The Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starsforu2

Refugee
Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogir
Welcome weary travelers! :applaud:

We've been kicked around the corner, we've been known by different names but it's time to reopen the Octagon Bar! :yes: We've served over 2000 customers since we opened our doors just a few weeks ago in part because the bar is open 24 hours, so stop in for a coffee or tea in the morning, bring your newspaper and sit in our soft leather couches. For lunch, come in and have a cocktail. Your boss will never know. :wink: When work is over, stop in for Happy Hour :drunk: , you can be assured that your presence will not go unnoticed. Late nights are the best and the most wicked; the patrons are a frisky lot, but always friendly. :flirt:

The Octagon Bar is located on the first floor of the Clarence Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. :adam: :bono: :edge: :larry: are part owners of this magnificent watering hole and we seek to reproduce the camaraderie of a pub, complete with bar fights, dancing girls, and moderators who shut us down when the noise or the post count gets too high.

May I suggest that you order a drink, ask one of the lovelies or one of the gents for a :dance:, or perhaps you want to play a song on the jukebox. Share pictures of your kids and yourselves. Don’t be shy, by morning we’ll forget your face anyway.

This is a patron-run bar, so if the bartender is asleep in the back, or cuddled up on the couch with one of the patrons, go and pour a drink for your mate. The drink selection is only limited by your imagination. So dream out loud!

Weeeeee!
Dance.gif

Yoohoo.gif

Moonie :D

I don't care if it's a little on the early side, I LOVE this song!

*bumps the jukebox with her rear and begins to dance to U2's It's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)* :dance:

Someone had better dance with me! This song makes me so happy!!! :hyper:

starsgoblue said:
I don't care if it's a little on the early side, I LOVE this song!

*bumps the jukebox with her rear and begins to dance to U2's It's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)* :dance:

Someone had better dance with me! This song makes me so happy!!! :hyper:

Gives Stars inaugural twirl :dance:

It's Christmas
Baby, please come home

(Yeah!)

The snow's coming down
I'm watching it fall
Watching the people around
Baby please come home

The church bells in town
They're ringing a song
What a happy sound
Baby please come home

>>> Spins Stars around and round singing with abandon <<<

They're singing deck the halls
But it's not like Christmas at all
I remember when you were here
And all the fun we had last year

>>> Continues to sing, this time with Bono <<<

Pretty lights on the tree
I'm watching 'em shine
You should be here with me
Baby please come home

Baby please come home
Baby please come home

They're singing deck the halls
But it's not like Christmas at all
I remember when you were here
And all the fun we had last year

If there was a way
I'd hold back these tears
But it's Christmas day
Baby please come home
Ohh...

Baby please come home
Baby please come home
Baby please come home
Ohh...
Baby please come home
Baby please come home

>>> That was way too short :hug: I'm glad to be home!!! :kiss: <<<

nurse chrissi said:

naughty:) but nice

I have a confession to make. I've always been attracted to your avatar :shrug: I was very happy that you walked in. I've a weakness for Blondes. :yes: Especially cleverly drawn ones. :wink: And nurses, :sigh: they take care of those who can't. What more can I say?

Glad you're both naughty and nice. Can I interest you in a drink or a dance? :dance:

I feel political drinks tonight - in honor of our last dem president I'll have a blow job - the drink that is:ohmy:

nurse chrissi said:
I feel political drinks tonight - in honor of our last dem president I'll have a blow job - the drink that is:ohmy:

I very much like you already :D

>>> grabs shot glass and puts in Kahlua and Irish Cream <<

I do hope that you enjoy our company and come by often :wink:

>>> Finishes off the drink by adding a generous dose of whipped cream <<<

>>> Slides Shot over to Nurse Chrissi <<<

Oh, and put your hands behind your back, when you drink that. No hands allowed. :shame: It's a rule. Enjoy!

Edited to add: It occurs to me that it would make more sense for you to give me a blow job. But I guess I'll have to wait until you're the bartender for that. :wink:

Last edited:
DaveC said:

I'll take a slightly-dirty, very-dry, in-and-out, super-chilled half-and-half martini with a lemon twist. :wink:

Your wish is my command...

>>> Mixes, ices, twists and hands it over to DaveC <<<

You sound like you know your way around the bar, unless you weren't actually ordering a drink :wink: Perhaps you can help serve the more complicated beverage orders we receive. We can always use more help. :yes:
I have a day job, this is just a supplement. And a hell of a lot of fun :D

starsforu2 said:

Edited to add: It occurs to me that it would make more sense for you to give me a blow job. But I guess I'll have to wait until you're the bartender for that. :wink:

I'm not very experienced but I'm always willing to lend a hand... in the bartending

nurse chrissi said:

I'm not very experienced but I'm always willing to lend a hand... in the bartending

I feel like confessing tonight. It must be your looks. :shifty: Promise not to tell anyone? :shifty: I don't know anything about bartending. :no: I just google it. :yes: Most people don't know the difference.
DaveC, I didn't know what the f:censored:k he was talking about, but I just nod, serve it up and hope they like it.
I gather that you live in the US, may I ask where?

I want a Tora Bora Kaboom! :combust:

I invented it during 2001/2002, basically it involves mixing Ouzo and Vodka and whatever is left in the drinks cabinet.

Don't know the recipe - then surprise me

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:

naughty:) but nice

I can vouch for that!

Stars, thanks for the dance!! I'm all outta breath now. Can you please make me a Fudgesicle? It's a yummy drink....let me buy one for Chrissi too, she'd appreciate it! :wink: :wink: :angel:

1 oz. Vodka
1/4 oz. Creme de Cacao
1/4 oz. Chocolate Syrup

Combine the ingredients in a shaker filled with ice, shake and serve in an old fashioned glass filled with ice.

Last edited:
starsforu2 said:

I gather that you live in the US, may I ask where?

I live in the town where the baseball team apparently chokes in a world series even though they played amazingly well all year long - sorry still sore....
St. Louis:wink:

Stars I love you for doing the legwork

>>> Stars with Absolut, adds Creme de Cacao and Chocolate Syrup *Adds a 1/3 oz to make it sweeter for the ladies* <<<

Nurse Chrissi, I am sorry that the Cardinals were on the wrong end of that one. :sad: I didn't have a horse in that race, so I watched pretty impassionately. I have been to your wonderful home and I was really happy that I had a chance to see a playoff game in St. Louis against the Giants. This must have been in 2002. It was the first game. I thought it was wonderful that we sang the National Anthem instead of a professional singer. It meant more.

>>> Shake it shake it Salome! Shake it shake it Salome!

>>> Pours two fudgsicles for the ladies <<<

They are extra sweet, just like these two beautiful women who sit before me :wink:

A_Wanderer said:
I want a Tora Bora Kaboom! :combust:

I invented it during 2001/2002, basically it involves mixing Ouzo and Vodka and whatever is left in the drinks cabinet.

Don't know the recipe - then surprise me

I couldn't find the Tora Bora Kaboom :combust:, but this one ought to rock your world!

>>> Gets a big mixer and adds ice and...

1/2 oz Absolut Kurant
1/4 oz Grand Marnier
1/4 oz Chambord raspberry liqueur
1/4 oz Midori melon liqueur
1/4 oz Malibu rum
1/4 oz Amaretto
1/2 oz Cranberry juice
1/4 oz Pineapple juice

>>> Strains entire drink through ice and serves to A_Wanderer

Alright, be careful with this one, it's called 1-900-FUK-MEUP

I've already called you a cab :yes:

Status