The Octagon Bar: City of Blinding Brotherly Love!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
18716Yahweh_2.jpg

More Yahweh. That's April right in front of me taking a picture. :D

18716Yahweh_3-med.jpg

Adam during Yahweh.

18716Yahweh_Larry-med.jpg

Larry plunking away at the keyboard.

18716Adam.jpg

Once again, Mr. Adam Clayton.

18716James_Madison_s_House.jpg

Plaque on the front of James Madison's old home.

18716Independence_Hall_1.jpg

Independence Hall.

18716Liberty_Bell-med.jpg

The Liberty Bell with Independence Hall in the background.

18716The_Kids_at_the_Bell.jpg

Abby, Adam, and yours truly at the Liberty Bell.

Well there you have it! I have a couple others but they're blurry and have hands in front of the subject. Hope you enjoyed! :D

Last edited:
**Runs into the bar**

Philly news! Philly news! :hyper: :giggle:

DaveC said:
18716Ewbbril_2.jpg

The happy couple as well as the ever-so-lovely April in the Airport Bar, waiting for Adam.

:cute:

DaveC said:

:D:up:

Looks like you've been having a really good time! :yes: Yay to Octagon-meetings! :applaud:

**Runs into tour forum to see Aprils pics**

:hyper:

Last edited:
Hey Dave! Great pictures :applaud: It was a treat to meet you guys, sorry we couldn't stay after the show. It ended up being a 3.5 hour drive home with the traffic getting out of the venue. So we rolled into the driveway at about 3 AM and then off to church at 10. :yawn: Then we had a wedding to go to.
It was a kick to finally meet Dave, Rebekah, April, Rebekah's Mom, Diemen (who wouldn't do the eyebrow trick on demand :madspit: :wink:), Headache (who I didn't talk to much but who I hear is very funny), Cydewaze and MsTheEdge (who we got to talk to a lot and I pray that your immigration / wedding plans happen quickly. You seem very happy!)
Hanging out with you all while waiting for the band to drive by :rolleyes: made the sunburn worth it. I did see the B-Man drive by and give us the peace sign, and I got to put some faces to these crazy characters that we so enjoy drinking with. I must say that many of you are more reserved than your writing :D, which is pretty much what I found out about Tara when I met her. She's not always a Bono-perve :hug:
We're sorry we missed seeing the cross-continental happy couple, you two look great in the pic that Dave shared!
Since we were in the stands we didn't have to be at the venue as early, so we left, drove down broad street and took a quick driving tour of the city (the first time for both of us!) and then ended up eating dinner at an Irish Pub near JFK Blvd (or some such name). They were having a U2 after-party there, and were playing U2 live in Sydney while we dined :up:
The show itself was good, and felt short (Time flies...). Being up in the stand gave us a better view of the stage and the cool lighting effects, particularly during Vertigo and Miracle Drug. The acoustics were also much different as we could hear just about everything that Bono said and sang. He's sounding better and better as time goes on.
On the way home we ended up at the same rest stop as Cydewaze and MrsTheEdge and hope we get to see them again when U2 comes around to DC.
For us, the 1st leg has come to close and the next time we see them, we'll be married which will be a special treat. We hope we run into a few of you in the fall. (I think Rebekah has GA's to MSG in November and we'll be there too)
Pax, thanks for organizing to help so many of the out of towners, without your work we wouldn't have gotten to meet our fellow Octagoners. :yes:

Good morning, everyone! :wave:

I just about died last night when I went to bed, even after sleeping for almost six hours after I came home yesterday afternoon. I am downing the Red Bulls today. :drool:

Those are some awesome pics, Dave! :wink: Love the one of Bono. :sexywink: :flirt:

OK, kids, I've gotta do some work, but I'll post the non-show pics here in a few. :)

**Wakes up from her power-nap on the couch as se hears voices in the bar...**

Hi Tim! :wave:

Thanks for sharing your story! :yes::up: Sounds like you had a great time! :D

And will you get the band to Europe, allright! I think you've had them in The States for long enough now... :mad:

:wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
OK, kids, I've gotta do some work, but I'll post the non-show pics here in a few. :)

:camera: :hyper:

Hi April! :wave:

Last edited:
:yawn:s and :wave:s (and a :kiss: to Ewen)

Seems to me I haven't caught up on my sleep from going to bed after 2 a.m. on Sunday and then being woken up by, uh, someone at 6 a.m.

I wonder who that could have been? :whistle:

Hi Pax! :wave:

Like your new avatar! :cute:

pax said:
I wonder who that could have been? :whistle:

Someone who's still suffering from jetlag, perhaps...? :wink:

Merc said:
Hi Pax! :wave:

Like your new avatar! :cute:

He's actually smiling in that picture, which is why I like it. We have more very nice Ewbby pics at home, but I think that's the avatar for the moment.

pax said:
He's actually smiling in that picture, which is why I like it. We have more very nice Ewbby pics at home, but I think that's the avatar for the moment.

I want a avatar like that too... :cute:

:sigh:

75 days, just 75 more days to go... :hyper:

Well, it's shower-time for me now... ( :dance: Going out tonight! :drunk: )

... hope to see some more pics when I get back! :D :wink:

Merc said:

I want a avatar like that too... :cute:

:sigh:

75 days, just 75 more days to go... :hyper:

You'll make it! :hug: I know I can't wait until October. We're reeeeeeeeally hoping Ewen can come back here at Christmas...that's not a done deal yet, but we're going to try to make it happen.

pax said:
You'll make it! :hug: I know I can't wait until October. We're reeeeeeeeally hoping Ewen can come back here at Christmas...that's not a done deal yet, but we're going to try to make it happen.

I don't know... I know I'll be :crack: all day before he arrives, probably :faint: at the station, and :crack: when I wake up again
... but he has been warned :wink: - knowing that I'm not good at handling these kind of situations! :lol:

I can understand why you're looking forward to October - It'll be wonderful! :yes:

... and thanks for the :hug:!

Almost all of the Philly gang
343947%3A723232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2323%3D958%3D967%3D3232958876%3A85nu0mrj

Headache, Rebekah, me, Tim and Tara :cute: and Dave
343947%3A723232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A5%3D884%3DXROQDF%3E2323865636732ot1lsi

:applaud: The Octagoners! :applaud:

It's so great seeing pics of all of you together! :happy: Really, really whish I could've been there! :yes:

Great pics April! :D:up:

Today is the last day I'll be going home for lunch with Ewen for a while. :(

I hope we'll have the chance to do it again around Christmastime. :up:

Okay - going out to party! :dance: :drunk:

Take care everybody! :wave:

*walks in with a mouth full of cheese*

:wave:
Nice pics guys! :up:
Too bad I didnt get to meet the other octagon couple, but I had a blast putting faces with the screen names.
I couldnt think of better people to wait in scorching heat for a little glimpse of Bono with :D
:crack: Ive had waaay too much espresso today....I think I need a good hard liquor to cancel it out :wink:

starsforu2 said:
Headache (who I didn't talk to much but who I hear is very funny)

yea i'm a hoot... who woulda thunk it.

except for when i'm exhausted, dying for a pillow and my friggin key card won't open the door, and the person at the front desk is on the phone for half an hour while i'm near passing out :angry: then, not so much :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom