The Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
**Walks into the bar**

Good morning...

... any chance of getting a cup of tea in this place?! :flirt:

**Looks around and see pics of everyone**

Ohh, nice! :D:up:

I've actually got a news yesterday... don't know if I have time to upload right now, but...

Merc said:
**Walks into the bar**

Good morning...

... any chance of getting a cup of tea in this place?! :flirt:

**Looks around and see pics of everyone**

Ohh, nice! :D:up:

I've actually got a news yesterday... don't know if I have time to upload right now, but...

Merc!!!! I need to go to bed! Wait, that could be misinterpreted right about now! :laugh:

Glad to see you! :D :hug:

starsforu2 said:

Merc!!!! I need to go to bed! Wait, that could be misinterpreted right about now! :laugh:

Misinterpreted... Nooo... We're not like that... at all...! :sexywink:

starsforu2 said:

Glad to see you! :D :hug:

Glad to see you too! :hug:

i took an IQ test finally
not that it means anything because it wasnt THE official one
it was kinda hard though

heres my results(which prove to me that it was crap)

Your overall intelligence quotient is the result of a scientifically-tested formula based on how many questions you answered correctly. But it's only part of what we learned about you from your answers on the test. We also determined the way you process information.

The way you think about things makes you a Creative Theorist. This means you are a highly intelligent, complex person. You are able to process information of nearly every kind with ease, using both creativity and analysis to make sense of the world. Compared to others you also have a very rich imagination.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of a Creative Theorist? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you a Creative Theorist. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

and heres my "vibe"
:lol:

You're one class act — the perfect balance of a cool, casual attitude and an elegant, polished style. There's a certain grace in almost everything you do. It's true, you make things look easy — even when they're not.

And while there's nothing flashy about how you present yourself, you never fail to dazzle most people you meet. You tend to take life as it comes — and it's not easy to throw you off course. A strong sense of self and a hearty dose of confidence help you handle whatever comes your way. And usually, look good doing it.

Haha, I took a numerical IQ test once at some center place....they invited me to apply to MENSA, I thought that was the funniest thing I had ever heard.

I want to find out my "vibe"!! Do you have a link or something?

hey guys

so i know my timing is totally off - all the good stuff seems to happen when i'm fast asleep!

lets recap...

lovely photos guys - couldnt see all of them though.
tim you look more and more like and ex of mine, its quite strange!

by hooker boots we mean FMBs right? (F**k Me Boots :D)
and i'm 5"5' without mine!

families - nutters all of them. some more so than others but honestly most families are screwy one wy or another. nothing to be ashamed of, we dont pick our families remember. just as long as we learn from their mistakes!

i'm a happy mix of south african and english twisted any firther by the fact that my dad is adopted. very weird. and i have one older sister but i was also one of twins which isn't a happy story.

as for IQ tests - do them all the time on the internet when i'm bored.
also got invited to apply for mensa once, coudl not be bothered though! this vibe thing sounds interesting though..

and thats that, i think i've covered all bases that were discussed last night!

so whats everyone up to today then?

<<pushes bar door open, slumps into chair, blows nose and wonders about the meaning of life...>>

:wave:

Is there anybody home?

May I have a drink please? Preferrably the strongest, baddest(?) drink around. No messing tonight, this is a time for drowning ones sorrows.

Tania said:
<<pushes bar door open, slumps into chair, blows nose and wonders about the meaning of life...>>

Is there anybody home?

May I have a drink please? Preferrably the strongest, baddest(?) drink around. No messing tonight, this is a time for drowning ones sorrows.

>>> Pours Jameson straight, no ice in a tumbler <<<

Hi Tania, I'm not going to be able to stay very long, but what's wrong? Perhaps one of the other's will wander in when they hear your call. :hug:

I had to go to a funeral today. A funeral for a baby and it was beautiful but unbelievably terrible.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to burden you and PLEASE don't be nice to me, I just need to forget for a little while.

Thanks Stars, that was great...

Think I will go now and play some U2 really loud and drink for real and maybe come back later.

Thanks again...

All of you are stupendous.....

can i get a jamesons??

actaully, i'll get it myself...

**pours large jamesons on ice and goes and slumps on the sofa waiting for company**

I'm soooooo bored at work right now

**Walks into the - humming the first lines of ABOY**

digsy said:
hellooooooooo.......???????

Hi Digs! How are you doing - still bored at work?!

**Goes behind the bar and makes herself a double Bacardi & coke**

You want anything in the bar...? :D

yep
double jack and coke pelase

still vwery bored at work
where is everyone today?

**Sips her drink**

Saw you guys were talking 'bout family on the previous pages...

100% Danish here... Well, my great-great-grand parents were from Germany, but... :shrug:

So, most of the family actually immigrated to USA... All of my great-grandmothers brothers and sister (except one) all ended up in the US... :yes:

digsy said:
yep
double jack and coke pelase

**Fixes a double JD & coke**

There you go! Cheers! :D

digsy said:
still vwery bored at work
where is everyone today?

I don't know what everyones up to today... All the Americans are probably hung over after the election...! :laugh:

cool
we all seem to have pretty varied family histories - a lot of emigration going on!

my dads biological parents were british but he was adopted in SA (adoptive family also orignally britsh a generation or 2 back)
and my moms dad was part of teh Royal Air Force here and was stationed in South Africa when he met my gran so half english on that side.
appaerntly theres irish somehwere about there too - everyone has a bit of irish in them i think - they get around! :lol:

digsy said:
cool
we all seem to have pretty varied family histories - a lot of emigration going on!

:yes:

digsy said:
appaerntly theres irish somehwere about there too - everyone has a bit of irish in them i think - they get around! :lol:

:lol:

No Irish in this family... All my family had to with anyone Irish in the past was when my great-gandparents took care of the crew from a Irish ship that wrecked on the coastline very close to their farm... :)

**Takes another sip of her drink**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom