The Octagon Bar: Pitch your tents here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
Think I'll change that . . . this one's even worse. I looked better with the gorilla outfit on.

*whistles*

Hottie!

Er...uhmm.. I mean hi, I don't think we've been introduced. Nice to meet you, I'm Mitzye. Thank you for all you do in Afghanistan. :up:

*Looks around realizes others are staring*

Hey guys and dolls! :wave:

How are we doing today?

(pitches a tent for IMIMW and waits patiently) :angel:

:laugh: :wink:

Hey Angel! :hug: How you doing sweetpea?!

I've got awesome news! I turned in an application to Starbucks last night and the manager called me today and wants to meet with me tommorow!!! :hyper:

starsgoblue said:
(pitches a tent for IMIMW and waits patiently) :angel:

:laugh: :wink:

Hey Angel! :hug: How you doing sweetpea?!

I've got awesome news! I turned in an application to Starbucks last night and the manager called me today and wants to meet with me tommorow!!! :hyper:

Rebekah!!!! That's fantastic!!!!!! :hyper:

:hug:

You've nothing to worry about love--with your charm, intellect and wit the other appplicants have nothing on you!

*staggers in with wild hair and sweatpants on*

ack, I just woke up :crack::yawn:

*grabs pot of coffee and plunks down on bar stool*

I think Im getting sick

eugh. I hate getting sick. And this is the longest workday of my week:rolleyes: How very convenient......

Is that hottie bartender here anywhere?

Aw, thanks! I used to run a coffee shop back when I was in Rhode Island and I loved doing it and I made serious tippage. I'm tired of being broke! If I get this job I might be able to afford all this U2 madness! :heart:

Plus...free Starbucks coffee...:drool:

starsforu2 said:

How about your face pasted to a fan. It will be Alan on a stick. It will be more portable, and when we want a scape goat we can put the Alan face on and say something naughty. :yes:

Great idea! Can we get one from all the Octagonians who can't be there?

Then we can just hold them up the heads when we take a group picture! While we're at it, why not make little head fans for :bono: :edge: :larry: and :adam: ?

What a great group shot that would be! :lmao:

Tim, that's a great idea. I'm down!! I reall want to be there...seriously I should just go and hang out and hold the GA line down for you if you wanna potty or something. I can entertain myself while you guys are at the show!!!

Hey Tara! :wave:

starsgoblue said:
Aw, thanks! I used to run a coffee shop back when I was in Rhode Island and I loved doing it and I made serious tippage. I'm tired of being broke! If I get this job I might be able to afford all this U2 madness! :heart:

Plus...free Starbucks coffee...:drool:

*sips coffee*

I have to say, the coffee shop I work for makes a lot better coffee than the starbucks here. People actually come in with cups of their coffee for us to throw away so we can make them a new one! :ohmy:
I dont know what theyre doing to their coffee over there but Im not complaining. Plus I get all the coffee I want!
Being a barista rocks

u2bonogirl said:

*sips coffee*

I have to say, the coffee shop I work for makes a lot better coffee than the starbucks here. People actually come in with cups of their coffee for us to throw away so we can make them a new one! :ohmy:
I dont know what theyre doing to their coffee over there but Im not complaining. Plus I get all the coffee I want!
Being a barista rocks

The Starbucks down here on campus makes the shittiest coffee ever....there really is a world of difference if someone actually knows what they're doing. I have to say I make the best cappucinos. :yes: The Starbucks I applied to is one off campus that I actually go out of my way for to get some good coffee.

I miss my shop my in RI though. :heart: That place rocked.

u2bonogirl said:

*sips coffee*

Being a barista rocks

free coffee.... :drool:

I don't think I can be a barista. I'm too addicted to coffee that I would start sampling everyone's drinks! I had horrific withdrawals two weeks ago at a friend's house--low blood pressure, vomiting, accelerated heart beat...so sad but true. I've been drinking coffee since I was a baby (my parents gave it to me in a bottle) so I need it to live!!!

I'd get fired faster than you can say "You're fired!"

starsgoblue said:

The Starbucks down here on campus makes the shittiest coffee ever....there really is a world of difference if someone actually knows what they're doing. I have to say I make the best cappucinos. :yes: The Starbucks I applied to is one off campus that I actually go out of my way for to get some good coffee.

I miss my shop my in RI though. :heart: That place rocked.

It was really cool the other day, this guy asked for a capp, extra dry. I was like, okay, somebody actually knows what a bloody cappuccino is! :wink:
Then he came up to me right in front of my boss later and told me it was a rockin drink and he would be back for more from me
*blows on nails and rubs them on shirt*
yeah....Im cool :lol:
Im just happy that the shop I went out of my way to get coffee from hired me!
Although, all that caffeine
*twitch*
might be having an
*twitch*
effect

I have this guy that will only come in when I work. But I highly doubt its because of the way I make the drink:rolleyes:

I get so mad at people when Im trying to train them....its really bad. I get twirked when I think theye made a drink wrong and I have to go in a make it all over again because Im obsessed with putting out good drinks:shrug:

mitzye, thats terrible that you had that withdrawl! :ohmy:
And I thought it was bad that Ive been drinking coffee since i was six...you were a baby!

u2bonogirl said:
I have this guy that will only come in when I work. But I highly doubt its because of the way I make the drink:rolleyes:

I get so mad at people when Im trying to train them....its really bad. I get twirked when I think theye made a drink wrong and I have to go in a make it all over again because Im obsessed with putting out good drinks:shrug:

mitzye, thats terrible that you had that withdrawl! :ohmy:
And I thought it was bad that Ive been drinking coffee since i was six...you were a baby!

LOL...yeah we take our coffee seriously in my culture--it's not just for taste but a family bonding thing.

:drool: dry capps...I :heart: you gals even more now that I know you know what they are and can *make* them!!!!

Hey ewen! :wave:

U2democrat said:
Hopefully well..................*crosses fingers*

While I cross my fingers, Gerard Butler has something to tell you.
Gerard?

gb11.jpg

Honey, I know you did well and to celebrate, I'm taking you out for the wildest night of your life. Forget about school, tonight will be all about you! :hug: :kiss:

:wave: Hello gang! Angel, that picture of Gerard is disturbing :tsk: But not nearly as much as that guy from Knightwatch, BayRider, whatever :wink:

** Looks on the couch, under the bar, in the backrooms, in the hot tub, in the sheesha bar next door, under the pillows, by the dj booth, and in the alley, but can't find hide or hair of my love :( **

I missed by baby :( I was in a meeting :madspit:

** kicks bottle softly across the floor towards the bar, sidestepping the beanbag that Wolfie brought in and finally rests on the couch **

:sigh: Well, this thought cheers me up... 163 days until I'm a married man :dance:

And only 9 days until I see my love :heart:

:drool: coffee

U2democrat said:
personally i prefer him with the shorter hair.

24_Day-Eight-52.jpg

:drool:

Hasselhoff who's he? Stumbles to beanbag chair and :drool: some more.

163 days go by way fast Tim. Are you ready? Are we gonna have an Octagon Bachelor/Bachelorette party?

My bestfriend is getting married in September so I have all these wedding planners/bridal magazines around me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom