The Octagon Bar aka The Harem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, not the strawberry bowl!!.....that's just pot pourri not tobacco!!!

sorry, i put it there because the air was getting a bit chokey.

ok, you want strawberry, here you go....

sorry to hear about your car probs....guess there was no other witnesses about at the time?

lol, it was in reply to Rebekah's shifty face, i was wondering what she was up to

starsgoblue said:
Hey Ewen....go here and scroll down to the "download" section and click on "Scotsmen and Golf" :sexywink:

http://www.robin-williams.net/toursolo.htm

:laugh:

That was funny :lol:, but I'm concerned that you might be perpetuating a stereotype about Scotsmen. Are you mocking Ewen? Geez, I thought you liked the guy. :wink:

:p J/K.

** Goes to pour myself a Sam's **

Can I get something for anyone?

starsgoblue said:
Hey Ewen....go here and scroll down to the "download" section and click on "Scotsmen and Golf" :sexywink:

http://www.robin-williams.net/toursolo.htm

:laugh:

:lmao: now that's someone that's been here!!

- spoilt ever so slightly by my next door neighbour banging on my wall!! i didn't realise it was quarter past midnight. anyway, i shouted back "yeah i'll bang on yer wall when you start snoring pal"

starsforu2 said:

That was funny :lol:, but I'm concerned that you might be perpetuating a stereotype about Scotsmen. Are you mocking Ewen? Geez, I thought you liked the guy. :wink:

well, the beginning bit about the accent or whatever is just dumb but the golf thing is totally spot on....hillarious!! nice one Rebekah, got that saved.

Can I get something for anyone?

can i have a rum and coke please, dark rum and no ice. thanks

starsforu2 said:

Well, my sterotype of Scotsmen are guys with damn sexy accents that look hot in kilts and like to drink....how can you go wrong?!

Oh BTW, I got my pressie today Tim....it's beautiful! Thanks so much! :D It's hanging up on my wall as we speak, er, type.

ewen said:

well, the beginning bit about the accent or whatever is just dumb but the golf thing is totally spot on....hillarious!! nice one Rebekah, got that saved.

can i have a rum and coke please, dark rum and no ice. thanks

** Pours 1/3 rum, 2/3 coke **

You'll have to let me know if you like it stronger in the future

Cool Rebekah, glad you like it! I was going to ask if you had it hanging yet :yes:

* wonders whether to post a picture of himself in kilt. whistles* :wink:

the drink is spot on Tim, thanks.

Rebekah, what pressie did you get off Tim if you don't mind me asking? U2 related?

i'm going to order that callendar from u2.com soon, as soon as the tour shirts are available since i want to make most of that 25% discount thingy

ewen said:

hmmm, you know the history behind the naming of that drink?

Isn't it a reference to the soldiers sent to Ireland by the British government in response to Sinn Fein revolutionaries and their attempts for Irish independence? The soldiers were called Black and Tans right? Hence a combo of British ale and Irish stout.

Right? :huh:

starsgoblue said:

Isn't it a reference to the soldiers sent to Ireland by the British government in response to Sinn Fein revolutionaries and their attempts for Irish independence? The soldiers were called Black and Tans right? Hence a combo of British ale and Irish stout.

Right? :huh:

yeah, thereabouts, just best not ever asking for it if you're ever in Dublin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom