The NFL Thread Part IV: Super Bowl Edition.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went 3 out o4 w/ my pics 2 weeks ago

and I thought that Pittsburgh and Carolina would win yesterday....so that's 1 out of 2

So, SB XL (Extra Large) prediction:
Pittsburgh 27 - Seahawks 20
in a nail biter

although, I sometimes think that the Seahawks might just sneak a win in this one, relishing in their "underdawg" role

although I think they are the odds makers favorite by 3.5 - 4pts

Steelers are the favorites, most places currently have them laying 3.5.

A testament to the disparity in conference powers (at least perceived) that the AFC #6 seed is favored over the NFC #1 seed.

They won't go head to head but I can't wait to see the play of former USC Trojans Troy Palamalu #43 (infamous interception) and #51 Lofa Tatupu (rookie linebacker standout)...BAM! BOOF! POW! Thwack! :hyper:

I mean, what young aspiring careers; each of them fresh from National championship teams right into the Super Bowl...:up:

Last edited:
oh, i thought i heard that Seattle was favorite....and I thought that was odd.

thanks for keeping me in line:wink:

Pittsburgh by 7

I think it will be one of those games where it comes down to the last possession

The real question is, who will win Bud Bowl?

Bye weeks suck.

Well, I guess they're good for people hosting or attending the Super Bowl. But for everyone else, they suck.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
they should at least put something on this weekend to entertain me... like a third place game between the losers or something. what the hell am i supposed to do sunday now?

Thankfully there is a wine expo in Boston:drool: :drool:

I am taking the Steelers by 9, with at least one TD scored by Bettis (just so we can see his 'rents again:wink: )

Hewson said:
I need some help fixing up the house I bought. Come on down.
Lunch is on me.

How many of your limbs did you have to sell to finance the new house?

zumanity42 said:

i don't expect an upset, but do expect the hype to make pittsburg 7+ point favorites by kickoff...

seattle will keep it close...
There is no way the line gets to 7. (Well no way barring Hasselbeck or Alexandar being caught with hookers and cocaine in Detroit and being suspended)
It may top out at 5 to 5.5, then late money will drop it back to around 4.

speedracer said:

How many of your limbs did you have to sell to finance the new house?
5 arms (both mine, both wife's and one of the baby's), 3 legs (no they didn't get my 3rd leg) and one wing from the parakeet.

Mr. BAW said:
They won't go head to head but I can't wait to see the play of former USC Trojans Troy Palamalu #43 (infamous interception) and #51 Lofa Tatupu (rookie linebacker standout)...BAM! BOOF! POW! Thwack! :hyper:

I mean, what young aspiring careers; each of them fresh from National championship teams right into the Super Bowl...:up:

That is going to be fun. Troy P is one of my favorite Trojans ever. Guy is scary good. The fact that Lofa is so dominant as a rookie, just goes to show that the combine does not tell all. I try not to think about what would have happenned if Lofa had stayed for his senior year, cause then I get a little sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom