The Octagon Bar: Just the Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not happy with it. I was really looking forward to spending all day in line (seeing as how this was going to be spring and not early fall) and enjoying the camraderie with other U2 fans. I think you're right in that the lottery system is going to make things even worse in terms of line-ups. People will get that much more competitive for those wristbands. :down:

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to come across as one of those elitist, whiney U2 fans, but I will miss the fun of the GA line and the fairness of the "first come, first serve" system.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm not happy with it. I was really looking forward to spending all day in line (seeing as how this was going to be spring and not early fall) and enjoying the camraderie with other U2 fans. I think you're right in that the lottery system is going to make things even worse in terms of line-ups. People will get that much more competitive for those wristbands. :down:

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to come across as one of those elitist, whiney U2 fans, but I will miss the fun of the GA line and the fairness of the "first come, first serve" system.

No I agree. I think the it will make things a lot worse in term of lineups....people may get really nasty about the wristbands whereas if you're on a first-come-first-served basis there's really no room to complain, you got there when you got there. And I was looking forward to hanging out all day with fans too.

*walks in slowly, with the weight of tiredness on her ankles*
:wave: hey all.
Happy Easter :yes:
Just wanted to pop in for a nightcap before I go to bed.
*kicks off her shoes at the door and walks behind the bar counter*
It just doesnt look the same without Tim the bartender behind it :wink:
*takes a small glass and pours a few shots of brandy in it*
*downs it in one slug and puts her shoes back on*
:wave: see you all tomorrow

starsgoblue said:

No I agree. I think the it will make things a lot worse in term of lineups....people may get really nasty about the wristbands whereas if you're on a first-come-first-served basis there's really no room to complain, you got there when you got there. And I was looking forward to hanging out all day with fans too.

Go to the tour forum. Apparently there are already 50 people in line at a Chili's across the street from the arena. :banghead:

Hi Tara. :wave: I may need some of what you're having in a few.....

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Go to the tour forum. Apparently there are already 50 people in line at a Chili's across the street from the arena. :banghead:

That's exactly what'll happen. People will still line up except it will be crazy early and that much unsafer to be standing around in my opinion. I think this will cause alot more problems than anything else.

I'm off to bed! :wave:

*opens up the front door and starts to step out*
It sounds like the stress leading up to the tour is beginning to grip people.
Try to relax..... :yes:
*flicks "everything will be alright" by the Killers on the jukebox and walks out the door*

Pax, can you tell me if the countdown is correct when you bring it up on your machine over there. Just with our clocks going forward an hour over here. Talking of which, my 'local time' on here still hasn't gone forward.

i=It looks right from my end of things.

Lord, I feel strange today. Tired but incredibly serene.

This is an interesting Monday.

:kiss:

30 days, 12 hours and 45 minutes approx? is that what you're getting?

i know exactly what you mean about tired and serene. :kiss:

i woke up (*cough*thisafternoon*cough*) with a smile and still have it.

(you may have your own dirty thoughts folks but you'll be a million miles off the mark)

Yes, that's what I have.

I woke up this morning knowing that I'm sick and feel like shite, that I'm stuck at work all day, that it's pouring rain, and I could not possibly care less.

:kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom