The Octagon Bar: Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Bar Tab In Philly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roger Ramjet!! :laugh: Blimey that takes me back a few years!! :lol:

I loved Fraggle Rock! :up: :applaud:

fraggle_rock_characters.gif

Last edited:
yeah i think that was before my time.

ok, so my grandfather is a diabetic and in a nursing home. he was supposed to get 5 shots of insulin. the doctor, what a genius, have him 51 shots and almost killed him. :mad: this is not the first time this type of thing has happened...and if my aunt weren't so dysfunctional we'd sue the damn bastards.

i don't know.....his blood sugar was down in the 30s. we think he's going to die soon anyway because we think he's having a series of mini-strokes. but he did lose his wife of over 60 years in september and his only sister 2 months ago, so he's just wearing out. :sigh:

the scary thing is last month he was hospitalized and the doctors OD'd him on a drug called prednezone (i think that's how you spell it) and he had to be rehabilitated from that. it was a stupid mistake by the doctors. we could have sued, but that would mean dragging my aunt in the middle of this. (she's 56 but has lived with her parents her entire life...only now is she discovering her independence). and now, 51 shots instead of 5 has almost killed him. once again we could easily sue...and we're not the types who would usually do that either. but it's so complicated.

Same thing happened to my Grandad in 2001 (Edit: as in wearing out, not malpractice!). My Nan died the Xmas before. She had an epileptic fit and hit her head. Never came round. My Grandad died 9 months later. Really sad. He kind of just gave up! :sad: They were married for a similar amount of time.

Last edited:
Dem, even if your family doesn't sue. A formal complaint or something should be sent through to the hospital board so that it doesn't keep happening.

enajh2 said:
Not so my Auntie Gladys!! She's 97!! :lol:

Deaf as anything, bless her, but still going and mobile! :D

So, we should count on you being round for a while Alan?:D

starsgoblue said:

I feel old! But look--thery're so cute! Whathisname with that lil hat! :cute:

Edited to say: Realizes she walked in on serious convo...

It just popped in my head before Google loaded..

...I'm ashamed to know this but it's Boober!! :reject: :lol:

Last edited:
*pops into the bar as if by magic*

wow! how did I get here ? :scratch:

mights as well get a beer while Im here. quarter till nine isnt too early for a beer is it?

*pulls a dark, malty brew from tap*

mmmm, I just read about beer and chocolate tasting in the paper this morning.....there IS a God :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom