The Number 1 One Hit Wonder According to Vh1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lauren430

Refugee
.........the Macarena!

I personally hated this song and can't believe everyone knew it :huh: :down:

Apparently it was on the charts for 60 weeks.

Discuss.

Now that's just fucking lame. But then again, this is VH1 we're talking about.

:lmao:

Well, they didn't have any more hits after that, so that says something too.

And actually....Vh1 is showing the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony on Saturday night :up:

Damn! My band doesn't get to be #1 at anything! :grumpy: :madspit:

:lol:

I do love Frankie actually. The Blockheads(ie the musicians that actually played on their songs whilst the pretty boys pretended) were such fab musicians. The bass, the bass, it's all about the bass. :drool:

martha said:
I went and saw Frankie Goes to Hollywood in concert when they were famous for their 15 minutes. :reject:

It was way fun, especially watching all the teen girls wanting to screw the guys in the band. :eyebrow:

Were you a teen at the time? :wink:

I thought only the front two singers in Frankie were gay. The other three were straight. One had an affair with Laura Cairo, a model.

Yes, I remembered this all this time. Why? I have no idea. :|

Hey beli, what about Mr. Mister? They're from your neck of the woods, right? Broken Wings! I guess you may argue that they had Kyrie. Wasn't Cutting Crew Australian too?

Zootlesque said:
Hey beli, what about Mr. Mister? They're from your neck of the woods, right? Broken Wings! I guess you may argue that they had Kyrie. Wasn't Cutting Crew Australian too?

Oh my gawd, no, no, no. - lol.

Mr Mister and Cutting Crew were from North America somewhere. I wasn't into that whole American on-slaught in the mid 80's. Puke. lol. Not my cup of tea at all.

Feel free to drool over Mr Mister and Cutting Crew though.

I was into the New Romantics/Euro Pop as well as Aus music (Icehouse, Hunters, INXS, Hoodoos, The Church, etc) back then. lol

"To cut a long story short, I lost my mind" :wink:

I could've sworn Mr. Mister was from Australia! Oh well. By the way, Beli, I like your avatar. It's really cute. :cute:

lol. Mr Mister sound so North American to me. Its funny you should think they are Australian.

I don't recall many Australian acts having USA hits back in the mid 1980's. Maybe INXS? Maybe Men At Work? (puke). Dunno if AC/DC really counts as Australian, maybe them?

And thats about it.

Thanks for the avatar comments. I think my shrimp/prawn is cute too. It's easy to spot if Im searching for my own posts. lol.

beli said:

Thanks for the avatar comments. I think my shrimp/prawn is cute too. It's easy to spot if Im searching for my own posts. lol.

You know what's really weird is that it reminds me of the nuns from high school....you know, the hands on the hips very disapproving pose thing. :ohmy:

indra said:

You know what's really weird is that it reminds me of the nuns from high school....you know, the hands on the hips very disapproving pose thing. :ohmy:

Really? I wonder if anyone else feels that way.

*suddenly feels very insecure about avatar* :uhoh:

beli said:

Really? I wonder if anyone else feels that way.

*suddenly feels very insecure about avatar* :uhoh:

Well, it's cute in a prawn...not so cute in a nun. :|

Back
Top Bottom