The Octagon Bar: Been Around the World and Aye yi yi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
**Walks into bar - as doors open 'What's The Frequency, Kenneth?' starts playing**

:dance: :dance: :dance:

:giggle: Sometimes it great to do something very spontane! Like when someone you don't really know knocks on your door and asks if you want to go out, and you just say 'yes' without thinking! :yes:

**Goes up to bar and makes a cup of tea and puts Madrugada on the jukebox**

Listen to Madrugada here!

:D

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Hey Dorthe! :wave:

*strolls over to bar, pours herself some orange juice (with a bit of vodka mixed in, of course)* :wink:

I did it. I caved and bought myself a ticket for The White Stripes. God, I'm a weak bastard. :help: :uhoh:

*goes back to polishing up resume*

Hello April! :wave:

Don't think about that - think about how great the concert will be! :yes: I'm sure it will be worth all the money and more than that too... :D:up:

**Pulls hot tub out of storage room**

5 weeks... :cute:

**Strips down to bikini and jumps into hot tub**

Since LB is very occupied today, I'll need someone else to entertain me...

:hmm:

Perhaps...

DSC00467a.jpg

:wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Oh, I definitely won't be thinking about money when they hit the stage. :combust: :drool:

I just tend to worry too much, especially at times like these! :lol:

Still on your REM high? :sexywink:

I think I'm on a combined "I just saw R.E.M. and will see U2 in 5 weeks"-high right now! :hyper:

:wink:

*wanders in and fixes himself a whisky*

notice the spelling folks?

i'm on a high after something Paxmom said to Pax this morning. :cute:

*goes to the jukebox and puts on All Because Of You*

*goes and checks out Madrugada*

*listening to The Kids Are On High Street*

hey, this is damn good.

ewen said:
*goes and checks out Madrugada*

*listening to The Kids Are On High Street*

hey, this is damn good.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

They were actually warm-up band for R.E.M. in Oslo a few days ago - Michael Stipe came on stage when they'd finished and :applaud:!

Edited to add: "Kids..." have been a big hit up here all spring - played everywhere! :up:

...and, Hello Ewen! :wave:

Ewen, you might want to check out "Majesty" afterwards...

I :heart: that song! :)

ewen said:
i'm on a high after something Paxmom said to Pax this morning. :cute:

That wouldn't be something about a certain Scotsman, now would it...? :sexywink:

lol, yes I had just finished listening to it before I came back here.

i love it.

not just saying that. i'm going to check out more of their stuff. thanks for the recommendation.

listening to Hold On To You

ewen said:
lol, yes I had just finished listening to it before I came back here.

i love it.

not just saying that. i'm going to check out more of their stuff. thanks for the recommendation.

listening to Hold On To You

You're welcome! :yes:

I'd never, ever heard about them before one of my friends took me to a concert a few months ago - and I was really blow away!

If you click on the "E-card by EMI Sweden" and then on "MUSIK" then you can hear some more tracks from their latest album...

It was the intro to "Hard To Come Back" that reminded me of "Spanish Eyes" when I heard it live (not so much the album version) and had never head the song before... I was thinking "Oh, this band is fantastic - and they're playing U2-songs too!" :lol: :reject:

Merc said:

It was the intro to "Hard To Come Back" that reminded me of "Spanish Eyes" when I heard it live (not so much the album version)

*listening*

yup, definately Spanish Eyes going on there. i can imagine hearing it live and thinking they were going to do Spanish Eyes.

ewen said:
*listening*

yup, definately Spanish Eyes going on there. i can imagine hearing it live and thinking they were going to do Spanish Eyes.

Thank you! :) So I'm not that crazy after all... ;)

don't you hate it when your guitar string snaps on a Saturday evening and the shop won't be open until Monday!!!

I've been practising Miracle Drug on the guitar for the last few days and I need that f-ing bottom e-string!!

:banghead:

ewen said:
don't you hate it when your guitar string snaps on a Saturday evening and the shop won't be open until Monday!!!

I've been practising Miracle Drug on the guitar for the last few days and I need that f-ing bottom e-string!!

:rolleyes:
Yeah, that blows
Its convenient to have friends nearby that you can steal guitar stuff from

*listens to music other than U2 blaring from speakers*
gonna have to check this out

ewen said:

Not much of a guitar-player meself :reject:, but...

If I was, yes I'd hate it!

**Hands Ewen the bars extra guitar from backstage**

You know, when you've practised enough, I'd very much like to hear you play 'Miracle Drug' if you have any chance of recording yourself... :yes:

Fortunately I do have plenty of friends that play guitar and they live relatively close by. The problem is is that they're Scottish though (we're mean), so asking for a guitar string is like asking for their first-born.

Merc said:

Not much of a guitar-player meself :reject:, but...

If I was, yes I'd hate it!

**Hands Ewen the bars extra guitar from backstage**

You know, when you've practised enough, I'd very much like to hear you play 'Miracle Drug' if you have any chance of recording yourself... :yes:

I come from the Bono school of guitar playing.

I'm a bassist really but I tinker with the geeeetar from time to time.

ewen said:
I come from the Bono school of guitar playing.

I'm a bassist really but I tinker with the geeeetar from time to time.

:lol:

'Miracle Drug' is just very special to me - and I'd love to hear an acoustic version... :heart:

Actually, 'Crumbs' and 'Miracle Drugs' are "my songs" from HTDAAB... :yes:

**Goes behind bar and makes a cup of tea**

Merc said:

'Miracle Drug' is just very special to me - and I'd love to hear an acoustic version...

I just had that thought myself a few moments ago about how cool an acoustic version would sound.

I don't have an acoustic guitar though at present, I was just practising the with my leccy.

until my fecking guitar string went "badoing" that is! :madspit:

u2bonogirl said:
I love electric guitar but I tinker with acoustic and bass
I lied about knowing how to play bass so I could play in the church band :lmao:
Lead guitar helped me know at least something

That's how I got into my first band. I wasn't good enough to play guitar, or not confident enough in my abilty maybe, so I bought myself a bass and went about it that way. I grew to love plucking away at those four big strings and it's definately my instrument.

ewen said:
I just had that thought myself a few moments ago about how cool an acoustic version would sound.

I don't have an acoustic guitar though at present, I was just practising the with my leccy.

until my fecking guitar string went "badoing" that is! :madspit:

Since I'm planning to get us a stand at Edges b-stage, maybe I should bring a sign anyway...

...in a new and exteded version:

Pharmacists :heart: Miracle Drugs - in a acoustic version, Edge!

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom