The Octagon Bar - Fancy Dress essential (hoses optional)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elvis Costello did something similar to a friend of mine (we were in the front row), a couple of years back (much more sedate concert though).

enajh2 said:
Digsy is in this lot somewhere! 1 in about 66,000!! :lol:

I took the following caps during Snow Patrol - Run....

PDVD_002.jpg

PDVD_005.jpg

hey alan

if you can get a bigger pic of these 2 i could probably point myself out to you (or approximate):yes:
was the most AMAZING concert:):):):)

Last edited:
well, i have to plan a very expensive trip to Philadelphia for the best preshow party with the best fans for the best tour by the best band followed by the best after show party. if i know i can get a ticket then i'll go for it....whether i need to beg, steal or borrow the money.

Has everyone calmed down? Or is everyone just exhausted from the hyperventilation that ensued last night :lol:

** Pours morning coffee and sits on the wonderful red and black leather couches **

Oh, it's not like I'm immune to worry here, but I do think it's funny reading back over the last 40 pages of posts and bar talk.

It's disappointing that they haven't released all the potential dates and given us more of a choice of shows, but everything will be revealed in time.

I guess the real panic begins tomorrow at 10! :yawn:

Hi tim :up:

how are you mate?

i'm not panicing much about tickets, pretty confident of getting ga tickets for Glasgow Scotland. However I am seriously considering a trip across the pond to go see them at Philadelphia....if anyone can help me on that matter.

The only potential dates that I know are definate potentials are three extra Croke park dates.

U2democrat said:
Tim if they go to DC I'll be there!

They'll do it! Wait until the fall :yes:

They sold out two shows at RFK in 1992, they played RFK in 1997 and then they played MCI twice in 2001 and another show in Baltimore later.
They'll definitely make plans for a show or two.

I don't know if they're holding back on annoucing multiple dates in these cities because they are uncertain about the concert market or if it's related to health issues with the families of the band :shrug:
If it's a marketing move, then expect an announcement next Monday for more shows added to the cities already on the schedule.

** Flips through the internet looking for more clues about concerts **

hey everyone :wave:

tim - i still dont know if i should hold a membership back for DC??
think i'm gonna bite teh bullet and phone fanfire when i get home tonight to see if they can shep any light on whether i'd be able to use the membership later. probably wasting my time bu they it worth a shot!

if ticket prices are what i think thye'll be i'm looking at paying £560 with what i've got planned already - sure i'll get some cash back from my mates but thats still a shed load of money to part with on one day and i dont know if i want to throw another £180+ into the mix using that last membership!!!

so so so very broke!!!

ewen said:

how are you mate?

i'm not panicing much about tickets, pretty confident of getting ga tickets for Glasgow Scotland. However I am seriously considering a trip across the pond to go see them at Philadelphia....if anyone can help me on that matter.

The only potential dates that I know are definate potentials are three extra Croke park dates.

ewen, you should join me later in the year. i'm going to dublin as well and a trip across the pond to DC for the 3rd leg!

I feel gutted for Tania who like myself has been following the band for 20+ years. People forget how vast in size Australia actually is and I just hope that there is a west coast show for her. to put into context travelling to her nearest show is probably the equivalent of her having to travel from LA to Houston.

ewen said:

how are you mate?

Hey Ewen! I'm doing good :yes: Thanks for being a gentleman when Tara decided to strip in the bar :madspit: :wink: I appreciated that.

It wouldn't be too late to get one more u2.com account and thus securing two seats to Philly during the presale. I think it's worth the $40 investment. I don't know how purchasing will be handled internationally, so maybe you need to get an advocate here in the states. Don't know... you'll have to find someone willing to help you out over here. Maybe you can partner with someone who is low on cash, but lives here...
I'm going to have my hands full tomorrow, :reject: I have 4 memberships so that I don't have to put up with the masses at ticketmaster...

** Pours another cup of coffee... **

Good luck!

Hi Digsy,

that would be cool getting a group of us to meetup for Dublin. still no idea if we are still only allowed to buy tickets for one show. i might subscribe for another u2.com membership.

digsy said:
hey everyone :wave:

tim - i still dont know if i should hold a membership back for DC??
think i'm gonna bite teh bullet and phone fanfire when i get home tonight to see if they can shep any light on whether i'd be able to use the membership later. probably wasting my time bu they it worth a shot!

if ticket prices are what i think thye'll be i'm looking at paying £560 with what i've got planned already - sure i'll get some cash back from my mates but thats still a shed load of money to part with on one day and i dont know if i want to throw another £180+ into the mix using that last membership!!!

so so so very broke!!!

It's hard decision to be sure, which is why I have a credit card with a high limit :lmao:

Let me know how the fanfire conversation goes, I'd be interested to know if they have any insight on these matters.

hey all!

So we might have another one of us in Philly; Ewen?!! I hope so!!

I might, MIGHT have an extra ticket if my friend cannot go, but I won't know until probably the last minute.....so that doesn't help you much...

yeah tim, i only paid for one subscription because i thought it would be like the Propaganda days where we could buy tickets for two shows - but i don't want to bring all that up again, think people have already discussed all that in other threads. the thing that gets me wondering though is in the faqa at u2.com they say you can buy up to 8 tickets which gives me the sneeking suspicion that we'll will actually be able to buy tickets for more than one show with a single u2.com membership - i mean it makes better business sense for U2.com to do that because really how many people are going to want 8 tickets for one show - that's just asking for u2 fans to buy tickets in order to scalp/tout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom