The Octagon Bar: Off life support, still alive and kicking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starsforu2 said:

Hello there! Watch where you swing that thing!

** ducks :madwife: while making a drink for U2girl1978 **

Here's a White Russian for you. :scratch: I have no idea what kind of drinks you would prefer. :shrug:

Well, I'm off to see my :happywife: (Hellllllooooo Tara! :sexywink:)

You rock! I :love: White Russians... *gulps it down*

If you could make me a cranberry vodka with raspberry I'd most definitely be a happy camper. :happy:

I haven't honestly been around that much this summer, what with work. I had no idea what was going on with them.

Say hi for me if you speak to either of them on the phone! :)

Getting ready to head out from work soon?

DaveC said:
I haven't honestly been around that much this summer, what with work. I had no idea what was going on with them.

Say hi for me if you speak to either of them on the phone! :)

Getting ready to head out from work soon?

Sure will! I'm sure I'll be hearing from Abby soon. :)

Had today off (election day), but had to do mucho stuff around the apartment/my mom's house so I was posting during down time. :shh:

*gets April an election day vodka cran*

See? I remembered! :p

How'd you get the whole day off though for the elections?? We get a grand total of an hour max to go vote if we're at work. And we only get that hour if there's no other opportunity for us to go when working hours are done.

Good memory, this one has. :sexywink:

Not all companies have it off, but the Big Three always has that and Veteran's Day off (actually, Monday since officially it's this Friday and that would be too nice, having two days off in one week :p )

Did you see there's going to be a book or article (can't remember which) on Hunter's funeral coming out soon? I read the article in Rolling Stone, pretty kickass sendoff. :up:

wow - came over here to see if Laura had any early election day results and have found lots of old bar friends hanging around

lets see - since the bar had not had a bartender since Tim hung up the apron for wedded bliss (which looks lovely on both Tim and Tara) I'll just go and see if I can unearth that bottle of rum I stashed under the bar sometime last spring

rum and coke for all :hug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Did you see there's going to be a book or article (can't remember which) on Hunter's funeral coming out soon? I read the article in Rolling Stone, pretty kickass sendoff. :up:

I plan on being in Woody Creek, CO for the public party. I've already started saving for the trip. :wink:

Goooodmorning! :wave:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Isn't this about the same time last year that the bar started getting popular? :scratch:

Must be the change of seasons. :wink:

:whistle: :lol:

**Goes behind bardesk and makes her morning tea**

U2democrat said:
SWEET VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shouldn't you be in bed sleeping? :wink:

ETA: Congrats, btw! :D:up:

U2democrat said:
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

TIM KAINE ROCKS MY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was front row center for his speech :D

Sounds like you've just been front row center at a U2 concert, with all the :hyper:s! :giggle:

Merc said:

Sounds like you've just been front row center at a U2 concert

I Have

dallasagain1vl.jpg

MONEY BALLLLLLLLLLLLL

U2democrat said:
Oh I'm just so happy.

Drinks on me!

:wave: Hi :happy:-Demmy! :wink:

Thanks, I could use a drink right now! I'm working on the theoretical framework for my Masters - why did I convince myself it was a good idea writing it in English?! :huh: :coocoo: :lol:

I could use some caffeine right about now... :yawn:

*makes a coffee*

*sits on the couch with his coffee*

*waits for someone to join him*

:flirt:

Hi everyone! :wave:

Someone special you're :flirt:ing at Dave...? :wink:

DaveC said:
Nobody in particular. I'm just hitting on the entire bar. :D

:lol:

Sounds like the good old bar days to me! :D

ETA: :flirt: