The Octagon Bar: Hello Hello--The Tour Is Going To Be Called Vertigo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yikes:yikes:
you don't have to go anywhere today do you?
I'm stuck at home with the flu - the actual upper respiratory nasty - not very surprised that I got it considering that I wasn't able to get a flu shot
:huh:

Rebekah, dress like this:

elmo.jpg

i'm sure Bono (and some Interferancers) would tickle you then.

Hey Rebekah! How are you tonight?! Ok, well here it is cut and pasted from my journal:

AMAZING NEWS!!
I realized tonight that I have a bunch of money in a mutual fund that I can dip into for concert going/traveling purposes!!!!!!! I cannot believe that I forgot about this. I think it is potentially irresponsible to liquidate part of a mutual fund to go to rock concerts and travel, but it's not a Roth IRA that you're not supposed to touch and this fund has done nothing but lose money the whole time I've had it. I should've gotten rid of it a long time ago. Hell, you only live once, right?

I WILL NOT HAVE TO BORROW MONEY FROM THE PARENTAL UNITS OR TAKE OUT A LOAN!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOO!! And I can even not get a job this semester and be okay now!

Now, where to fly to for a show?

that is great news - I'm going to get my tax refund early and instead of investing this year well.....its all about u2 concerts:reject: ....and I really feel no remorse on this one:D

yeah it is....I saved every penny of babysitting money growing up :ohmy: I won't take out all of it though, just a bit probably.

So it's not bad you don't think, right?

My mom didn't sound thrilled at the idea; understandable and she still doesn't completely understand the obsession....

I mean, we're allowed to blow tons on money this year since they tour so infrequently, right?!?! :wink:

starsgoblue said:
Lauren, nobody outside the realm of U2Fandom is going to understand. If you can do it, you definetly should....

:laugh: very true....no one understands but you guys! Even though I keep trying to make them understand....:laugh:

I completely understand
this coming from a person who is about to blow her tax refund on u2 related expenses
It is not like it happens every year.....

yeah, ok I knew I'd get some reassurance from you guys on this one! :wink:

I am just thinking how many more times will I get to see them in my life....:reject: Gotta take advantage as much as is humanly possible! :up:

When do people usually get thier refunds? I'm clueless....

Now I've heard some sales will be staggered...have we heard anything else? I hope this is true, as of now I only have bout $350 for tickets and whatnot...:sigh:

I haven't heard much else besides that the 10 am is the 10 am in whatever venue you're trying to get, so it might not be 10 am if you're planning to go a show in a different time zone....all I know is I will get getting 0 hours of sleep Monday night trying to price flights and deciding where the hell to go....:huh:

If you have your w2 form etc. you can do the rapid refund thingy at a tax place (that is what I generally do)

hey ?....if you can't score your two GA tickets in the presale on Tuesday, will you buy 2 other tickets just to be safe and sell them if you can later get GA, or will you not buy anything and just try again on Saturday?

I can see myself panicking if I don't come up with GA and just buying something else random....:(

lauren430 said:
I haven't heard much else besides that the 10 am is the 10 am in whatever venue you're trying to get, so it might not be 10 am if you're planning to go a show in a different time zone....all I know is I will get getting 0 hours of sleep Monday night trying to price flights and deciding where the hell to go....:huh:

Me too
starting to get panicky already:crazy:
Once I get the tickets I can start planning everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom