The Octagon Bar: Hello Hello--The Tour Is Going To Be Called Vertigo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I should finally weigh in one what I'm thinking about the tour...

With Leg #1 wrapping up in May, even if I am moving this summer (which is not yet definite), I'll still be in Northeast PA at the time, which means Philadelphia makes a bit more sense for me. Leg #3, then, could take me to Philadelphia, NYC, OR Vegas, possibly...

Although I'm also considering San Diego.

** Enter The Octagon, with a big :D, wearing her grey Octagon T-shirt**

Hellooooooo...............

Anybody here tonight?! Or....?!

hi.......i'm in the Baine Chaud!

did a bit of shopping today.

*ahem*

Hi Ewen...! :wave:

Shopping... as in shopping for the "I-think-I-know-what-you're-talking-about-but-I'm-not-quite-sure"-thing?! :shifty: :reject:

Hi! :wave:

San Diego may not work, actually...that date is a Monday AND it is the weekend of Easter and my brother's birthday.

Lousy timing. :down:

Pax! I'm planning on taking my mom to her first U2 show in Phillie! We should meet up! :D

Hi everyone! :D

I'm planning on getting a U2.com membership later today, I should be fine right? I NEED GA tickets for at least one show, I'm planning on going to two right now. One in Ohio and then in PA. But my Bono Crusade dictates at least one GA experience oppurtunity.

I should be fine if I got a U2.com membership today, I'm thinking, right?

I am really excited to be taking my mom to a show. She's never seen em live and she's the one who practically raised me on them! :hyper: She's going to die! And then understand my obsesssion....:evil:

I learned the hard way last time. I'm not wasting my time with U2.com or Ticketbastard--eBay and TotalTickets all the way. I may pay a fortune, but at least I won't camp out in a parking garage overnight only to get nosebleed seats.

paxetaurora said:
I learned the hard way last time. I'm not wasting my time with U2.com or Ticketbastard--eBay and TotalTickets all the way. I may pay a fortune, but at least I won't camp out in a parking garage overnight only to get nosebleed seats.

This might be a very stupid question, but... could you get Elevation-tickets from U2.com?! :reject:

Splish splash, I was taking a bath
Long about a Friday night
A rub dub, just relaxing in the tub
Thinking everything was alright

paxetaurora said:
Back when it was FREE, you could sign up to get the presale passwords. :|

The difference is that last time they issued free passwords to everyone and it clogged the system with a non-merit based system of getting tickets thus not allowing any "real" fans to get an inside-track on scalpers. This time everyone will be getting a unique password that will limit them to buying 2 tickets and thus if you pay for the '"privilege" you'll only be competing against others who paid for the "privilege".
The old way guaranteed nothing, this one should "almost" guarantee that you get the tickets you want.

But, it's your $40 investment. I'm hoping that it's done right, I'm just glad that it's been done differently.

BTW, I loved getting tickets through Propaganda. I got great seats during PopMart (8th and 10th row) and I did get my Gold-circle tickets through them during Elevation (even though they were a rip-off) GA all the way on this one! - And Propaganda was paid for, not free, it's just the price tag is higher on U2.com. Maybe too high. :shrug:

It's definitely too high. :| I don't want to pay an extra $40 when that doesn't *guarantee* me the seats I want. And then that's $40 ON TOP of whatever I have to pay to a broker or something anyway.

Like I said, if I go to eBay or a broker, no matter what I pay, at least I'll know what I'm getting.

Hi Tim! :wave:

Well, I hope that living in a small country (not so many ppl wanting to go to concert here) will make it a bit easier to get tickets from U2.com... but, we'll see... :shrug:

Well, at least for the Columbus area....since there is no other Columbus Blue Crackers...I think I've got a good chance there isn't any major diehards floating round these parts. It's Phillie I'm worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom