The Octagon Bar: Heimili af Víkingur, friður ritgerð, og the fágun kvenmaður á Jörð

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hug: :kiss:

Amazing what you did yesterday, really proud of you. I don't want to sound patronising, or whatever, by saying that but I know I'VE never done such a long drive as that. I also know you were a little scared of drving in NYC. Hope you had a good sleep and feeling rested today.

:heart:

as Pax so quite rightly pointed out, after her journey, if i had done the same over here then I'd probably have ran out of country! :lmao:

i.e. Scotland = tiny

that's not saying i've spent any less time driving :mad: once was stuck in my car, crawling through a snow storm - coincidentaly driving to get in line for U2 tickets of all things. If I remember that took over 9 hours. but on a good day, i think i'd end up in the Atlantic if I drove constantly for 4 hours - unless I dared venture south of the border.

Ewen, it's a really good thing you're not flying in during the snowy season. :crack:

Imagine me trying to make that drive in the snow.

Better yet, don't. :wink:

It takes approximately 2 days to leave WA heading east...... (and that's driving for about 12 hours each day...)

My Aunt and Uncle came to Perth for two weeks and I took them up to Exmouth and back.

They refused to get back in the car when we got home:lol:

So, waddaya wanna see when you come over? :wink:

Ewen, one of my favourite places is Arran (sp?) Island. Spent three days there and it was absolutely fantastic. I love the wildness of Scotland:drool:

Tania said:
It takes approximately 2 days to leave WA heading east...... (and that's driving for about 12 hours each day...)

My Aunt and Uncle came to Perth for two weeks and I took them up to Exmouth and back.

They refused to get back in the car when we got home:lol:

So, waddaya wanna see when you come over? :wink:

LOL, maybe I ought not complain. :wink:

:hug: Four hours each way is a long time. You did a good job!

Just remember to drive on the other side of the road in 194 days:wink:

Tania said:
Ewen, one of my favourite places is Arran (sp?) Island. Spent three days there and it was absolutely fantastic. I love the wildness of Scotland:drool:

i've never been to Arran :reject:

i know a guy that takes his family there every year camping (behave Pax!).

i am making plans to go over to the Western Isles for a couple of days with Pax, hire a couple of bikes (weather permitting) once we're there.

harris-loc.gif

fyi - the purple thingy is the Isles of Harris and Lewis, part of the Western Isles, where I'm thinking of flying with Pax to for a couple of days.

Last edited:
:cute:

It's another really lovely day here. I think we're supposed to get rain tomorrow, though. Hope we don't get *too* much rain while you're here, Ewen, although I suppose that'll just make it feel more like home. :wink:

I suppose we'll be having the morning walk shortly, and I think I'll go out. It seems too nice to stay in.

I e-mailed a woman I work with who's from Brooklyn to get some tips on shortening up that drive and avoiding the Goethals Bridge...and I got some good ideas from Headache, too. :up:

pax said:

I e-mailed a woman I work with who's from Brooklyn to get some tips on shortening up that drive...

would it not be easier to go up to her desk and ask her since you work with her?

:lol:

:wink:

Awwwww, April. :hug:

Someday, girl, I don't know when
We're gonna get to that place where we really wanna go
and we'll walk in the sun
BUT TILL THEN...

my friends are greedy bastards!!! :mad:

last friday pax, you know when Jason and Tom were here? I've just noticed 5 minutes ago that they helped themselves to the Penguin biscuits I bought for you. I really want to punch their faces in!!! People just don't have any f-ing manners.

ewen said:
my friends are greedy bastards!!! :mad:

last friday pax, you know when Jason and Tom were here? I've just noticed 5 minutes ago that they helped themselves to the Penguin biscuits I bought for you. I really want to punch their faces in!!! People just don't have any f-ing manners.

:angry:

I want my biscuits!

(biscuit)

:sexywink:

Tim Tams are Australia’s favourite chocolate biscuit. Around 30 million packs are sold each year - that’s nearly 300 million biscuits, or two packs for every Australian.

There are eight delicious varieties of Tim Tams: Original, Chewy Caramel, Mocha, Double Coat and Classic Dark Chocolate, Special Edition Tim Tam Hazelnut, Limited Edition White Chocolate and new Special Edition Chewy Choc Fudge.

Tim Tams were first launched in 1963. They were named after a horse that ran in the Kentucky Derby in 1958. A member of the Arnott family, Ross Arnott, attended the race day and decided ‘Tim Tam’ was the perfect name for the new biscuit he was about to launch.

The chocolate used to make Tim Tams has been specially developed by Arnott’s to give a slightly caramel taste. The cream flavour is a delicate mixture of vanilla, butter and chocolate that complements the biscuit base and the chocolate. It’s this unique cream which sets Tim Tam apart from any other chocolate biscuit.

Photo to follow.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom