The Octagon Bar: Pitch your tents here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao: ahh you reminded me of how much i love the name rebekah. i've decided now i need to have two daughters to use up the names i've picked out. (this is coming from someone who said a couple years ago she didn't want any kids!) now i need to find a man first. :laugh: well, i guess i should say another man.

That's why this bar opens and closes so quickly...

People have a few drinkies, start chatting and before you know it..... post fever :lol:

*Puts on "Brown Eyed Girl by Van "The Man" Morrison*

:dance: :dance:

Tania said:
That's why this bar opens and closes so quickly...

People have a few drinkies, start chatting and before you know it..... post fever :lol:

*Puts on "Brown Eyed Girl by Van "The Man" Morrison*

:dance: :dance:

you dont know how many people have sung that to me:rolleyes::wink:
not that I mind, but hey! I have green in them too!

Me too!

A friend, here in Aus, was telling me that Van wrote it about his mother.... (He's a Scot).:eyebrow:

Tania said:
Me too!

A friend, here in Aus, was telling me that Van wrote it about his mother.... (He's a Scot).:eyebrow:
personally I liked it when a certain somebody referred to mine as the green and gold that gets him home:cute:

*grabs the mic again*
its those spanish eyes, that get me hooooome! home again!!!!*

One of the guys on our hockey team was convinced my name began with a J, so was working through all the names he knew beginning with J and wondering why I wasn't responding!

We sorted it out over a beer afterwards:wink:

Tania said:
One of the guys on our hockey team was convinced my name began with a J, so was working through all the names he knew beginning with J and wondering why I wasn't responding!

We sorted it out over a beer afterwards:wink:

People always misprounounce my name

its
taaaaaaara

like tear a piece of paper:laugh:
not tara like bucket of tar.....

Ive had enough nicknames to last me a lifetime too
*grabs a beer*
mmm I love the taste of beer foam....

anyway,
they used to call me shorty, lefty, ducky, booger, boo bear....this is getting embarrasing

I had a teacher in high school...I had him for two different classes for two years and he called me Rachel every damn day. It happens all the time...they totally aren't alike. Maybe I look like Rachel from Friends...:wink::laugh:

starsgoblue said:
I had a teacher in high school...I had him for two different classes for two years and he called me Rachel every damn day. It happens all the time...they totally aren't alike. Maybe I look like Rachel from Friends...:wink::laugh:
I had a friend, elisabeth. everyone called her rose. :shrug:

I think she has the most amazing voice, and she is sooooo young.

I would like to hear her being a little more stretched, as I think some of her songs don't do her voice justice.

Hey ladies! :wave:

I love Joss Stone...Rachel Olstead is my new gal though...beautiful voice.

People always mispronounce my name too. It's Mitzye but for some reason I always get Misty or Missy... :shrug:

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Yeah, her voice sound like it's coming from a 40 year old black woman that's been singing soul forever. It's amazing. I agree bout the stretching too.

Speaking of soulful black women, I've been on a Billie Holiday/Etta James kick. Lady Day sure knows how to make girl cry and feel like a woman!

I was recently introduced to Mahalia Jackson as well. I've never really paid attention to Gospel music before but Mahalia makes me shiver. Most people don't know this but when MLK gave his famous "I Have a Dream" speech, it was Mahalia who opened up the event by singing "We Shall Overcome."

starsgoblue said:
Mitzye...that sounds cute! :cute: How DO you pronounce it though...:slant: Is that a Jewish name? 'Scuse my ignorance.

Phonetically--it's Mitsy/Mitsee.

It's not a Jewish name though many people think it is. It's actually Hungarian (even though I'm not even 0.01% Hungarian; I'm Latina). My dad had a huge crush on Mitzi Gaynor, this leggy singer/dancer/actress from the 50s and he told my mom that if they had a daughter, she had to be named after Ms. Gaynor. My mom said she didn't care as long as I had a middle name and boom...I came along and so it was. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom