The Octagon Bar: Get a Room!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:: dusts off the hammock ::

Hmmmm, haven't been here for a while... :flirt:

:: arranges throw pillows just so, climbs in with tartan Hello Kitty...leaves enough room for some, um, company ::

MASSIVE SPOILERS CONTAINED HEREIN:

You know, it was a great show...but I have to say that if U2 does ever tour again (LOL), I won't see shows on the same leg again. The setlist was very similar to Philly I, and of course the many "surprises" were lost on me because I'd seen most of them last week. I was glad to have gone with Meghan, though, because she'd not seen them this time around yet. We squealed and jumped up and down and hugged like two little girls seeing the Beatles when "City of Blinding Lights" started.

That said, I was psyched that we got "Gloria" and "With or Without You." But I don't think a lot of folks in the crowd knew "Gloria"--I think more knew "Electric Co." and "An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart" last week. Bono's speeches were shorter. He definitely cut the "Jesus/Jew/Mohammed" thing and the "Father Abraham" thing down.

The girl he pulled up for "Mysterious Ways" and "With or Without You" seemed positively giddy when she got to run around the ellipse, and she, like the other Philly girl, seemed quite satisfied with a chaste hug from Bono...although she got to stay up on stage for WOWY, and I admit, THAT must have been pretty cool. :up:

Yeah, it was worth it. :)

("Miracle Drug" would have been cooler with Ewen there, but...) :wink:

pax said:
The girl he pulled up for "Mysterious Ways" and "With or Without You" seemed positively giddy when she got to run around the ellipse, and she, like the other Philly girl, seemed quite satisfied with a chaste hug from Bono...although she got to stay up on stage for WOWY, and I admit, THAT must have been pretty cool. :up:

Lucky girl. :drool: I'm so jealous you got WOWY... The last time I heard that one live was May, 2001. Maybe in October. :D

I'm kind of with you on the more than one show per leg, since all three of my shows had COBL as the opener. I was really hoping for LAPOE to open in Philly, since we had such a great spot where they would have walked right past us, but it was still an awesome show regardless. :up:

:sigh:

The project I'd been working on for almost three months got sent to another department for review, and I was clicking through some of the comments from the review...there are 23 pages of comments, none of which are nice, and many of which were made in a bitchy tone; i.e. "This is the last time I'm going to make this comment," "This SHOULD NOT be happening," etc.

The worst part is that a lot of the problems aren't even my fault--they're technical problems that IT is going to have to resolve, not me. But it's still very discouraging, seeing all the nasty feedback and nothing nice.

:(

My boss told me I did a good job with it in my 90-day review the other day, though. That's something.

*Walks in, throws her work shirt on the floor and sits on the couch with her laptop*

*notices talk about bono's dancing girls and stops*
:eyebrow:
She got to be up for WOWY? :rant:
AND she was satisfied with a chaste hug? :scratch:
I wouldnt be so easily pleased :sexywink:

:( sorry about your work probs abby...but thats a really cute pic of you and ewen :D

**Comes into the bar after shopping**

Just checking to see how everybody is doing before I go out and make some dinner... :D

Abby! :hug: Sorry to hear 'bout all the bad comments on your project, but :up: to all the good comments you got at your review - remember them! :yes:

Demmy! :shame: The future President of the U.S of A is having a skip day? :eyebrow: I'm very disappointed... :tsk:

:wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
How is everyone?

Trying not to get sick :| - I have a visit at the childrens intensive care unit on wednesday and I am NOT going to miss that! :grumpy:

How are you doing April? :D Besides your yoghurt problems? :wink:

Hi Tara! :wave:

Well, I'm going into the kitchen to make some dinner...

Later 'Goners! :wave:

:wave: to Merc and everyone

I decided to do some housekeeping at work, like filing at least a month's worth of paper and deleting e-mail that's been sitting around since I was hired here. :crack:

Merc said:

Trying not to get sick :| - I have a visit at the childrens intensive care unit on wednesday and I am NOT going to miss that! :grumpy:

How are you doing April? :D Besides your yoghurt problems? :wink:

Hi Tara! :wave:

Oh, no... I hope you don't get sick! :( I've had a bad cold the past week that's thankfully just starting to go away.

I'm pretty great despite all of that. :up:

Back to work here.... :sigh: October is TOO damn far away. :grumpy:

**Comes into the bar from the kitchen - shouting...**

This is Gloria! G-L-O-R-I-A!!! :hyper:

Oh, hello there... :shifty: :reject:

Hola everybody. :)

*Brings in an extra case of Red Bull*

Looks like we were running low, and it was just filled up in the morning! ;)

:cute: at Ewen's avatar. :D

:lol: at Octagoner Bobbleheads. Collect em all! :up:

Ewen's avatar makes me :). I think he's finally de-jet lagging himself today; he stayed up all night last night, poor thing. He was supposed to be hanging out with some friends today, which I think is why he's not been around.

:: keeps the hammock warm ::

Hi Adam! :wave:

You've got a new avatar I see... :eyebrow: :sexywink:

Diemen said:

:lol: at Octagoner Bobbleheads. Collect em all! :up:

That could be a new bar title you know! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom