The Octagon Bar (AKA I'm Single)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evalicious said:

Im sorry honey!!!
Im finnish, so the words i said are not the words i
actually had in my head.....
..ahhhhh, you know what i mean

oh don't worry, i wasn't in the slightest offended by your comment.

Edited: Nevermind....

Last edited:
ooh, i wanna make the flaming orange thingy!!

**squirts orange and flame EVERYWHERE**

there you go :D

Okay - have to leave now...

... maybe I'll drop in later...

See you soon!

:wave:

Cheers Digsy;)

While you're here, how much was shipping for the IPOD to the UK or does it come from here? Or was £349 all inc?:) I looked but couldn't find anything:(

buy it off the uk apple website (www.apple.com/uk)
its £249 - unfair considering the exchange rate makes it only £190 in the US but you cant buy it there because they'll ONLY ship to the states. so we have to buy here and pay more

but thats all inclusive of postage and everything so that it

Thanks. I must confess I searched apple. com and then only to the extent of discovering that apple. co.uk is not owned by Apple!:p

Oh well, maybe I'll be able to place an order when I get a job:yes::up:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Puts The Killers - Mr Brightside on the jukebox and taps foot <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

yeah jobs help
then again i have a job and the last thing i can afford to do is spend £250 on an iPod
but i have no selfcontrol or restraint so i couldnt stop myself :)

digsy said:
buy it off the uk apple website (www.apple.com/uk)
its £249 - unfair considering the exchange rate makes it only £190 in the US but you cant buy it there because they'll ONLY ship to the states. so we have to buy here and pay more

but thats all inclusive of postage and everything so that it

I can't believe I'm about to buy the IPod solely because of U2 facsimile on the back. :tsk: That and a promise of 400 songs $100 later.
Let me understand something, can I actually get it cheaper (in the US, by buying it in the UK? :confused:

Btw, thanks for taking care of the fancy, fiery drinks. :hug:

---> Nevermind, found a currency converter and realized that you pay over a $100 more to get it for the UK. Sheesh, if it's Euro compatible, I could do swift business in the US for maybe $50 per unit profit. I feel guilty for getting it cheaper :sad:

Last edited:
I have just spent a similar amount of money getting my poor car through it's MOT!:sad: If I didn't need it for interviews and the like then I would get rid of it:shrug:

I have loads of vids and DVDs I could sell but I can't bring myself to part with any :no:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Puts The Strokes - 12:51 on the jukebox <<<<<<<<<<<<

no no
quite the opposite

its far cheaper in the states than it is here - by current exchange rates we pay the equivalent of $460 for the very same thing that you guys pay $360 for! its unfair and one fo the reasons i havent bought an iPod yet. i was waiting till someone i knew went to america so they could get one for me cause it sooo much cheaper there.

put this way, when i last checked a 40GB iPod cost $399 on the american apple site, but cost £399 on the apple uk site. so its the same numerical value but the cost is almost double because of the exchange rate. it would actually be cheaper for me to fly to america and buy one and fly back then it would be to buy one here!

i considered trying to buy the U2 one off apple america and someohow get it here but its risky with customs officials - you can get fined - and apple.com specifially says you MAY NOT export them. so i figured it wasnt worth the risk

digsy said:
no no
quite the opposite

its far cheaper in the states than it is here - by current exchange rates we pay the equivalent of $460 for the very same thing that you guys pay $360 for! its unfair and one fo the reasons i havent bought an iPod yet. i was waiting till someone i knew went to america so they could get one for me cause it sooo much cheaper there.

put this way, when i last checked a 40GB iPod cost $399 on the american apple site, but cost £399 on the apple uk site. so its the same numerical value but the cost is almost double because of the exchange rate. it would actually be cheaper for me to fly to america and buy one and fly back then it would be to buy one here!

i considered trying to buy the U2 one off apple america and someohow get it here but its risky with customs officials - you can get fined - and apple.com specifially says you MAY NOT export them. so i figured it wasnt worth the risk

:sad: >>> Wants to do something illegal to make Digsy happy <<< :sad:

starsforu2 said:

:sad: >>> Wants to do something illegal to make Digsy happy <<< :sad:

ah thats sweet thanks :)

dont worry about it though, i bit the bullet and ordered my (very expensive) one yesterday

;) :dance: :up:

Current Playlist
"Over The Counter Culture" by The Ordinary Boys
"Leaving New York" by R.E.M.
"Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane
"Wanderlust" by Delays
"Meltdown" by Ash
"American Idiot" by Green Day
"The Same Mistakes" by The Cooper Temple Clause
"Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine" by The Killers
"Freedom Fighters" by The Music
"Processed Beats" by Kasabian
"Reptilia" by The Strokes
"This Is The Last Time" by Keane
"Promises Promises" by The Cooper Temple Clause
"Mr Brightside" by The Killers
"Week In Week Out" by The Ordinary Boys
"Narc" by Interpol
"Long Time Coming" by Delays
"Smile Like You Mean It" by The Killers
"12:51" by The Strokes
"The Dark Of The Matinée" by Franz Ferdinand
"Somebody Told Me" by The Killers
"Spitting Games" by Snow Patrol
"Everybody's Changing" by Keane
"The Bitter End" by Placebo
"All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers
"Chocolate" by Snow Patrol
"Blind Pilots" by The Cooper Temple Clause
"Meet Me in the Bathroom" by The Strokes
"Can't Stop Now" by Keane
"One Night Away" by Delays
"Vice" by Razorlight
"Golden Touch" by Razorlight
"Ashes" by Embrace
"Gravity" by Embrace
"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet
"Rollover Dj" by Jet
"Reason Is Treason" by Kasabian
"Molly's Chambers" by Kings Of Leon
"1985" by Manic Street Preachers
"The Love Of Richard Nixon" by Manic Street Preachers
"Glasnost" by Manic Street Preachers
"Time is Running Out" by Muse
"Hysteria" by Muse
"Fortune Faded" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Bad Day" by R.E.M.
"School Of Rock" by School Of Rock
"The Last Song" by The All-American Rejects
"Bill McCai" by The Coral
"Hate To Say I Told You So" by The Hives
"Inertiatic Esp" by The Mars Volta
"Sister Saviour" by Rapture
"Changes Are No Good" by The Stills
"The Rat" by The Walkmen
"The Hardest Button To Button" by The White Stripes
"You Will You Won't" by The Zutons
"For Lovers" by Wolfman feat. Peter Doherty
"Pin" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

>>>>>>>>>>Plays "Run" by Snow Patrol <<<<<<<<<<<

:sad:I had video of that from Glastonbury off the telly and I lost it and loads of others when a hard drive of mine failed two weeks ago:mad:

But it might be in the Leeds and Reading festival highlights:happy: Everyone was singing along......"Even if you cannot hear my voice...I'll be right beside you dear":)

enajh2 said:
>>>>>>>>>>Plays "Run" by Snow Patrol <<<<<<<<<<<

:sad:I had video of that from Glastonbury off the telly and I lost it and loads of others when a hard drive of mine failed two weeks ago:mad:

But it might be in the Leeds and Reading festival highlights:happy: Everyone was singing along......"Even if you cannot hear my voice...I'll be right beside you dear":)

Is Snowpatrol worth buying? I'm not sure I've heard anything from them, who do they sound like? I know, I feel lame :down:

They sound like Idlewild but you probably won't have heard of them so they are like The Vines, or The Dandy Warhols :)

Definitely a keeper, so worth buying IMHO. And Final Straw was "instant" too and not a "grower"at all :applaud:

Last edited:
i LOVE snow patrol really

didnt know any of their stuff but i was in dublin earlier this year and this (amazing) cover band kept playing this song which i instantly loved. found out what it was (turned out to be run), downloaded the album when i got home and liked it so much i went and bought it the next day

do what i did, download it, give it a listen and if you like it, go get it

thats actually a good question which if i really wanted to i could start a post on but i couldnt be arsed, so i'#ll just ask you lot instead!

what do you listen to besides U2?

Oh, sorry. Nothing, actually.

I just am angry all the time, I suppose. I need to keep my :angry: in IO.

I was actually asking what this thread is about, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom