The Octagon Bar: Back After a Seven-Hour Absence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Give'r!

Welcome weary travelers!

We've been kicked around the corner, we've been known by different names but it's time to reopen the Octagon Bar!

...Stop in for a coffee or tea in the morning, bring your newspaper and sit in our soft leather couches. For lunch, come in and have a cocktail. Your boss will never know. When work is over, stop in for Happy Hour; you can be assured that your presence will not go unnoticed. Late nights are the best and the most wicked; the patrons are a frisky lot, but always friendly.

The Octagon Bar is located on the first floor of the Clarence Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. U2 are part owners of this magnificent watering hole and we seek to reproduce the camaraderie of a pub, complete with bar fights, dancing girls, and moderators who shut us down when the noise or the post count gets too high.

May I suggest that you order a drink, ask one of the lovelies or one of the gents for a , or perhaps you want to play a song on the jukebox. Share pictures of your kids and yourselves. Don’t be shy--by morning we’ll forget your face anyway.

This is a patron-run bar, so if the bartender is asleep in the back, or cuddled up on the couch with one of the patrons, go and pour a drink for your mate. The drink selection is only limited by your imagination. So dream out loud!

--Tim (starsforu2)

Check out, or add yourself to, the Octagon Map!

*runs in*

Oh thank God. The bar :bow:

Having days off in the middle of the week is not good for me :madspit: I have too much nervous energy.
tim is in Richmond :grumpy:
So why not get totally pissed in the bar while he's gone?
*Grabs a bottle of wine out of the rack and sinks down into the couch to watch zoo tv*

Ah, great... I also hate meetings... too long, nothing gets done.

I am happy to seat in the bar with you while looking at the "Hottest Chicks Around" thread :D

U2democrat said:
:lol:

i enjoy the "sexiest men" thread myself.

Well, I am then counting on you on starting a "Hottest Guy Around" thread after the voting for the Hottest Chick is over... :up:

u2bonogirl said:

:hmm: I havent been there in forever
Ive had enough sexy man walking around me in the house, I dont think I could handle any more :sexywink:

Well... as a very good friend of mine stated... "the fact that you are on a diet does not prevent you from looking at the menu".

:up:

U2@NYC said:

Well... as a very good friend of mine stated... "the fact that you are on a diet does not prevent you from looking at the menu".

Wow, I'm really glad that the Hot Chicks thread has filtered over to the Bar.

Because, you know, we didn't have enough of it in LS already.

Hint, hint, hint.

Sorry :reject: (I was just advertising to get more people to vote).

I thought that the Bar was also part of the Lemonade Stand... :shrug:

But I can talk about some other stuff... like the fact that, instead of working, I am hanging out here... :p

Last edited:
:sigh:
I was actually feeling okay about myself and then I looked through the weigh in thread
Im terrified of getting weighed at the doctors office this month :yikes:
But not as terrified as I am of getting my blood drawn :faint: :barf:
My blood doesnt ever want to come out...they have to send me to the hospital for a special thing (that is very painful! ) to make the blood come out....drop...by....drop

u2bonogirl said:
:sigh:
I was actually feeling okay about myself and then I looked through the weigh in thread
Im terrified of getting weighed at the doctors office this month :yikes:

Tara: you have a guy that loves you and does not care about your weight at all... and, even further, says that you are not fat.

I personally do not know you but, from your pictures, you do not look fat at all.

You are obviously sweet, pretty and good looking enough for someone to marry you in a couple of weeks.

That is all that matters.

U2@NYC said:

Tara: you have a guy that loves you and does not care about your weight at all... and, even further, says that you are not fat.

I personally do not know you but, from your pictures, you do not look fat at all.

You are obviously sweet, pretty and good looking enough for someone to marry you in a couple of weeks.

That is all that matters.

:yes: I know that Im a very lucky girl to have Tim, and I freak out about nothing a lot of the time about my body.
I think the combined stress of it being summer and not liking to show skin, being in a new environment, and having to squeeze into my wedding dress soon is making me a little :coocoo:
And for the record, the last time I checked I was almost 5'6'' and 135 lbs

u2bonogirl said:

I think the combined stress of it being summer and not liking to show skin, being in a new environment, and having to squeeze into my wedding dress soon is making me a little :coocoo:
And for the record, the last time I checked I was almost 5'6'' and 135 lbs

Those are impressive stats :yes:

And I will bet that your fiancee will be so dazzled by you showing up in a wedding dress that the last thing he will care is about your weight...

u2bonogirl said:

having to squeeze into my wedding dress soon

The wedding industry works with the diet industry at sizing wedding dresses 1, 2, or even 3 sizes above "normal" size. If you wear a size 6 regularly, you can expect to have to buy your wedding dress in a 10 or bigger. Or if you buy your wedding dress true to size--i.e. you're a 6 and you buy a size 6 wedding dress--you'll have to diet to get yourself into it.

Sad but true.

Any coincidence that weight-loss campaigns targeted to brides are a multimillion-dollar industry? Not at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom