The Octagon Bar: Back After a Seven-Hour Absence - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2005, 08:59 AM   #31
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:58 AM
And by the way, I'm really not comfortable with this talk of "impressive stats" in the Bar. We have ladies here of all shapes and sizes, all of whom are beautiful (including Tara herself).

People want to come and post here and NOT worry about being judged on their "stats."

You want to do that, go elsewhere.

Join Amnesty.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:01 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by pax

The wedding industry works with the diet industry at sizing wedding dresses 1, 2, or even 3 sizes above "normal" size. If you wear a size 6 regularly, you can expect to have to buy your wedding dress in a 10 or bigger. Or if you buy your wedding dress true to size--i.e. you're a 6 and you buy a size 6 wedding dress--you'll have to diet to get yourself into it.

Sad but true.

Any coincidence that weight-loss campaigns targeted to brides are a multimillion-dollar industry? Not at all.
I TOTALLY believe that because when I was trying on dresses I had to wear anything from a 6 to a 12! I was standing there feeling humiliated because the 8 or the 10 wasnt fitting.
Amazingly enough I fit into the size 6 I picked out and its extremely beautiful
I find it really irritating that these industries are willing to humiliate women though.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:03 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pax
And by the way, I'm really not comfortable with this talk of "impressive stats" in the Bar. We have ladies here of all shapes and sizes, all of whom are beautiful (including Tara herself).
Ok, pax, it clearly seems to me that we are not on the same page today...

I was actually being nice to Tara... I think that she is very pretty and was simply giving her the confidence and telling her that she should not feel fat at all.

I'm sorry, but I think that you keep on considering me too superficial and seem to believe that all I do is complimenting girls on their looks, as if it is all that I care about.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:05 AM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by u2bonogirl

I was actually feeling okay about myself and then I looked through the weigh in thread
Im terrified of getting weighed at the doctors office this month
But not as terrified as I am of getting my blood drawn
My blood doesnt ever want to come out...they have to send me to the hospital for a special thing (that is very painful! ) to make the blood come out....drop...by....drop
Do you have really small veins Tara?

I felt so bad the first time I had to draw blood from someone...though not as bad as the patient herself I assume

Hi everyone Hope newcomers are welcome here
Old 06-07-2005, 09:06 AM   #35
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

You're right. Tara is very pretty, and I appreciate what you're trying to do. But it is really hard to take you seriously when everything I've seen you post about women has to do with their looks.

And yes, calling Tara's stats "impressive," while it was no doubt meant as a compliment, is tough to take for women who don't share those stats.

Join Amnesty.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:10 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie

*wanders in, throws his bar keys on the counter*

Lemonade Stand stooped to an all time low recently. It seems most people are alright with it, I'm not and having no part of it. I haven't posted in here for a few days. Adios folks.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:10 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:58 AM
is the weather scortching hot where everyone else is? i know it is for tara and me.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:11 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by FlyYourKite

Do you have really small veins Tara?

I felt so bad the first time I had to draw blood from someone...not as bad as the patient herself I assume

Hi everyone Hope newcomers are welcome here
My veins are small and my bloodpressure is low. The combo is lethal for getting blood taken.

You all are talking about me

U2@NYC, I appreciate your compliments and I havent taken any of them the wrong way

and Pax, thank you for being a good voice in my head. I need women like you to keep me from sinking into a pit of fat feelyness
One of my issues is I compare myelf to what I used to look like - when I was anorexic.
Believe it or not I looked icky at 110 lbs. It must be my muscle or something, but I cant maintain a weight that a lot of women do
But Tim insists he likes how I look...even my oversized booty
Seriously! My butt is a different size than my waist. Thank you, mom
Old 06-07-2005, 09:12 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

The weather is pretty toasty where I am too U2democrat. About 25C but feels like 30. It wouldn't be that bad if I had air conditioning, but sadly...

Old 06-07-2005, 09:13 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:58 AM
i'm actually 15 pounds underweight, but i don't look sickly or anything. i think its because i have small bones or something, because if i were to put on 15 pounds i'd probably be chunky.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:14 AM   #41
Blue Crack Distributor

*keeps talk of weather up*

It's going to be another scorcher here today.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:15 AM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
i'm actually 15 pounds underweight, but i don't look sickly or anything. i think its because i have small bones or something, because if i were to put on 15 pounds i'd probably be chunky.
I think my bones are chocolate filled
Its in my bloooood
Old 06-07-2005, 09:18 AM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by pax
You're right. Tara is very pretty, and I appreciate what you're trying to do. But it is really hard to take you seriously when everything I've seen you post about women has to do with their looks.

And yes, calling Tara's stats "impressive," while it was no doubt meant as a compliment, is tough to take for women who don't share those stats.
Ok, pax. Two comments:

1. I have been posting at Interference for almost five years so I would have thought that I would have gained a little more credibility after having behaved well for this long. Apparently, it has not been the case (at least, in your opinion).
I honestly believe that you are misjudging me for creating one "superficial", "fun" thread, just because you do not agree with its intent and purpose (which is, mainly and basically, having fun). I think that, given your mod privileges, you should search the Interference archive and you will see that I am not all about "hottest chicks".

2. Sorry to disagree with you, but I feel that you are "over-moderating" me here and are also mixing your own views in the way you moderate. I did not intend to be offensive, have clarified that to you and the rest of the forum (although I sense that Tara understood it before I clarified anything) and, finally, feel that if people felt offended they should have reacted to my comment in a negative way. They did not. I honestly do not want this thread / Bar to be a place where I have to watch every single comment I make.

If you still feel that my comments are inappropriate or out of line, let me know and I won't post here anymore.

Thanks.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:28 AM   #44
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

The Bar has nothing to do with moderation. The only thing I (or really anyone) ever has to moderate in the Bar is to close it when it gets to 500 posts. I'm asking you to refrain from making those comments out of respect for the women who post here.

You just started posting in the Bar an hour ago, and I'm sorry, but my concern is for the girls who have been posting here all along.

I'm not going to close this thread or get you in trouble over what you posted (though I still don't like these comments having spilled over into the Bar). But I am not comfortable with having these discussions in the Bar. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. And I really do wish that we could just forget all that crap in here, but apparently we can't.

I wanted to be sure that the Bar stays friendly to the girls who post here. I don't want people to come here and feel bad about themselves. I've defused conflict in these threads more than once so that everyone can feel comfortable here. But if no one cares, well, then, I suppose I don't either.

Think I need a bit of fresh air. Enjoy, folks.

Join Amnesty.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:36 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by pax
I'm asking you to refrain from making those comments out of respect for the women who post here.
I'm not going to close this thread or get you in trouble over what you posted (though I still don't like these comments having spilled over into the Bar). But I am not comfortable with having these discussions in the Bar. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. And I really do wish that we could just forget all that crap in here, but apparently we can't.
I think the main difference of opinion between the two of us is that I simply do not think I disrespected anyone nor it was my intention at all to do it. I did, and still not, find my comments offensive.

But it's fine, each one is entitled to his / her own views.