The Octagon Bar: [Insert Whatever Ewen Would Have Called It Here]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what ratio of hot chocolate to baileys would you like April?

what's happening on Tuesday?

ewen said:
*diverts eyes so that Tim doesn't thump him*

bass, nice one.....tis my instrument. although i vaguely remember you saying sometime ago that you'd rather play guitar. i love the bass personally, i pick up my guitar maybe once a month whereas the bass gets played daily.

well, i guess from the quietness that my comment about American Football didn't go down to well. sorry folks, no disrespect was intended.
:D thats right, I think Tim might get a little peeved at other men seeing me change
maybe I should have thought of that before I went taking my clothes off in the middle of a bar:lol:
Oddly enough I think hes watching football with a friend right now.
Apparently me, Ewen and Lauren are the only ones around here not watching football:p
I would much rather play guitar, just for the fact that Im better with it and can be more creative without the weight of being in the rythm section. I love playing with effects on the guitar.
Its looking pretty snazzy these days. I have u2 on there twice. Its a black ibanez with a red and black u2 sticker, dismantled so that it covered more space. lol
and some mailbox stickers that say u2:D
and a red radiohead minotaur
oh, and did I mention the red and black strap Tim found for me?
My red and black theme is sweeeeeet

U2democrat said:
there's just silence about the game because most of us here are atlanta fans and they're down by 10. :|

This is still far too close for my liking...going into the 4th quarter it's 20-10 for Philadelphia... :huh:

cool, I spent 5 days in San Sebastian last summer before going to the running of the bulls :up:

oh man the running of the bulls is the craziest thing ever

i ran in that a few summers ago

yeah it is...I had fun but I wouldn't go back. It's a one time thing for me; it wasn't what I thought it would be.

Yes Tara, you must go to Spain. It's a toss up but I think I like Portugal a tiny bit more. Cheaper for sure :up:

Both were amazing.

yeah, i agree, unless i was able to get a hotel room along the path of the bulls or something

sleeping in a park isnt the most fun

I slept a doorway for 2 hours the first night :huh: and it was pouring down rain. Needless to say I was ready to get the hell out of there after about 48 hours. :|

haha, yeah i only stayed for like 24 hours, anything more than that would have been too much

tara,

i've bought what would be considered by most as cheap crap bass guitars. the one that i did spend a lot of money on was ironically the crappest bass i believe i may have ever played. but what i have spent a fortune on (maybe $8000) is my backline...my Ampeg amps, bins and effects. i came to that way of thinking after an interview Adam gave when he said it doesn't really matter how much money you spend on a bass it's all what happens behind you that's important. unfortunately, because i had to pay my own way through university (college) I had to sell all of my backline. :sad:

regarding effects - i'd use wahwah peddles and expression peddles with my bass....my old band once did an instrumental version of Bullet the Blue Sky and the wahwah peddle on the bass was amazing. i've got a recording somewhere that i should let you have a listen to.

I was so tired I had a breakdown in the Pamplona train station and started crying when my Spanish was getting me nowhere and I thought I was stuck there in pamplona. Luckily I managed to get a ticket, :laugh:

lauren430 said:
I was so tired I had a breakdown in the Pamplona train station and started crying when my Spanish was getting me nowhere and I thought I was stuck there in pamplona. Luckily I managed to get a ticket, :laugh:

aww :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom