The Octagon Bar: Hello Hello--The Tour Is Going To Be Called Vertigo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chizip said:
see the girl in the pink just to my left? she is my friend. she let some girl behind her get front row for a couple songs, bono then kissed that girls hand and sang right to her

my friend is an idiot, it could have been her

I am usually very sharing...I wouldn't be with a front row spot at U2 though...lol

I've been to bizillion concerts but never front row...that's why it's muy importante to me this tour.

nice, if they ever come to st louis and you decide to come and need a place to stay i have a couple extra bedrooms

id try not to be too weird

starsgoblue said:

I am usually very sharing...I wouldn't be with a front row spot at U2 though...lol

I've been to bizillion concerts but never front row...that's why it's muy importante to me this tour.

i got to hold bonos leg when he was standing out into the crowd

he has a very nice leg

I'm in Columbus. Really only 7 hours? That's less than it takes to get to Phillie. :hmm:

Likewise you're invited to Cbus. I'm going to be going to the Cbus concert alone :)sigh: ) . But it could be fun...there's a town next to Columbus that's "Irish", it's called Dublin (lol)...but there is a great real deal Irish pub there. :yes:

nice, i probably would go to a columbus show, i have a friend that is at dental school at ohio st

also, its only 39 bucks to fly southwest each way

that could be cheaper than paying for gas

and youre never alone when you go to a u2 concert, i went to a few elevation concerts alone last time, but you make lots of friends waiting in line for ga

well, the later the tour went last time the earlier people started lining up

i remember i went to a show in indianapolis very early in the tour, i lined up at 9am the day of the show and i was like 15th in line

i went to a chicago show on the next leg, i lined up at 2am the night before and was in the 60's

yeah i slept out in the freezing cold and rain for that chicago show, my clothes were wet the whole next day

but it was worth it

thats the show the pic in my gallery is from

I just poured Guinness number two...(crosses fingers)...although my tolerance is too dang high....It's not in pro form like it was for the birthday shot two years ago, which is a good thing...that was just scary.

*just been checking out flights from scotland to philadelphia*

:yes:

it's going to be difficult getting (appropriate) friends to chum me to a U2 concert over here. on the elevation tour i went with my girlfriend to the shows and on previous tours i went with friends from my old town that i have, through the years, lost contact with since moving to the city. i have a suspicion i'll be going on my own....although i'd prefer that than drag along a friend (my friends all hate U2) who will not get excited about the whole thing. however, i hate going to concerts on my own because i'll be stood around like a spare part while others are having fun with their friends before and after the show.

british people tend to think you're some kind of loser if you're there on your own so you end up looking like the weirdo if you try to make conversation. maybe i'm just a little bit paranoid.

i kind of get jelous when i hear all you american fans wanting to meet up with each other and stuff.....there doesn't seem to be any of that going on over here. i reckon going to the US just to see one show, the atmosphere would be buzzing for the couple of days around the show and it would be a great time. i've had look at prices for flights ($600, roughly converted).

i'm getting to hangover status now :barf:

:wave: Hey Everybody,

I am so pissed.... looks like U2 will NOT be coming to Perth:mad:

This is so annoying:scream: :rant: :grumpy:

I think I am going to be drinking a lot tonight:angry:

for a country as huge as Australia (probably as big or bigger than the whole of Europe) it's a shame they can't go to the west. guess the excuse they'd use would be 'logistics'. anyway, they haven't announced the tour just yet, you might be up for a surprise.....fingers crossed for you.

Nah, they probably won't come. The last concert here, the POP Mart tour was probably one of the smallest they did (about 10 000 people if that).

It's just going to be the cost of airfares and all the other "logistics" for me.

Thanks Stars, if I had the mulla, I would be on a plane in a jiffy to see them in the US and then duck over to the UK to see them in Ireland. Ah well, I can dream....

that was U2's SYCMIOYO performance on CD:UK just aired....

geez, that song gets me everytime.

I know exactly what you mean:

That bit "I don't need... I don't need to hear you say that if we weren't so alike you'd like me a whole lot more.." Makes me want to weep.

have you seen the TOTPs version, aired last week? Bono's chin quivering while he sang that line - you can't fake emotion like it. it doesn't make me want to weep it actually does make me weep. been a fan of this band for twenty-odd years and never have they written a song to get me in such a state.

:censored: A cockroach just flew in the window and crawled up my leg :mad: Could this day get any better??? I wish I could kill things sometimes....

Yeah, I saw the TOTP version (thank goodness for the Net or we wouldn't see anything over here). Knowing the background to the song and being a fan for so long (me too, 20 whatever years) makes it so poignant.

My first time in a bar....are under 18's allowed here ;)

I think there is still hope for Perth to see U2 next year.
If not, i've a free place to stay if you want to come to melbourne.
(the house will probabley be packed with at least 2 U2 fans already!)

I'll stay at my grandfathers place, which is about 30 mins for the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom