The Octagon Bar - hitch, ditch or glitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merc said:

So, it's meatballs for dinner on friday then...? :wink:

(Ewen, keep your mind out of the gutter! :shame: :p )

dinner? yes, w h a t e v e r! lol :wink:

I'm planning on going home for lunch today like I usually do, and Friday I sat out on my porch and ate lunch waiting for the mailman. :reject:

He came, all right, but he didn't bring anything good. :grumpy:

I was thinking I'd do this again today, but I don't want the mailman to think I have nothing better to do than sit on my porch and wait for the mail.

pax said:
I'm planning on going home for lunch today like I usually do, and Friday I sat out on my porch and ate lunch waiting for the mailman. :reject:

He came, all right, but he didn't bring anything good. :grumpy:

I was thinking I'd do this again today, but I don't want the mailman to think I have nothing better to do than sit on my porch and wait for the mail.
Or think you have a crush on him...:ohmy:

Shut UP! I SO do not have a crush on my mailman. :wink:

In fact, sometimes it's a mailwoman.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It depends with me...time of mail delivery seems to be somewhat erratic in these parts. Sometimes it's around 12:30 or 1:00 p.m., sometimes it doesn't happen until almost 3:00 p.m.

Never really before lunchtime, though, that I can tell.

My mailpeople seem nice enough. I think it's just that the neighborhood is carved up strangely and seems to be served by different mailpeople at different times. :shrug:

I have two really good post offices near me, too, and it's so funny how different they are...one is this little ramshackle outpost that's only open half days (but the staff is really nice), and the other is this super-modern one in the mall that's open seven days a week well into the evening.

It's such a Monday here in the Bar...we've resorted to talking about mail and U2. :laugh:

The Bar is usually like IO in that we talk about anything BUT U2.

("Miss Sarajevo" now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom