The Octagon Bar: Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Bar Tab In Philly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:
not much...i'm volunteering at the democratic party of virginia's biggest fundraiser of the year tonight.

What happens at one of these things?

I thought they would have a wee break seeing as you've just re-elected George W.

well people who attend have to pay $150 us per plate!!!!!!!!! i'm volunteering so i go free :D. we have lots of speakers, the keynote being senator joe biden from delaware, who i adore. last year the dinner was 3 days before the virginia primary so we had john kerry, john edwards, al sharpton and wesley clark. it was alot of fun. basically it's a gathering of the rich and powerful.

unfortunately we don't hear enough news from afghanistan. and the only times we hear news from there its most likey "x-number of americans were killed". the media has been driving me crazy in it's lack of coverage of what y'all are doing there.

So Dem, basically a lot of rich people get to eat dinner at Aus$200.00 (approx) and listen to politicians talk, but why now?

it's an annual fundraiser. that and our governor's race is this year. just because the presidential race is over does not mean all other political races are over. there is a constant need for money in the world of politics.

There's the national government and the state governments. Each state is like a mini-version of the national government. It has a governor (like the pres), a lt. governor (like the vice pres), and some form of legislature with representatives from around the state (like congress).

Hmmmm, you actually seem to have less than us!

We have the Federal Government (Senate and House of Reps), State Government and then local government (which are the councils).

Okay, now onto the more serious stuff.... What cartoons are we watching Stars? (just joking Dem:wink: ).

Oh, and don't bother going to see Shark Bait it isn't that good. It's okay but wait for the vid. Spend your money on the Incredibles - a very clever, fun movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom