The Octagon Bar: It's the First New Bar of April! Hammocks for All!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go Ewen, more trivia

The name Perth itself is of course Scottish. It was chosen in 1829 by the future Governor of the newly proclaimed colony of Western Australia, Captain James Stirling. Captain Stirling, himself a Scot, was happy to implement the wish of Sir George Murray, Secretary for the Colonies, that the settlement be named for Perthshire, which was not only the birthplace of Sir George but also his parliamentary seat at Westminster. Of the names of the 351 suburbs in the Perth-Rockingham-Mandurah Metropolitan area, 62 (17.7%) can be found in Scotland or are connected with Scotland in other ways. Of course, some of the names are used in other parts of the British Isles as well, but half of them (8.8%) are unique to Scotland or are readily identifiable with places in Scotland that are based on the same names.

so any Scottishness in your Perth remain apart from names and stuff? i.e. do you celebrate Burns night (big here in Scotland)?

btw, regarding 'no visitors'......you may have two in 2007 :wink:

ewen said:
so any Scottishness in your Perth remain apart from names and stuff? i.e. do you celebrate Burns night (big here in Scotland)?

btw, regarding 'no visitors'......you may have two in 2007 :wink:

No, not that I know of.

I'm airing the spare room now :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom