The Octagon Bar - Fancy Dress essential (hoses optional)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave:

I need to go turn in this paper but it's in another building and it is VERY cold out (it's Georgia; it's not supposed to be cold here) :mad:

ewen said:
Hi Digsy,

that would be cool getting a group of us to meetup for Dublin. still no idea if we are still only allowed to buy tickets for one show. i might subscribe for another u2.com membership.

I have 4!!!!
i had it all planned out - tix for twickenham one night, more tix the next night, tix for dublin and tix for DC

but now thats all up in the air - the second night twickenham is not up for sale and i dont know if my membership will carry to the 3rd leg for the DC shows (although i should hope so)

so i dunno what to do :shrug:

but yeah, dublin would be cool, i'm a big fan on the real Octagon bar, spend about 3 hours a day in there whenever i go to dublin :lol:
we should def all meet up

have to go folks, be back later (half an hour probably, lol)

cya :wave:

bye :wave:

Wow, car doors won't open, well I suppose I can't complain then.

But wait, yes I can, you have school cancelled today and here I am and I have to stay here until 11 pm :sad: :mad:

wow you're really lucky :up:

Ok, I'm going to go turn in this paper and get it over with :huh:

be back in a few

ewen said:
yeah tim, i only paid for one subscription because i thought it would be like the Propaganda days where we could buy tickets for two shows - but i don't want to bring all that up again, think people have already discussed all that in other threads. the thing that gets me wondering though is in the faqa at u2.com they say you can buy up to 8 tickets which gives me the sneeking suspicion that we'll will actually be able to buy tickets for more than one show with a single u2.com membership - i mean it makes better business sense for U2.com to do that because really how many people are going to want 8 tickets for one show - that's just asking for u2 fans to buy tickets in order to scalp/tout.

Found this on U2.com http://u2.com/tourinfo/

/We have secured a limited number of these advance-sale tickets for U2.Com Subscribers. They will be able to buy 2 tickets for a seated venue (USA) and 4 tickets for an outdoor show (Europe).

The 8 ticket limit does not apply to the presale. It's only for Ticketmaster general sales

ugh - tomorrow is going to be stressful to say he least. I'm debating about a European show right now. But right now I'm concentrating on getting SD and Chicago :crazy:

I just found out the the Navy Seals are based out of San Diego:hmm:

Can I make another suggestion? Get your user ID for Ticketmaster today before the chaos starts. and log in prior to the sale time to activate your cookies. It should make paying for it simpler.

** Acts all nonchalant, whilst my stomach is starting to get a wee bit excited by the coming storm **

22 hours 39 minutes until GO time! :D :dance:

This should be breezy, Saturday might just suck if you still need tickets!

Tim I wonder if they are just in the process of putting the dates up - I only saw 4 venues

:huh:

Edited to add - Tim I've already done a dry run/added the credit card......I am so a nerd when it comes to these things

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:
Tim I wonder if they are just in the process of putting the dates up - I only saw 4 venues

:huh:

Edited to add - Tim I've already done a dry run/added the credit card......I am so a nerd when it comes to these things

:applaud: Aww Chrissi, a nerd after my own :heart:

They must be in the process of adding them :yes: I honestly think we'll be fine during the presale. What made everything chaotic last time was that anyone with an email address could get into the presale. It only rewarded the informed, not those willing to put their money where their :heart: is.

digsy said:

I have 4!!!!
i had it all planned out - tix for twickenham one night, more tix the next night, tix for dublin and tix for DC

but now thats all up in the air - the second night twickenham is not up for sale and i dont know if my membership will carry to the 3rd leg for the DC shows (although i should hope so)

so i dunno what to do :shrug:

but yeah, dublin would be cool, i'm a big fan on the real Octagon bar, spend about 3 hours a day in there whenever i go to dublin :lol:
we should def all meet up

Can you bring back one of those snazzy beer mats for me? :flirt: :hyper:

:applaud: My website is linked in U2log.com's Departures for my SYCMIOYO video http://u2log.com/departures :)

Last edited:
little blurb from a MTV press release

The band's manager, Paul McGuinness, said, "Now that all the logistics are worked out, the band are really looking forward to getting on the road. I've heard the new songs in rehearsal and they sound really great, and the new production is going to blow everyone away."

The band had originally intended to announce the dates on January 10, but begged off citing routing issues (see "U2 Postpone Announcing Dates For World Tour").

— Gil Kaufman
:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom