The Octagon Bar: Get a Room!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bono has a cold, I very willingly voulenteer to bring him whatever pharmaceuticals he might need... :angel:

starsgoblue said:
It wasn't a degrogatory mark to a fellow poster....just basically saying that the only thing Africa has contributed in the past 100 years is AIDS and to hell with them :| I was literally nauseauted...

**Rolls up sleves**

**Getting ready to :rant:**

Right, 'cause there haven't been any great African religious leaders (Desmond Tutu) or political leaders (Nelson Mandela) or artists or musicians or anything in the last century. :rolleyes:

Is a mod on that thread? I'll swing by and give whoever it is a piece of my mind. :mad:

PM sent pax...

It just makes me so angry. What makes me even more angry is when I open my mouth bout this stuff....Africa isn't just important because of Bono....Extreme poverty is just senseless, whereever it is. I've volunteered in places of extreme poverty--seeing children sleeping in gutters in India is something I should have never had to see and it kills me when people clearly have never considered the liberty they have in not having to pay to take a crap....

[/end rant]

starsgoblue said:
Yeah, to say I was angry is putting it mildly Merc. :hug:

I can understand that very well! :hug:

Some people just make me wanna ---> :banghead:

starsgoblue said:
Right, 'cause there haven't been any great African religious leaders (Desmond Tutu) or political leaders (Nelson Mandela) or artists or musicians or anything in the last century

[showing off] I've shaked hands with Desmond Tutu! :yes: :D [/showing off]

Last edited:
*jumps on the mexico soapbox*

Ive been to the poorest of the poor places there and the people have so much more spirit and kindness than you would find in most places

Although the teenage boys are a bit of a treat :grumpy: :lol:
There are pregnant women there that spend 12 hours a day bent over a gardening tool in hard dirt because thats the only way her family can buy food

[/endrant]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom