The Octagon Bar: No Shirt, No Shoes, No Nukes, No Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:: sends James a Guinness with a stern look ::

Be a gentleman with this lovely young lady, you hear? :angry:

:sexywink:

I have to get dressed and get ready to go out and fill out eight million forms relating to my missing wallet and then go to work, so ta until later, kids.

:dancing:

I'm at work now, but it's a slow day for me. So give me something! I know I deserve some after last weekend (scoring tickets for one of the Dutch U2 concerts! :hyper: ).

*goes looking at the whisky collection*

Of course, I will regail with tales of my week at a dinosaur dig and what I found (A hypsilophodont jaw btw :hyper: ).

paxetaurora said:
I have to get dressed and get ready to go out and fill out eight million forms relating to my missing wallet and then go to work, so ta until later, kids.

:dancing:

As in work at your new job?
Good luck! :up:

Nooooo, I'm at my old job through 18 February, and then my new job starts the 22nd. :hyper:

I wish I was starting my new job today. :grumpy:

Welcome to the Bar, btw! :hyper:

:: send Martijn a Guinness ::

paxetaurora said:
Welcome to the Bar, btw! :hyper:

:: send Martijn a Guinness ::

Yeah, I've been absent for a while. I could follow the first few, but then I lost track a bit. It all goes so fast in here.
And I have Testje to keep up with. :wink:

Well I got down to inverloch which is down on the coast and spent a week as a volunteer at a dig. The site is out on the rocks alongside the seaside, literally a rock shelf with all the problems of tides and rock falls from the cliffs behind it.

It was essentially digging up the hole (a 3 x 5 meter hole dug out of the rock with jackhammers to get to the fossil layer dug out over prior years) which filled up with sand and water every night even though there was a system of tarpolins, girders and mesh. So on account of my plough like digging ability I was able to assist. Then in the day rock was taken out of the layer and then layed out, checked for obvious fossils. The pieces taken out are then worked on by cracking it apart until something is found in the rock or it is reduced to a pile of little stones. I cracked open a piece of rock from the hole with my chisel and hammer and there was an edge of jaw sticking out complete with little teeth, and that has been catalogued and will probably be extracted at a point in the future. It was the jaw from a plant eating sheep sized dinosaur, a hypsilophodontidae.

Digging and breaking rock lasted for about 8 hours a day and in time off I generally kicked back, played a cardgame called fucktard (a derivation of shithead) and drank quite a few beers until 1 am (I enjoyed about 6 beers one night between 9:00 and midnight followed by some shots of vodka ~ then retiring to my tent during the biggest storm on record, best nights sleep I ever had ~ except for that pesky 4:30 toilet dash through wind and pounding rain).

Last edited:
Hypsilophodontidae.gif

Is this a hypsilophodontidae?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom