The Octagon Bar: Distributing Glaciers Where and When They're Most Needed - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-27-2005, 07:48 AM   #151
Refugee
 
Techie2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The United States of America
Posts: 1,171
Local Time: 04:38 AM
Hey L.M.P.A.!

And ewen, I've already done all I could about Mellencamp's butt. I figure if I can't beat 'em, join 'em. Although I did turn off displaying user sigs in my profile anyways...
__________________

__________________
Techie2000 is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:49 AM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,887
Local Time: 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pax


Something else you and Bono have in common, LOL.
I do have that same alergy I'm afraid. My eyes are all puffed up today because of it. If we hadn't kept moving last night then I'd have ended up falling asleep somewhere.



I was horrfied to see cops with machine guns at the airport! I know you may not blink an eyelid in the USA when it comes to guns but here in Scotland it's extremely terrifying. If that's the way we have to live these days, the terrorists have won.
__________________

__________________
ewen is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:50 AM   #153
Refugee
 
Techie2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The United States of America
Posts: 1,171
Local Time: 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat


um have you considered...changing the channel?
Hrmm, no, I didn't think of that. Well I got CNN on now...
__________________
Techie2000 is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:51 AM   #154
pax
ONE
love, blood, life
 
pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ewen's new American home
Posts: 11,412
Local Time: 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ewen



I was horrfied to see cops with machine guns at the airport! I know you may not blink an eyelid in the USA when it comes to guns but here in Scotland it's extremely terrifying. If that's the way we have to live these days, the terrorists have won.
I'd very much blink an eye at machine guns! Good Lord, things aren't that bad over here. Even in JFK and Philadelphia, two very big airports, I've never seen security personnel with machine guns.
__________________
and you hunger for the time
time to heal, desire, time


Join Amnesty.
pax is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:51 AM   #155
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ewen


I do have that same alergy I'm afraid. My eyes are all puffed up today because of it. If we hadn't kept moving last night then I'd have ended up falling asleep somewhere.



I was horrfied to see cops with machine guns at the airport! I know you may not blink an eyelid in the USA when it comes to guns but here in Scotland it's extremely terrifying. If that's the way we have to live these days, the terrorists have won.
the day before the first london bombings we saw soldiers walking around with machine guns in the paris airport....it's still incredibly unnerving. we feel your pain.
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:52 AM   #156
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 03:38 AM
I've seen them before annd it's very unsettling, to say the very least.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:52 AM   #157
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Techie2000
Hrmm, no, I didn't think of that. Well I got CNN on now...
very good excellent channel
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:54 AM   #158
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,887
Local Time: 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pax


I'd very much blink an eye at machine guns! Good Lord, things aren't that bad over here. Even in JFK and Philadelphia, two very big airports, I've never seen security personnel with machine guns.
aye, i know they don't have machine guns. my point is, is that our regular cops don't even have hand guns!
__________________
ewen is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:54 AM   #159
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 08:38 AM


wow. such a difference in culture, that's wonderful.
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:55 AM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,887
Local Time: 03:38 AM
love your avatar, Laura


the obligatory French tourist beret.
__________________
ewen is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:59 AM   #161
pax
ONE
love, blood, life
 
pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ewen's new American home
Posts: 11,412
Local Time: 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ewen


aye, i know they don't have machine guns. my point is, is that our regular cops don't even have hand guns!
I remember you telling me. It's definitely sad.
__________________
and you hunger for the time
time to heal, desire, time


Join Amnesty.
pax is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:59 AM   #162
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 08:38 AM
thanks. i thought people would get a kick out of that.

well i'm off to eat breakfast...i'll be back after a few chores.
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 08:00 AM   #163
Refugee
 
Techie2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The United States of America
Posts: 1,171
Local Time: 04:38 AM
I've seen national guardsmen with MP5s at the airport before. Also seen them at our state capital. Surprisingly I don't recall seeing any in DC. I didn't take the airport, but used Amtrack, and most of the buildings were guarded either by building security, or secret service and they all had pistols, although I'm sure they kept the heavy stuff close by and there were probably some hidden snipers somewhere at the white house.
__________________
Techie2000 is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 08:03 AM   #164
Refugee
 
Techie2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The United States of America
Posts: 1,171
Local Time: 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ewen


aye, i know they don't have machine guns. my point is, is that our regular cops don't even have hand guns!
Wow, even the school resource officer at my high school that I used to go to carried a gun.
__________________
Techie2000 is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 08:26 AM   #165
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Techie2000
Wow, even the school resource officer at my high school that I used to go to carried a gun.

__________________

__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com