Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics in the Stew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
English? ENGLISH?? grrrrrrr! :mad:

it's ok, I know what you mean. :lol: :)

hey to you too! Behaving in Washington? What do you mean "no!"?

We were there a month or so ago (Memorial day). Thought we'd see you hanging about outside the White House with misty, longing eyes but alas it wasn't to be.

We did however have a nice evening with Interference's loveliest couple though while we were there. No, not the BAWs, we haven't met them yet! :( Although we could've met the beautiful BAW today but sadly and regrettably had to pass on it! :( I was of course talking of Cydewaze, Mrs Edge & their two adorable cats. A really, really great couple and wish we lived closer to spend even more time with them.

*goes to the bar and pours out some home-made mead*

*glug*

:lol:

You'd either see me misty-eyed or red faced looking at the White House.

I met Mrs. Edge briefly back in Feb. when I saw Bono speak in DC.

How does it feel to be back in the states?

U2democrat said:
Wouldn't it be great if we could bring the bar back to its old self.

:yes:

I miss dancing with cardboard Bono... or Dallas :shifty:

:wink:

*shuffles off into storage room*

oh dear, cardboard Bono has lost his cardboard head!

oh, here it is!

*finds some tape*

there, just be careful with it/him.

Laura, the cardboard Tim Kaine was back there too...that was in a worse shape and no idea how it got like that. You people ought to take more care when cavorting around the place with your cardboard cut-outs.

ewen said:
Laura, the cardboard Tim Kaine was back there too...that was in a worse shape and no idea how it got like that. You people ought to take more care when cavorting around the place with your cardboard cut-outs.

:lmao:

Ah I've missed you around here.

Dooz I could use a cold Dr. Pepper myself...our air conditioning is broken :crack:

Our upstairs A/C had been working fine, but our downstairs one was broken, which finally got fixed yesterday. Today the upstairs stopped working, which is worse since heat rises and we sleep upstairs! :banghead:

I think I'll go take a relatively cool shower.

I'm just back from collecting a parcel from the post office, sent to me from back home.

Ahhhh...Irn Bru and Smokey Bacon crisps at last! :drool:

irnbru-can.jpg

t_cw4.jpg

what friends and family will do to get us Brits the junk food we desire. :drool:

Resist the temptation and down some juice...you shouldn't be drinking soda in this weather anyway...not good for you!

I heard it on the radio yesterday, something to do with caffeine I think.

glass.jpeg

now, my Irn Bru should be chilled enough! Hey, it was the radio guy's advice, not mine.

will do but she might have a fit knowing I've been back on here.

shall I pass on the flirty-face too, you! :mad:

:wink:

have you not got her email addy?

and are you not going to drink that lovely orange juice I poured for you. it was freshly made from my Jack La Lanne Power Juicer.*

*no, I don't really have one but I love the informercial - best thing on tv over here.

:ohmy:

Jules!! :wave:

as in the Boston Red Sux!:wink:

sorry, been to two Yankees games since I got here and it's rubbing off on me!

I'm juicing...what would you like? Bananas don't go through the Jack La Lanne Power Juicer too well but we have an endless selection of other fruits and veg. They've been hanging about this bar for a while and are on the rather ripe side but I think they'll be okay.

I saw the Yankees play the Nationals in Washington a couple weeks ago. It felt good to boo the Yanks in person. Sad thing was, the Yankee fans outnumbered the Nats fans at home in DC! :huh:

It was a fun game though.

I wandered about DC in my Yankees hat and survived to tell the tale.

U2democrat said:
:lol:

*parades around the room with the fixed up cardboard bono to mysterious ways*

:madwife:

Oh well, I guess I can have Cardboard Dallas for myself them! :wink:

**Goes to backroom and finds Cardboard Dallas**

**Puts "All I Want Is You" on jukebox**

**Starts slowdancing around the bar with Cardboard Dallas, singing along to AIWIY**

...all I want is Schoo... :flirt:

Originally posted by Merc

...all I want is Schoo...

*groan* :|

lol

Laura, we haven't really gone anywhere else yet of real interest (of real interest to anyone other than ourselves) with Abby being very very busy with work at present. Last year I was in Baltimore and of course Philladelphia for U2. I've visited New York City a few times since being over and been reaquanted with an old friend who's living there at the moment - we stayed a couple of days with her and her fiancé midweek. Unfortunately I had to pass by Shea Stadium :madspit: to get to where they stay in Queens!

My friend is moving back to Chicago next month because they're finding it difficult living in New York, financially aswell as socially. They've invited me to chum them on their move west but I may have to pass on it; I'd want Abby to come with me but it might not be feasable due to her work schedule. If not, we'll certainly go across there sometime for a holiday.

Hope Jules wasn't put off by my 'Red Sux' comment - I'm Scottish and don't know any better :wink:, hence probably why I'm a Yankees fan! I'm re-evaluating whether I should remain a Yankees fan now knowing how everyone seems to hate them! :lol:

:lol: Yeah I pull for 2 teams, the St. Louis Cardinals and anyone playing the Yankees. ;)

I hope you can make it to Chicago...it's one of my favorite cities. There's SO much to do there...and it has so much character.

Yeah, from what I've heard about it from my friend it sounds like a great city. Abby has been writing a story which is set partly in Chicago and so she's been talking about having to visit and get a real feel for the place. So, hopefully we'll get to visit sometime soon...

then I'll make jokes about 'White Sux' :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom