The Octagon Bar aka The Harem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
** Pours a black and Tan for Rebekah **

Sorry it took so long, doorbells and text messages are hurdles to efficiency in this bar. :D

Ewen, the story behind the calendars is that I ordered 2 when I got my membership, and then they only shipped me 1. So I called and complained and then rushed out 2 more to me to make up for the short packed order. So here I have 3 of them. Then when another item I ordered arrived, there was a 4th calendar included, so I asked the patron's in the bar to speak up as to who wanted one. Pax was first and Rebekah was second.

Considering how much they've screwed up orders at Fanfire, I wasn't about to send them back. I'd probably get charged for it! :lol:

starsforu2 said:
** Pours a black and Tan for Rebekah **

Sorry it took so long, doorbells and text messages are hurdles to efficiency in this bar. :D

Ewen, the story behind the calendars is that I ordered 2 when I got my membership, and then they only shipped me 1. So I called and complained and then rushed out 2 more to me to make up for the short packed order. So here I have 3 of them. Then when another item I ordered arrived, there was a 4th calendar included, so I asked the patron's in the bar to speak up as to who wanted one. Pax was first and Rebekah was second.

Considering how much they've screwed up orders at Fanfire, I wasn't about to send them back. I'd probably get charged for it! :lol:

wow, bonus.....so it's true, the people at fanfire haven't got a clue what day of the week it is!

i don't mean to be rude or anything but have you got another name for B & T, it's just a bit....sore, if you catch my meaning. like Dublin don't ask for one here, especially Glasgow, unless you know what kind of bar you're in.

I found an import store today that sells Bewley's tea....REAL Irish breakfast tea!! I can't wait to try that!! :hyper:

It's funny, there is a town called Dublin out here in Ohio and that's where all the "Irish" stuff is...so funny.

* plays that Robin Williams video again at lower volume so as not to disturb his grumpy nextdoor neighbour *

there's a very good reason i ask, family reason, and i don't want to go into that in a light hearted thread. that's all.

it's ok

* wanders over to jukebox to hopefully lighten the mood *

. . . . . .

* hold me thrill me kiss me kill me *

i'm still slowly getting my way through a crate of beer my mother bought for me to drink when we visited her at Christmas. I didn't have the heart to tell her I don't like the beer she got. maybe i should tell her i'm alergic to it incase she does the same thing next Christmas!

oh, i'd love a real guinness just now....too late in the day here! :(

hi Tania, sorry about earlier....didn't mean to upset you.

:wave: :hug:

Unfortunately, no, I was too young to drink tea when I lived in Ireland and I have never found it in sunny Freo (coffee is the big thing here).:)

is tea a bit of an exotic drink in your parts of the world or are you just refering to this particular Irish tea?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: No tea is not exotic, its just that there is a high proportion of Italian and Mediterranean people who live in Fremantle (hence the reason why I love this bar decor) and they make very good coffees, so tea kind of takes a back seat.

I couldn't live without my tea, or my coffee. as soon as i get out of my bed the kettle's on. i'm drinking this pasion flower herbal tea that my friend recommended. he says it's good for depression, thing is i'm not depressed so it kind of makes me go high.

Hey Rebekah and Ewen! Nice place here. Thought I'd say hi.

Rebekah, I cannot wait for your next installment :drool: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom