The Octagon Bar: It's Getting A Bit Warm In Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
You guys are in the same state and still have to email each other? :rolleyes:

Some people email their work colleagues, when they're in the same building!? Don't they Pax?

:scratch:

;)

**Walks into the bar with a very :shifty: look...**

I'm just here until the hallway is clear, so I can go out to the living room and... ahem... borrow :shifty: a plant...

... I need something to put one of my own plants in :reject: - and everything is dying in the livingroom anyways! :shrug:

pax said:
:| and :down: to the smug marrieds

I never want to be like that when I'm married.

what's a smug married?

a woman that'll kind of rub it in the face of an unmarried woman that she's married?

hmm, ok. strange. dunno why being married should stop people hanging out with their friends.

ewen said:
hmm, ok. strange. dunno why being married should stop people hanging out with their friends.

:shrug:

It's not even so much that they stop hanging out with their friends (though that's part of it), but that they make their single friends feel like there's something wrong with them because they're unmarried.

e.g. the dinner scene in Bridget Jones' Diary: "Yes, when are you going to get sprugged up, old girl? Can't wait forever, you know!" "Tick, tick, tick!"

:shifty:

**Sneaks across the bar floor with a plant under her arm**

:whistle:

:shh:

pax said:

:shrug:

It's not even so much that they stop hanging out with their friends (though that's part of it), but that they make their single friends feel like there's something wrong with them because they're unmarried.

i said that

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
How is everyone's afternoon going?

It's dinner time here... :D Just put my left-over-lasagne in the oven... :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom