The Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nurse chrissi said:

very sweet but am more concerned with the fact that am now walking germ pod - will not go into details but scrubs got pitched today before coming into home
tim have you broken your no new album vow yet?:mac:
I actually heard miracle drug on the radio today - so amazing

I'm still being good :angel: I don't listen to the radio much, so I guess if I want to continue to avoid it, I can. I think I'm finally going to hear it when I get my iPod and they allow me to download it. That digital boxset better arrive soon!

A friend of mine heard a Man & A Woman on the radio today. So, it's everywhere!

I hope that you don't get sick :barf: Bless you for doing what you do. :up:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i know where i am going to college. i am re-enrolling at my university where i left off 2 yrs ago. I have one more yr left then I will have my degree. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a glass of your best red wine.

** Pours a glass of Merlot for the lady in the Velvet Dress **

So what's the major going to be? What do you want to be when you grow up?

but I love my sig:yes:
I cant believe youre still on here tim.
*feels like a mother hen again* sorry:reject:

I decided when i can afford a good car Im getting a cooper sport:D with the blue paint and black stripes on the front:hyper:
i saw one today and got all giddy
too bad playing guitar killed my good mood:madspit:

u2bonogirl said:
but I love my sig:yes:
I cant believe youre still on here tim.
*feels like a mother hen again* sorry:reject:

I decided when i can afford a good car Im getting a cooper sport:D with the blue paint and black stripes on the front:hyper:
i saw one today and got all giddy
too bad playing guitar killed my good mood:madspit:

The cooper is cool. I'm almost done doing what I wanted to get done tonight, but I've been double time as bartender, which is yielding several customers (notice that I've omitted :happy:)

I think that they are happy. Thanks for caring about my sleep. I took a nap today while the kids were here playing video games.

Let me finish up and go to bed. I'll catch you and everyone else later :wave:

starsforu2 said:

The cooper is cool. I'm almost done doing what I wanted to get done tonight, but I've been double time as bartender, which is yielding several customers (notice that I've omitted :happy:)

I think that they are happy. Thanks for caring about my sleep. I took a nap today while the kids were here playing <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=13&k=video%20games" onmouseover="window.status='video games'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">video games</a>.

Let me finish up and go to bed. I'll catch you and everyone else later :wave:
:wave:
Im gonna go and be grumpy since Ive had such a rotten guitar night:rolleyes:
who knew that an instrument can yield such bad moods in its master?:shrug:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
why the tears?

I reread my post, oops. Tears are because all night it's been 2 or 3 girls and 1 guy. I enjoy it, but it would be nice for you all to have some choice around here too. So the tears were for you not having more choice in the Octagon.
You're kind of sassy, you should visit more often. Plus you might even have a southern accent :drool: Although last time I was in Atlanta I barely heard an accent at all.

geeze, the bartender leaves and all the customers are out the door!
I saw two dead rats, a dead dog and a deer carcass today:yuck:
eugh
just thought people might like to know:shrug::laugh:
or making a conversation piece?

Last edited:
<<....steps over deer carcass, picks rats up by the tails and slings them in the bin, carefully removes dog and goes behind bar to disinfect hands....>>

Right, cleaned up most of that mess..... Bambi stays until someone can help me with that one..... Hope its not too long or the place is going to have an interesting odour...

Heeeellllloooo....

Oh well, no one here again,

<<....puts on coffee, grabs newspaper and gets comfy in the big squashy chairs near the window....>>

**Runs into the bar and directly up to the desk **

Morning tea... I'll just have a cup of tea...

**Looks around in the bar**

:sigh: If only I had more time these days...

starsforu2 said:
:hmm: I haven't seen Merc or Digsy for a few days. Did they go out and get lives while I wasn't watching? If they have... :applaud: But I do miss them :sad:

:lol: Well, I kinda had a life before The Octagon too ( Would you believe it?! :wink: )... but, I miss you all :sad: :hug: Hope to get some more time to hang out here soon!

**Runs out of the bar again, with a cup of tea in her hand**

Mmmm ..... good coffee....

Folds newspaper, washes up cup and steps over dead deer (mental note... remember to bring chain saw to cut up Bambi into more movable pieces. Wonder if it was that Russian dude who dropped all these...)...

C u all later, I have a hockey match to play...:wink:

Last edited:
** Opens front door and is confronted with a noxious odor **

Thank God, I wore my lumber jack clothes today. It makes me feel like doing manly things like removing Bambi from the premises.

** Bends knees to lift Bambi in a fireman's carry, and slips in the pooled blood **

Oh :censored:! ** Grabs hindquarters of the deer and begins to drag the carcass out onto the street, but sees that the Unforgettable Testjes is still in business. **

:hmm: Surely a place that has a fetish for Testjes wouldn't mind a dead deer too. :macdevil:

** Drags deer down the street and into the Unforgettable Testjes **

Now that took real balls :wink:

** Returns to the bar, and immediately washes up like Nurse Chrissi suggests, changes into another checked flannel shirt and starts up the Jukebox. :shifty: Belts out

"Are You Gonna Wait Foreveeeeeeeeeeer, How long, how long, or is it now."

That felt good! I know that I'm late to the game, but I got my Vertigo singles today and this song is growing on me. The cool thing is that this is just the beginning for me. I still have an album waiting for me. :p
No one seems to be around, so I'll just craft some notes and leave them around.

** Begins writing **

Dearest Dorthe,
Sorry I've missed you again. If I close my eyes I think I can still detect that delicious scent you wear, what is it called? I think it's been far too long since we've had a :dance: don't you think?

** Puts note on couch, where I'm sure she'll see it. **

Oh my beloved Tania,
We pass like ships in the night, but you never cease to be the source of my amusement. But a chainsaw? :tsk: That would have been messy indeed. Still, you're an enigma to us, faceless and undefinable. We would like pictures :yes:

** Puts note on the comfy chairs near the window. Walks back to the pantry and pulls out a Birthday Cake and puts it on the bar **

Happy Birthday Rebekah! Sorry that's it's belated by a day, but better late than never. You've been silent, so you must be having the time of your life somewhere. :applaud:

Aw crap, I've run out of emoticons! I can only use 10 per post, and I'm at my limit. I'll have to write more notes later.

** Returns to Are You Gonna Wait Forever **

<<... Staggers into bar, throws body back on comfy couch and yells for ICE.... >>

How many times do I have to get hit on the fingers before I start wearing a glove? :huh:

Oh well, it was fun, we won and the beers were good afterwards.

An enigma or a stigma?:laugh:

Sand shoe, Stars, for removing that hulking great animal. :wink:

The chain saw would have been fine, I'm pretty good at dissecting and would have kept it tidy...

Don't want those two mad Irish cleaners (you know the ones I'm talking about - one wears a beanie and the other wears sunglasses) complaining about the mess!:laugh:

I am hoping to get a printer/scanner/copier/fax machine thingy soon (any suggestions re brand) and then I will try and find a decent picture to post (could be a while) :D

Are you gonna wait forever, is sublime...

Now, now, now.....

Sorry, me and my black fingers are off to bed (no need for nail polish this week - feeling a goth moment coming on), I think I am catching the flu that seems to be going around this bar:sad:

Here's another joke...

Seven Dwarfs go to the Vatican and, because they have requested an audience, and as they are THE Seven Dwarfs, they are ushered in to see The Pope.

Dopey leads the pack. "Dopey, my son," says the Pope, "what can I do for you?" Dopey asks, "Excuse me, Your Holiness, but are there any dwarf nuns in Rome?"

The Pope wrinkles his brow at the odd question, thinks for a moment, and answers, "No, Dopey, there are no dwarf nuns in Rome."

In the background a few of the dwarfs start giggling. Dopey turns
around and gives them a glare, silencing them. Dopey turns back,
"Your Worship, are there any dwarf nuns in all of Europe?" The Pope, puzzled now, again thinks for a moment and then answers "Dopey, there are no dwarf nuns in Europe." This time, all of the other dwarfs burst into laughter. Once again, Dopey turns around and silences them with an angry glare.

Dopey turns back and says, "Your extreme holiness! Are there ANY dwarf nuns anywhere in the world?" After consulting with his advisors, the Pope responds, "I'm sorry my son, there're no dwarf nuns anywhere in the world."

The other dwarfs collapse in a heap, rolling, laughing and pounding the floor, tears streaming down their cheeks as they begin chanting.....

"Dopey shagged a penguin! Dopey shagged a penguin!"

Night all, nice muscles Stars....

:yes: :yes:

starsforu2 said:

You're kind of sassy, you should visit more often. Plus you might even have a southern accent :drool: Although last time I was in Atlanta I barely heard an accent at all.

Yeah there are a lot of non-natives in these parts. Damn Yankees. ;)

I am one of the rare natives left, which means I do have an accent and I know when and where and how to use it to get what I want. :sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom