The NFL Thread Part IV: Super Bowl Edition.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you cant tell me that the fix isnt in for these games

seattle has had soooo many bad calls against them

Nice TD pass off a reverse. Almost makes up for how craptacular the rest of the game has been so far.

ljclary said:
anyone want to say horse collar?!?!?!!? This is crap.....

Horse-collar tackles are not banned close to the line of scrimmage, from what I understand.

A lot of questionable calls, but the only ones I think were clearly wrong were the PI against Darrell Jackson and the below-the-waist hit on Hasselbeck.

Chizip said:
you cant tell me that the fix isnt in for these games

seattle has had soooo many bad calls against them

That holding penalty after Stevens caught the ball to put the ball at the 1 was very questionable. Even Madden said he coudln't see the holding. That call totally changed the game. Seattle would have scored to take a 17-14 lead if they don't call holding.

i think the holding call on their first TD pass was very questionable

the holding call where he caught it at the one was very questionable

the pass interference on the TD was very questionable

ben was not in the endzone on that TD

the personal foul penalty on hassleback was ridiculously bad, he was making the tackle

the fumble call on hassleback was terrible, which at least got overturned due to replay

just so many bad calls, all against seattle. i dont care who wins this game, but such poor officiating taints the game.

like joe said, just that one bad holding call completely changed the game, and thats sad to see.

speedracer said:
Nice TD pass off a reverse. Almost makes up for how craptacular the rest of the game has been so far.

Oh surprise Pitt is running the reverse....this was a snooooooooozer of a game.....and i lost money.......ZZZZZZZZZZ

joerags said:

That holding penalty after Stevens caught the ball to put the ball at the 1 was very questionable. Even Madden said he coudln't see the holding. That call totally changed the game. Seattle would have scored to take a 17-14 lead if they don't call holding.

I disagree -- I thought the Steelers LB was getting torqued down to the ground on the play and would have had the sack if the block had been clean.

This was a pathetic game, in my opinion. I'm still not a conspiracy theorist like Chizip is, but all the bad calls went against Seattle in this game. There's always going to be questionable calls, but some of these were so bad it was hysterical.

The game was really slow,there were alot of bad calls,but some great passes & touchdowns.

I'm a Steeler's fan,I'm glad they won,but i agree some of the calls were really bad [in favor of the steelers]

Chizip said:
like joe said, just that one bad holding call completely changed the game, and thats sad to see.

I know it's me and nobody takes me seriously, but I have been trying to say this for ages. It's true, but sad. I've seen it happen way too many times. Even just one bad holding call can take the wind out of a team at the wrong time and cost them momentum, or a score they needed to get back into it before it's too late. Officiating is a joke, it has been for years.

Boy, the Superbowl really lives up to it's name every 5th or 6th year, unfortunately, this wasn't one of those years. Glad I didn't waste a ton of money on that fiasco.

phanan said:
This was a pathetic game, in my opinion. I'm still not a conspiracy theorist like Chizip is, but all the bad calls went against Seattle in this game. There's always going to be questionable calls, but some of these were so bad it was hysterical.

I hate to agree...but I SO AGREE!!!!

U2Kitten said:

I know it's me and nobody takes me seriously, but I have been trying to say this for ages. It's true, but sad. I've seen it happen way too many times. Even just one bad holding call can take the wind out of a team at the wrong time and cost them momentum, or a score they needed to get back into it before it's too late. Officiating is a joke, it has been for years.

Funny you say that b/c sooooooooooooo many calls go for the Colts....give me on reason Mr. Manning deserves to be the NFL player of the year and I will shut up......

ljclary said:

Funny you say that b/c sooooooooooooo many calls go for the Colts....give me on reason Mr. Manning deserves to be the NFL player of the year and I will shut up......

The recent Colts playoff game was the only time I've ever seen bad calls go in the Colts' favor, but I do admit they were bad.

The Colts have suffered a lot because of bad calls, especially losing the 95-96 AFC Championship to the Steelers because of very blatant calls where a Steeler was given a TD and another long pass to the 2 when he was CLEARLY all the way out of bounds. This is on tape if you can find a copy of it. This game was instrumental in bringing back instant replay (for all the good it's done)

It's not just teams I like or teams I hate. It always happens, to a lot of teams. Whether I care about them or not, it's wrong, and inept. I know people who are completely sure the NFL is rigged and works out to a script. I don't go that far, but I do think it happens in certain games, and I do believe certain officials let their personal feelings sway them. Of course some may just be stupid.

I can't be unhappy about th Steelers winning when I think of my mother sitting there today with her chemo-bald head wearing her Steelers shirt while she watched the game.

speedracer said:

I disagree -- I thought the Steelers LB was getting torqued down to the ground on the play and would have had the sack if the block had been clean.

It looked like it started out as holding, but that lineman adjusted quickly and was careful not to make it look obviously holding. That lineman did enough to disrupt that defensive end's rush.

The Steelers won this game on three big plays:

The 37-yard completion after Ben pulled up just before crossing the line of scrimmage, which set up his own questionable TD run.
Parker's big TD run.
The gadget TD pass.

But give the Steelers credit. They won as the No. 6 seed. That's unfathomable. Usually, No. 6 seeds have 8-8 records and get smoked in the first round. But this Steelers team was 11-5 at the end of regular season. They won their last eight games.

This is deja vu.

In 2001, the Patriots were 5-5, won their final six to finish 11-5 and then won the Super Bowl.
Steelers were 7-5, won their last four games to finish 11-5 and won the Super Bowl.

Could this be the start of a Steelers' dynasty?

:hmm:

ljclary said:

Oh surprise Pitt is running the reverse....this was a snooooooooozer of a game.....and i lost money.......ZZZZZZZZZZ

I thought the game had a lot of momentum swings, which made it interesting. No offense, but true football fans would have thought the game was decent overall, even though both teams were far from perfect, which is usually the case for most NFL games.

joerags said:

The conspiracy shit is old gentlemen.
How about missed field goals changing the game? :eyebrow:

Boring game, boring commercials. At least I got to watch my friends race to see how many White Castles they could eat in one minute. (5 was the winner. :yuck: )

WildHoneyAlways said:

The conspiracy shit is old gentlemen.
How about missed field goals changing the game? :eyebrow:

Boring game, boring commercials. At least I got to watch my friends race to see how many White Castles they could eat in one minute. (5 was the winner. :yuck: )

Conspiracy theories never get old. I mean, we still don't know who shot JFK.

Chizip said:
i think the holding call on their first TD pass was very questionable

the holding call where he caught it at the one was very questionable

the pass interference on the TD was very questionable

ben was not in the endzone on that TD

the personal foul penalty on hassleback was ridiculously bad, he was making the tackle

the fumble call on hassleback was terrible, which at least got overturned due to replay

just so many bad calls, all against seattle. i dont care who wins this game, but such poor officiating taints the game.

Is there a single football game that ever occurs where you don't bitch about the refs? :eyebrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom