The Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nurse chrissi said:
bedside nurse all the way - I work in a critical care ICU setting
shift is supposedly 12 hours but mine normally run about 13 to 15 depending on the type of day I'm having
but honestly it is really a cool job

:applaud: I can only imagine that's it's hard work (emotionally), but it's important that if you're doing it you should enjoy it.

I was talking to my next door neighbor and he had been in a motorcycle accident and had broken his pelvis and several bones in one of his legs, and his chief complaint was that when he was in the hospital, the nurses were more often callous, than caring. Meaning, on at least one occasion, he was referred to as whining. And knowing this guy, I actually think that he was in pain, and thus deserving the benefit of the doubt.

What do you do on your other 4 days off, more school, more blue crack? :wink:

hey, im still here :wave:
was typing out a fan fic in pleba since i just got yelled at for taking so long on a new chapter
geeze

this whole election is driving me nuts. Im sick of hearing my family and other people bash on me for voting kerry!!

I need a hard drink. *waves bartender down. smiles with those bedroom eyes. moves lips slowly and tilts her head down a little*
Hey love, can you make it a double?

u2bonogirl said:
hey, im still here :wave:
was typing out a fan fic in pleba since i just got yelled at for taking so long on a new chapter
geeze

this whole election is driving me nuts. Im sick of hearing my family and other people bash on me for voting kerry!!

I need a hard drink. *waves bartender down. smiles with those bedroom eyes. moves lips slowly and tilts her head down a little*
Hey love, can you make it a double?

:drool: "bedroom eyes" Sure, I'd love to get you something.

>>> Pours a double Jameson for Tara <<<

Here you go love -----> Hands double shot to her

You write fan fiction? Send me a link worth reading

I shouldn't be amazed by I'm pretty impressed by the level of creativity around here. Be it art, or writing, or musical ability, or the combination of all 3.

starsforu2 said:

:drool: "bedroom eyes" Sure, I'd love to get you something.

>>> Pours a double Jameson for Tara <<<

Here you go love -----> Hands double shot to her

You write fan fiction? Send me a link worth reading

I shouldn't be amazed by I'm pretty impressed by the level of creativity around here. Be it art, or writing, or musical ability, or the combination of all 3.

:D thank you very much.
sip
ahhh spectacular

fan fiction huh? Ill get some snippet of mine and send it to you

I love the bedroom eyes
Im a pro.
along with the baby please eyes
the back up eyes
and the look that says "on your knees boy!"

im more of a creative person than anything. cant to math.
but i can play guitar, bass, piano, sing, draw, paint, and write smut that could make starsgoblue blush!:wink:

right now I'm studying for my certification in critical care (not a requirement but good to have) and starting on my masters.
Sorry about your neighboor - it is unfortunate that some stay in the profession well after the "burnout" period - it really isn't a profession that you can just put in your time - you have to really get a kick out of it.

I'll have to check out your fan fiction bonogirl - I'm sure it is great
As for the Kerry thing - at least you voted - if bush wins you have four years of saying I told you so if you like:)

nurse chrissi said:
right now I'm studying for my certification in critical care (not a requirement but good to have) and starting on my masters.
Sorry about your neighboor - it is unfortunate that some stay in the profession well after the "burnout" period - it really isn't a profession that you can just put in your time - you have to really get a kick out of it.

As for the Kerry thing - at least you voted - if bush wins you have four years of saying I told you so if you like:)

:lol: yeah. I can tell my parents that they should have listened to me when they had the chance :D
it just saddens me a little when there is a rift caused by politics in unpolitical people.
I hate politics- theres no way i could ever see a non corrupt system because there never will be one.

I think i would compare nurses to teachers in that some of them dont like their job and their patients/students suffer for it:(

u2bonogirl said:

:D thank you very much.
sip
ahhh spectacular

fan fiction huh? Ill get some snippet of mine and send it to you

I love the bedroom eyes
Im a pro.
along with the baby please eyes
the back up eyes
and the look that says "on your knees boy!"

im more of a creative person than anything. cant to math.
but i can play guitar, bass, piano, sing, draw, paint, and write smut that could make starsgoblue blush!:wink:

I don't know if I want to alllow you to make me blush or not. :hmm: That's always a tough call. The "boy" in me wants you to bring it on. The "Man" in me knows it's probably better to leave my imagination to me. :wink:
I do think it's cool that you play so many instruments. I admire that. I just harness technology to make money, and get creative, when I have time on the website. Did you check out the pictures on my site. There is one there, where I am about 3 years old. You'll have to look at my profile to get there. That's as close to an invitation as I'm going to give you, sweetheart :flirt:

nurse chrissi said:

:up: One day, you'll have to show us who you are. Or, let us just :drool: over your avatar. :D

:lol: I'm asking for a digital camera for christmas (the one piece of fun electronic stuff I do not own) so after that I'll be uploading some pictures
in the meantime - the avatar is from Animanics - she is simple known as "nurse" or HELLO nurse!
she differs from me in the fact that I don't wear white, or a hat:)

nurse chrissi said:
:lol: I'm asking for a digital camera for christmas (the one piece of fun electronic stuff I do not own) so after that I'll be uploading some pictures
in the meantime - the avatar is from Animanics - she is simple known as "nurse" or HELLO nurse!
she differs from me in the fact that I don't wear white, or a hat:)

Sea Foam Green, or pale red? And then, what color is your hair. Does it clash with your uniform :laugh:

So, you'll have a new iPod and a Digital Camera? You can do a lot of damage as a tourist with those two items :yes:

starsforu2 said:

I don't know if I want to alllow you to make me blush or not. :hmm: That's always a tough call. The "boy" in me wants you to bring it on. The "Man" in me knows it's probably better to leave my imagination to me. :wink:
I do think it's cool that you play so many instruments. I admire that. I just harness technology to make money, and get creative, when I have time on the website. Did you check out the pictures on my site. There is one there, where I am about 3 years old. You'll have to look at my profile to get there. That's as close to an invitation as I'm going to give you, sweetheart :flirt:

I admire YOU for being able to harness technology. theres something im not able to do yet. Im so retarded sometimes that nobody can stand to teach me things sometimes :reject:
I cn correct the grammar in magazines and newspapers but I cant do arithmetic :lol:

heres a random snippet of fan fic
http://forum.interference.com/t98621.html

just a small piece of a story Im working on. nothing too deep! just about a girl who stumbles into the lives of the band by saving adam's arse and so forth....
shes just slept on a bench and decides to go swimming in the river for fun.
okay so theres a liiiiittle bit of me in the girl:eyebrow:

I used to swim in the pacific ocean with no wetsuit in the winter for "fun"
the more i get to know myself the more i freak myself out

bonogirl - smut is a good thing:) writing has always been a love of mine - I might have to add to the FF if time allows - I can get quite creative - possibly making everyone blush

The scrubs are ceil blue (read power blue) and they go quite well with the lovely highlights I got today :)

u2bonogirl said:

I admire YOU for being able to harness technology. theres something im not able to do yet. Im so retarded sometimes that nobody can stand to teach me things sometimes :reject:
I cn correct the grammar in magazines and newspapers but I cant do arithmetic :lol:

heres a random snippet of fan fic
http://forum.interference.com/t98621.html

just a small piece of a story Im working on. nothing too deep! just about a girl who stumbles into the lives of the band by saving adam's arse and so forth....
shes just slept on a bench and decides to go swimming in the river for fun.
okay so theres a liiiiittle bit of me in the girl:eyebrow:

I used to swim in the pacific ocean with no wetsuit in the winter for "fun"
the more i get to know myself the more i freak myself out

I like how you keep bringing us to the edge, but don't go over. It's not right to go over, it's hot when it's on the edge. I need to stop drinking, otherwise, I'm libel to ask for you to write a story for me. :silent: Whoops, I did ask for it. But only if you're inspired. :yes:

I was in your neighborhood (Portland) in May. I drove as far south as Salem, but didn't make it to the coast. It was the first time that I have been in the Pacific NW. I spent about a week in Seattle as well.

u2bonogirl said:
I found out at the wedding that i can dance like a maniac to 80s music
just thought you would all like to know:reject:

It is important to dance like a maniac to 80s music
I have a serious addiction to 80s music and movies

nurse chrissi said:
bonogirl - smut is a good thing:) writing has always been a love of mine - I might have to add to the FF if time allows - I can get quite creative - possibly making everyone blush

The scrubs are ceil blue (read power blue) and they go quite well with the lovely highlights I got today :)

Thanks, my curiosity is being satisfied. Highlights are always blonde right? Or at least light in color? Pardon my male ignorance... :D

starsforu2 said:

I like how you keep bringing us to the edge, but don't go over. It's not right to go over, it's hot when it's on the edge. I need to stop drinking, otherwise, I'm libel to ask for you to write a story for me. :silent: Whoops, I did ask for it. But only if you're inspired. :yes:

I was in your neighborhood (Portland) in May. I drove as far south as Salem, but didn't make it to the coast. It was the first time that I have been in the Pacific NW. I spent about a week in Seattle as well.

:ohmy: you were really close to where i live. i'm like 45 min from salem. i go there all the time because it blows at my place.

soooo a story?:eyebrow: any specifics.
i love writing things for people.
i have books of poems and thoughts laying all over my room.

that whole story that i wrote in fan fic is kinda funny. i was tired of all my brooding things and decided to write something a little more lighthearted

nurse chrissi- :mac: nice to know somebody who has a love of smut
I got reprimanded for my use of smut in the fan fic board and had a story shut down:ohmy: oopsies
let my mind wander a little too far

I basically worship john hughes but if I had to pick one movie? sixteen candles/breakfast club - sixteen candles win out for me as I still have a crush on Jake:reject:

nurse chrissi said:
I basically worship john hughes but if I had to pick one movie? sixteen candles/breakfast club - sixteen candles win out for me as I still have a crush on Jake:reject:

Ladies, you have been wonderful company this evening, but I have run out of beer and my eyes are droopy. :(

Nurse Chrissi, my favorite growing up was Breakfast Club, but I really love Lloyd Dobler in Say Anything (not John Hughes, but very good) :yes:

Tara, write a story ONLY if the mood strikes you, maybe after I'm really kind to you :wink: otherwise, don't worry about it.

Talk to you all later! Thanks for keeping me company :hug:

forgot Ferris Bueller's Day Off - which is just one of the coolest movies out there
I also love She's Having a Baby - love, love, love that movie
Other than Hughes 80s movies probably the usual ones Princess Bride/Raising AZ

Gosh I just found an OLD poem in this notebook that has part of the fan fic in it.
Of course you all want to hear it, i can hear you asking me to type it :lol:

Its called neon

Black and white make gray
Shadows in the night
Cold cement, secrets on your lips
A heart of stone
Between love and hate
They bleed together and become one
Storm clouds
Frozed liquid
Short stay
Good and bad
You and I
Night and day make gray......

one of my more morbid pieces of midnight penwork:wink:

starsforu2 said:

Ladies, you have been wonderful company this evening, but I have run out of beer and my eyes are droopy. :(

Nurse Chrissi, my favorite growing up was Breakfast Club, but I really love Lloyd Dobler in Say Anything (not John Hughes, but very good) :yes:

Tara, write a story ONLY if the mood strikes you, maybe after I'm really kind to you :wink: otherwise, don't worry about it.

Say Anything! Sigh - I love In Your Eyes because of that movie - not to mention also large crush on John Cusak - he is a cool, he knows his music, he always puts out amazing soundtracks.....

starsforu2 said:

night!!
I would be happy to write something for you but you need to tell me what you want honey:wink:

have a good night sleep

nurse chrissi said:
forgot Ferris Bueller's Day Off - which is just one of the coolest movies out there
I also love She's Having a Baby - love, love, love that movie
Other than Hughes 80s movies probably the usual ones Princess Bride/Raising AZ

oh yeah! i totally spaced ferris!
thats my second favorite i think....
hes so cool.
the essence of cool
did you see the freshman? that was a funny one

u2bonogirl said:
Gosh I just found an OLD poem in this notebook that has part of the fan fic in it.
Of course you all want to hear it, i can hear you asking me to type it :lol:

Its called neon

Shadows in the night
Cold cement, secrets on your lips
A heart of stone
Between love and hate
They bleed together and become one
Storm clouds
Frozed liquid
Short stay
Good and bad
You and I
Night and day make gray......

one of my more morbid pieces of midnight penwork:wink:

that is excellent :applaud:
Guys I'm probably going to call it a night as things are looking a bit sad on the news right now:(
oh well - it will still be the same world tomorrow:)
nice talking with you two!

/Wanderer wanders into Octagon bar after the euphoria of FYM.

I feel like celebrating, wheres the champagne :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom