The Octagon Bar: Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Bar Tab In Philly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
starsgoblue said:

:laugh:

Any girl who has BONO GRL liscense plates is automatically bumped into the "freak" status. :)

My sister had a roommate in college who visited Ireland for the sole purpose of finding Bono . . .

She met Colin Farrel in a bar and asked him where she could find Bono. I guess he was pretty confused.

I made the messy mistake of inviting her and my sister to Wheaton when Bono came on the DATA tour. Cars were chased. Tears were shed.

:lmao:

don't you love it when that kind of thing happens? :wink: that happened to me yesterday when i was in such a good mood leaving school i was blasting vertigo with my windows down and i would shout "HOLA!" whenever i was next to someone :lol:

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:

She met Colin Farrel in a bar and asked him where she could find Bono. I guess he was pretty confused.

I made the messy mistake of inviting her and my sister to Wheaton when Bono came on the DATA tour. Cars were chased. Tears were shed.

I bet he was wondering why she didn't want to sleep with him. :laugh:

I almost cried when I touched the limo as it drove off through the crowd after the concert I was at last tour. :reject:

This year...I am determined. I just, I don't know...I just need to see him up close...know for sure that he's real...he is just an amazing person. He's like my MLK... If that makes any sense. :huh:

Edited to add: Aww is right. :cute:

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:

I bet he was wondering why she didn't want to sleep with him. :laugh:

I almost cried when I touched the limo as it drove off through the crowd after the concert I was at last tour. :reject:

This year...I am determined. I just, I don't know...I just need to see him up close...know for sure that he's real...he is just an amazing person. He's like my MLK... If that makes any sense. :huh:

:yes:
I understand :hug:
People always ask about role models and stuff..I never really had one, that is until Bono (am I weird?)

My roommate was in media resources . . . and he was standing five feet away from Bono. He made sure to rub it in my face.

U2democrat said:
:lmao:

don't you love it when that kind of thing happens? :wink: that happened to me yesterday when i was in such a good mood leaving school i was blasting vertigo with my windows down and i would shout "HOLA!" whenever i was next to someone :lol:

I rock out when I'm in my car. And the day I loaded HTDAAB on my iPod I was blasting City of Blinding Lights at a red light, with the windows rolled down...and this older couple in the car next to me were just staring at me....so I just leaned out of the window and hollered "Oh you look so beautiful tonight !" as I drove off. :coocoo:

starsgoblue said:

his year...I am determined. I just, I don't know...I just need to see him up close...know for sure that he's real...he is just an amazing person. He's like my MLK... If that makes any sense. :huh:

It makes complete sense. I find it weird... when I saw them, I couldn't quite get my head round the fact that they were real - that these four men whose pictures are on my wall and whose music I listen to constantly were so near me. It makes the mind boggle.
I remember my friend and I just wandering the streets of London afterwards saying every minute 'oh my god, we just saw U2' in our own little trancelike state.:coocoo:

i can see it now...it's 10, 12 years from now and i'm in my office in washington....and in walks bono ready to make his case to me for getting my candidate to support and fund 'X'...:faint:

I can remember my heart jumping into my throat watching The Leap on LiveAid...I was young but I could see and understand that desire to somehow reach across the distance and share humanity...

And seeing things like this, just "get me". :heart:
1jrsig

I guess my only true moment of Bono (other than that same Wheaton roommate swiping the American Prayer soundboard for me) was the moment I tried on my orange Popmart Miklis . . .

Actually I looked really stupid and never wore them again :huh:

starsgoblue said:

Nope. Not at all. The man changed my life. Changed my heart.

:hug:

What annoys me is when people say "we" treat him as a god, but I don't, I mean, he's larger than life (and sexy as hell :wink: ), but then he's not, he's just a guy, and he's got such passion, and I dunno...he gives you faith and hope in what a person can do
Ok, shutting up now, enough gushing for one day
:eek:

U2democrat said:
i can see it now...it's 10, 12 years from now and i'm in my office in washington....and in walks bono ready to make his case to me for getting my candidate to support and fund 'X'...:faint:

:lol:
Almost enough to make me want to become a politician.....:wink:

U2democrat said:
That's just the thing though...he IS just a guy, he's not a god, yet we see him doing amazing things for all of humankind.

Better to admire someone like Bono than one of these celebrity figures who seem to be propelled to 'Godlike status' for doing virtually nothing (other than inheriting Daddy's money or acting like a prima donna).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom