The Octagon Bar: Heimili af Víkingur, friður ritgerð, og the fágun kvenmaður á Jörð

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TimTams.gif

This is the best I could find...

Now I'm hungry :mad: :lol:

(inspired by Lauren!)

Gas: $30
Cheez-Its: $0.69
Dinner: $11 ($9 plus tip)
Tolls: $6 for Goethals Bridge + $9 for Verrazano + $3 (roughly) total for NJ Turnpike + $0.75 for Delaware Water Gap (return to Pennsylvania)=$18.75

Picking up Ewen at the airport: Priceless.

All kinds of exciting things to look forwarad to!! :hyper: :hyper:

And I LOVE spring!!! Although here in Georgia it pretty much goes winter-2 weeks spring-summer...It's already in the 80's this week :crazy:

Tania said:

So, waddaya wanna see when you come over? :wink:

firstly this thing....

sun-on-horizon.jpg

I've been told it's called the sun (spelling??)

and then....

perth-beach-people.jpg

:yes:

sorry about the image size folks

Last edited:
Tania said:
TimTams.gif

This is the best I could find...

Now I'm hungry :mad: :lol:

** Strolls into bar, steps over the piles of :kiss:es that Ewen and Pax leave for one another everywhere and filches a Tim Tam from the counter **

Hello gang :wave: Time flies when I'm having fun or working hard :mad: which is how last week was. But in 2 short days, Tara and I will be seeing U2 for the first time this tour! :hyper: It will be Tara's first show ever.

** :hmm: Wonders if Tara would like a Chocolate biscuit with part of my moniker on it **

:rolleyes: If it involves chocolate and my name... :mac:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Hi Ewen. :wave:

Thanks for the help. :)

the avatar? that's quite ok. didn't know if you wanted the whole thing or just his face. i do now though. :)

pax said:
Look, it's Ewen and me in Australia.

tsk, and you a multi-medal winning English major too! :no: :wink:

oh, just a thought....we could go see where that amazing Australian band Big Country grew up! :wink: :lol:

you know, the band that's more Scottish than a bagpipe-playing haggis wearing a kilt. :wink:

sorry! :)

Last edited:
:madspit: SINCE I'm using "Ewen and me" as a direct object in that sentence (the direct object of the verb "is", as in "It is"), it's actually correct to use "me" rather than "I." If I were to say "Ewen and I are going to Australia," then "Ewen and I" is the compound subject, rather than the direct object, and so "I" rather than "me" is correct.

So there. :wink:

Boy, you sure are having fun taking the piss out of a very tired girl this morning. ;)

The woman I work with who's from New York was fresh out of ideas as to alternative routes to the airport, but she did offer to give me her EZPass tag so I can breeze right through the tollbooths. I guess it electronically tracks your tolls somehow, and then you pay it every month.

Last edited:
pax said:
:madspit: SINCE I'm using "Ewen and me" as a direct object in that sentence (the direct object of the verb "is", as in "It is"), it's actually correct to use "me" rather than "I." If I were to say "Ewen and I are going to Australia," then "Ewen and I" is the compound subject, rather than the direct object, and so "I" rather than "me" is correct.

So there. :wink:

Boy, you sure are having fun taking the piss out of a very tired girl this morning. ;)

you love it!

anyway, that's me told! :reject: :wink: now that you say it, it does seem to sound correct. blah. lol

The woman I work with who's from New York was fresh out of ideas as to alternative routes to the airport, but she did offer to give me her EZPass tag so I can breeze right through the tollbooths. I guess it electronically tracks your tolls somehow, and then you pay it every month.

that's cool, but you'd still have to pay right? i mean it's not like a pass which she's offering to give you - you know, like you pay x amount of $ for unlimited toll pass. I guess it's just something that, as you said, that allows you to pass without stopping and then she gets a bill at the end of the month or whatever. if i'm making any sense.

starsgoblue said:
:strolls into the bar and immediatley a shower of shamrock confetti pours from the ceiling:

:wave: Hey all!

Neat trick! :up: Now you just have to come up with theme music that plays when you walk in the room. :yes:

Just like in the movies, you walk in and cue cool music... Darth Vader had the imperial March, maybe you can come up with something that is uniquely you and then when you walk in you hear strains of Mysterious Ways while confetti is coming down.

I've always wanted theme music. I'll think about that one for a bit... :hmm:

** Plants self on couch and takes a few advil to make my head whole again **

Funny thought:

Family Guy episode where Peter wishes that he has his own theme music

:lmao:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Ja, I wanted the guitar in there. :)

That my favorite pic I took, with my favorite Edge guitar. :love:

OK, I'm cheered up for now. *works hard to maintain last remaining glows from concert*

that's YOUR photo? WOW, I'm impressed. I had photo passes on previous tours (Zooropa and Popmart), a real decent Nikon camera, lenses and HQ film but I don't think any of my photos turned out as good as that. superb April. :up:

ewen said:

you love it!

anyway, that's me told! :reject: :wink: now that you say it, it does seem to sound correct. blah. lol

that's cool, but you'd still have to pay right? i mean it's not like a pass which she's offering to give you - you know, like you pay x amount of $ for unlimited toll pass. I guess it's just something that, as you said, that allows you to pass without stopping and then she gets a bill at the end of the month or whatever. if i'm making any sense.

:yes: It would just save me a few minutes waiting in line at tollbooths. I'd pay her back, obviously! Just that with the length of the drive, even just saving 5 minutes at a couple of tollbooths (and possibly longer at huge ones like the George Washington Bridge or something) could add up to maybe half an hour.

:kiss: Yep, I'm a grammar genius, but I have no idea how to check my tire pressure.

:: squeezes a tire ::

Feels good to go!

pax said:

Yep, I'm a grammar genius, but I have no idea how to check my tire pressure.

you mean "tyre" :madspit:

:whistle: <--- cool, where did this fella come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom