The NFL Thread Part IV: Super Bowl Edition. - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:07 AM
Well, I don't agree with your point of them cooling down because of time off, because Seattle has the same amount of time to wait as well, and I'd say they are peaking at the right time also. It's not luck - you want to peak now. That's the whole point. The Colts peaked too early, and it cost them. The Steelers peaked at the right time, and deserve to be there.

That being said, I'm still going with Seattle in an upset. So I agree with you there.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:59 AM   #107
Blue Crack Addict

But the difference is, Seattle was solidly good anyway, while Pittsburgh's success was due to a hot streak that kicked in at the right time. They played above their heads. That was what was responsible for their run more than their actual talent. Take that away and Seattle is the better team. They will win, unless they commit a lot of stupid mistakes.

Old 02-05-2006, 11:03 AM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

Actually, Pittsburgh was solid for most of the year. They had a bad stretch in the middle when Big Ben was hurt, and the only reason they were a #6 seed was because the AFC was much tougher than the NFC. I don't think they've played above their heads at all - they were in the AFC championship game last year. They certainly are talented.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:22 AM   #109
War Child

Local Time: 03:07 AM
Alright I just went for Seattle and the under after finding out Dad went to Vegas. So I am hoping for a couple of filed goals and a lot of choking by both QBs

Just for the record I hate it when the PAts are not in the Superbowl...God am I bored this year!!
Old 02-05-2006, 11:33 AM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I have to go with the known quantity here -- Pittsburgh has beaten great teams this season, while Seattle hasn't.

I see Hasslebeck having one of those 22-for-40, 230 yards, 0 or 1 TD-type games because his receivers can't get open for good yards against Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh 20, Seattle 17.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:35 AM   #111
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

Have you watched football at all this year...?
Don't mock me---lol. I've watched every Seahawks game. Grew up with them and am a huge fan. Maybe, I'm biased, but I doubt it.

If Seattle avoids special teams blunders, they win handily. They match-up too well with the Steelers. I think they'll handle Pitts. defensive tricks because they've had 2 weeks to prepare for them and have an experienced offense that's been together awhile now.

Also, Seattle's defense will surprise again. Like they did vs. Carolina. Pitt. thinks they'll be able to run on an undersized defense. They'll be wrong. I predict that Pitt. will revert to form in this game and try to out-tough Seattle. Big Mistake!!

Pitt. is a fastball-curveball team. They've gotten hot on offense by starting off games with curveballs (play-action, counter-action and trick plays). To their credit, they've become a little more unpredictable in that sense. This game will be different because they can't take a 'nothing-to-lose' approach that they've been riding for awhile. There's alot to lose here and that will make Pitt. revert back to their more predictable and safe form.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #112
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by U2DMfan

I think Aikman is the modern day Bradshaw, a better than average, capable QB who won titles.

He's not better than Esiason or Simms, IMO.

Aikman is superior to those guys. Being the leader of one of the top 3 teams of the last 20 years is nothing to scoff at. Sure, he had better guys around him, but having better guys demands that you step up big and Aikman did that hands down.

Simms did, too. It's just that because of injuries he didn't show it enough to be part of a dynasty like Aikman did. So Simms comes up short in this comparison. I also think Aikman was superior to Simms and Esiason just on raw ablilty. Aikman was more able to tailor his game to fit an elite team than those two were.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2DMfan
The Hall of Fame class was interesting.

I think Aikman is the modern day Bradshaw, a better than average, capable QB who won titles.

He's not better than Esiason or Simms, IMO.
The QB position is the most important in football. If you win three Super Bowl titles, you deserve to be there, and you sure as hell are a better than average quarterback.

Esiasion and Simms? Yeah, they were good QBs, but the same as Aikman? I don't think so. Simms won one, yes (and was part of another although Hostetler was the QB), and perhaps he'll be in one day, but Esiason? Sorry, I don't agree. And this is coming from someone who never cared for Aikman.

It's the same argument being made about Brady today. The guy has won three Super Bowls, but doesn't always have the flashy stats that someone like Manning has.

I'll take Brady and Aikman with their three SB wins over guys with good stats but choke when it counts the most.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:02 PM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'd like Pittsburgh to win but I think Seattle will in the end...

should be fun to watch though
Old 02-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #115
Refugee

I'm suffering from an overdose of Polamalu. He's a great player, but cut his hair and he's no better than Ed Reed, Roy Williams, or Darren Sharper.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #116
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
But the difference is, Seattle was solidly good anyway, while Pittsburgh's success was due to a hot streak that kicked in at the right time. They played above their heads. That was what was responsible for their run more than their actual talent. Take that away and Seattle is the better team. They will win, unless they commit a lot of stupid mistakes.
the differnce is that the colts are a bunch of pussies. they by far have the most talent in the NFL, but they're a bunch of whiney little bitches.

pittsburgh doesn't have the talent that indy has, but they have the one thing that indianapolis is missing... toughness. if peyton manning didn't shit his pants every time a blitz came his way and actually stood in the pocket, took the hit and just made the pass, maybe the colts would be playing right now.

and none of what i wrote above is be "picking on you."

that you're selling pittsburgh short is making me want to switch my pick and go with the steelers again.

now that was me picking on you. neener neener neener.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:48 PM   #117
Blue Crack Addict

BTW, Headache - you missed an interesting time Friday night in the you-know-what thread.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #118
Blue Crack Addict

Shannon's boozed already!
Old 02-05-2006, 03:37 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

27-17 seattle wins
Old 02-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #120
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

seattle is going to win

peyton is still a pussah

tom brady will still be at the superbowl.