The Octagon Bar: Love is in the Air, Spilled Guinness Is on the Ground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: Hello Brighest Star! I don't if we've been formally introduced. I'm Tim! :D

Sometimes bartender, when this place sits still long enough to pour a drink :rolleyes:

** Wipes down bar and distributes coasters along the row **
It's cool to see so many people make it their home. :yes: We're going to have a pretty substantial contingent of them in Philly it looks like :dancing:

Hey Pax! Sounds like you're doing some nice chatting off-line : :eyebrow: The question on all our minds is... Is he going to become a Scottish-American or are you going to become a American-Scot? :cute:

Tim,

Someone proposed to their girlfriend live on the BBC last night during Question Time..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/default.stm

No mention of it there or on the web here but the woman went a lovely shade of scarlet! :lol: And kept mouthing "oh my god" over and over. They were sat in the front row of the audience and when David Dimbleby picked the guy out with his arm raised to give his view etc in the debate, instead he popped the question to her live on telly! :laugh:

[Edit]

It is there! With video http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4234907.stm :applaud:

Last edited:
enajh2 said:
Tim,

Someone proposed to their girlfriend live on the BBC last night during Question Time..

No mention of it there or on the web here but the woman went a lovely shade of scarlet! :lol: And kept mouthing "oh my god" over and over. They were sat in the front row of the audience and when David Dimbleby picked the guy out with his arm raised to give his view etc in the debate, instead he popped the question to her live on telly! :laugh:

QUOTE]

I watched the video :madspit: That threw out idea # 1, and Diamond had idea #2.

Do you know how hard it is to get U2's attention when you're trying to propose? :wink: Just kidding! Although it would be fun to do it at a concert, I'm not waiting until May to propose! :rolleyes: She'd kill me! :laugh:

Oh, and who among you would propose without being certain about the outcome? My friend says that no one should propose without knowing the answer. In my opinion, if you aren't certain, you shouldn't be asking! :shrug:

*enters bar, runs up to pax, gently lifts her out of her chair and twirls her around and around in an embrace*

hi folks :wave:

excuse me but it just had to be done.

*walks into bar, goes up to starsgoblue, picks her up, loses his footing, spends night in emergency room singing slightly off key "Party Girl" to stars with a noticably untuned guitar*

** Pulls some Pork Rinds and Windex from under the bar and places them on counter **

:eyebrow: On second thought... ** swaps Windex for Scope **

If you're going to drink blue liquid, it might as well freshen your breath. Can't be walking around with Gorilla breath can you? :hmm: Which one were you btw, the Gorilla or the other guy?

:shrug: I don't care if it's you or King Kong who are fighting the good fight. Thanks for all you're doing over there. :yes:

** Moves speedily to accomodate all the requests at the bar **

Ok, bottle of Jack and a thimble of Diet coke. Right-O.

** Pours small shot glass of Diet coke and hands it to the Pop Angel **

**Whistles and a man with a uneven gait walks in and he looks either :drunk: or :coocoo: **

He's Sean, and he's a little nutty, aren't you Boy-O?

** Leans in for a whisper **
He was hit in the head a couple of times playing football. He's not dangerous, just a little.... off

We almost had an epic battle between the republican and democrat clubs today. We were having our club pictures taken, and as we dems were sitting proud waiting for the camera to flash, the republican club was booing. as soon as the picture was taken the democrats charged at the republicans.......but stopped right before fists were thrown. I yelled at a bunch of them (both republicans and democrats). However it would be a great story in school history if the two clubs fought it out :lol:

U2democrat said:
We almost had an epic battle between the republican and democrat clubs today. We were having our club pictures taken, and as we dems were sitting proud waiting for the camera to flash, the republican club was booing. as soon as the picture was taken the democrats charged at the republicans.......but stopped right before fists were thrown. I yelled at a bunch of them (both republicans and democrats). However it would be a great story in school history if the two clubs fought it out :lol:

ha ha, sounds exciting..wish I coulda been there!

U2democrat said:

Something akin to the epic anchorman battle in "Anchorman"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom