The Octagon Bar: now with artificial moose head and kitchen (with thanks to DaveC)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You kids ready for story time? In a galaxy far far away...

A young lad named Tim was curious about whether or not anyone here had met because of U2 or interference

The date was October 20th, 2004. I believe that I had posed this question in another thread to Starsgoblue. And in fact, with her dynamism as a poster I was a little attracted to her, but she was bebopping around so much, I lost interest. :p Sorry Rebekah! I like attention!
Digsy and Merc were 2 of the first ones to join in with Rebekah in requesting U2 boyfriends. Two days later we started toying with the idea of meeting in the Octagon Bar in Dublin for this tour. That idea spawned a virtual bar. Later that day, October 22nd at 10:17 EST, a young crazy woman walked into the bar and changed my life forever. :heart: And she was in love with someone else... Here is the beginning. One day I'll root out more if anyone cares. It's an amazing story... perhaps more so in a few months... Enjoy!

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99786

hey all :wave:

aw, what a good story Tim.

I will be in and out tonight as I have some reading to do :sad:

I just finished my tax training program and it was hard; I don't know if I can prepare other people's taxes :(

This is the fastest bar ever; it'll close out in MUCH less than 12 hours :up:

starsforu2 said:
You kids ready for story time? In a galaxy far far away...

A young lad named Tim was curious about whether or not anyone here had met because of U2 or interference

The date was October 20th, 2004. I believe that I had posed this question in another thread to Starsgoblue. And in fact, with her dynamism as a poster I was a little attracted to her, but she was bebopping around so much, I lost interest. :p Sorry Rebekah! I like attention!
Digsy and Merc were 2 of the first ones to join in with Rebekah in requesting U2 boyfriends. Two days later we started toying with the idea of meeting in the Octagon Bar in Dublin for this tour. That idea spawned a virtual bar. Later that day, October 22nd at 10:17 EST, a young crazy woman walked into the bar and changed my life forever. :heart: And she was in love with someone else... Here is the beginning. One day I'll root out more if anyone cares. It's an amazing story... perhaps more so in a few months... Enjoy!

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99786

so sweet:happy:
I think its great :D I've seen every "public" stage of it

lauren, you really know how to brighten the day of a self employed guy! by mentioning feckin taxes! lol :wink:

yikes sorry; I am feeling a bit down about it though; I didn't think it would be so difficult :sad:

lauren430 said:
yikes sorry; I am feeling a bit down about it though; I didn't think it would be so difficult :sad:

is it preparing all the powerpoint slides and the script of your presentation that's getting you down or the subject matter?

i used to get through that preparation at uni by entertainming myself by putting in little subliminal messages into my slides (ala Fight Club)...one of my presentation group members took a fit when he realised what i had planned - "what if powerpoint freezes while 'Big C**k' is on the screen?"

it's not a presentation. I volunteered to be trained to complete tax forms for low income people a couple of hours of week. I came in knowing pretty much nothing about taxes. They gave us some sheets, did a powerpoint presentation, went through one return, then we were supposed to do 4 forms with different fictional people and situations and now we're supposed to know how to do taxes and start doing people's taxes at volunteer sessions beginning next week....:huh: :( :ohmy:

Yeah I don't think you can learn it all in 4 hours...

Right you lot . I'm off to bed, as otherwise I won't be able to get up in time for The Big Event. Thanks for a great evening at the bar - see you soon. Also BEST OF LUCK for getting your tickets. :hug: Night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom