The Octagon Bar: [Insert Whatever Ewen Would Have Called It Here]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well we'll see....but I think I could get a decently priced flight there and I have a friend near Philly so it would work out well, and apparently a rumor is that it would be in mid May, so I'd be done with school....:hyper:

whoo now it's a show on Savannah Georgia; I love Savannah!!

Yeah this nervousness calls for a drink :|

Yeah, the other night I had Liquid Dope. A whole pitcher of it. It's got like 7 different brandies, vodka, all sorts of stuff with a spash of OJ....the bartender said it equals bout eight shots. Yup, I drank two pitchers. :| I'm not a lush I swear.

starsgoblue said:
Yeah, the other night I had Liquid Dope. A whole pitcher of it. It's got like 7 different brandies, vodka, all sorts of stuff with a spash of OJ....the bartender said it equals bout eight shots. Yup, I drank two pitchers. :| I'm not a lush I swear.

lush

damn you don't mess around....I could do that last summer when I was drinking heavily nearly every night :|

But now I rarely drink.

:laugh:

Yeah, people in law school don't go out much and it's so expensive and I'm trying to save money :huh:

ewen said:
tara,

i've bought what would be considered by most as cheap crap bass guitars. the one that i did spend a lot of money on was ironically the crappest bass i believe i may have ever played. but what i have spent a fortune on (maybe $8000) is my backline...my Ampeg amps, bins and effects. i came to that way of thinking after an interview Adam gave when he said it doesn't really matter how much money you spend on a bass it's all what happens behind you that's important. unfortunately, because i had to pay my own way through university (college) I had to sell all of my backline. :sad:

regarding effects - i'd use wahwah peddles and expression peddles with my bass....my old band once did an instrumental version of Bullet the Blue Sky and the wahwah peddle on the bass was amazing. i've got a recording somewhere that i should let you have a listen to.
I would love to hear you play:yes:
My guitar isnt anything expensive. I think I spent as much on my iPod as I did on the guitar:lol:
ironically my bass is really nice:shrug: But I think Im going to sell it before I move to help pay for an immediate car to drive until I get something nicer.

lauren430 said:
:laugh:

Yeah, people in law school don't go out much and it's so expensive and I'm trying to save money :huh:

thats why youre supposed to get guys to buy you drinks

U2democrat said:
ah i'm back and squeaky clean after a much needed shower. :cute:

:lmao:

i think i may have read that wrong....much needed because you needed refreshing or because you were ranc! sorry, just the way i read it, it was pretty funny.

starsgoblue said:

Can I just say that I totally agree with you! Except I will be all nervous until I've got tickets. GA tickets. One step closer to recieving the initiating nibble....:yes:
Im so glad I have Tim on my side in all of this. Hes good at getting tickets and he has 4 u2.com memberships:lol:
Im gonna see my first u2 show! woo hoo!
GA baby, thats the way to go
I swear, I have got to get on that stage

does anybody know what time "monday morning" they will give out the tour info?

no but I think it will be Monday morning GMT so it will be in the middle of the night here; just what I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom