The NFL Thread Part IV: Super Bowl Edition. - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #406
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:41 AM
espn radio had me rolling this morning... whoever was on the air was said something like "the cardinals can look great on paper, they can look great in the locker room, look great coming out of the tunnel, and then the whistle blows, and so do the cardinals."

had me rolling.

then some guy from arizona called up and said "the news that edgerin james signed with arizona shocked me 'cause i didn't know that he was washed up."

the cardinals were 8th in the NFL in offense last year... 8th in the NFL in defense... and finished 5-11.

Old 03-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #407
Blue Crack Distributor

espn radio had me rolling this morning... whoever was on the air was said something like "the cardinals can look great on paper, they can look great in the locker room, look great coming out of the tunnel, and then the whistle blows, and so do the cardinals."

had me rolling.

then some guy from arizona called up and said "the news that edgerin james signed with arizona shocked me 'cause i didn't know that he was washed up."

the cardinals were 8th in the NFL in offense last year... 8th in the NFL in defense... and finished 5-11.

Old 03-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #408
Blue Crack Addict

Jamal Lewis is going back to the Ravens, even after they signed Mike Anderson.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #409
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

According to Givens' agent, the report is false and he's still visiting Houston. Although I wish it was true. Perhaps the Pats have made a decent offer and he's still going to Houston to see what the Texans have to say.
Sadly, it looks like Givens is going to go to Tennessee unless something drastic occurs today to change his mind...
Old 03-14-2006, 02:50 PM   #410
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:41 PM
Miami gets Dante and the 'Aints get Drew Brees. What does this mean for Matt Leinart?

I'm hoping it means Tennessee or New York.

Count me in as one perplexed at Edgerin James move. He must really be unhappy to go to such a crappy team.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #411
Blue Crack Addict

The Cards' offense will be loaded with weapons now with former MVP Warner at QB (clearly not what he was 6 years ago, but still capable), Fake Edge at RB, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin at WR.
If they get any defense at all, they are gonna battle Seattle for the NFC west title while the Rams and Niners battle for the 2007 #1 overall pick.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:06 PM   #412
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by trojanchick99
Miami gets Dante and the 'Aints get Drew Brees. What does this mean for Matt Leinart?

I'm hoping it means Tennessee or New York.

Count me in as one perplexed at Edgerin James move. He must really be unhappy to go to such a crappy team.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW on Jan. 12, 2006
What if Tennessee trades up to get Leinart back with Norm Chow and Jeff Fisher...?
Well its not a trade up but it may happen...
Old 03-14-2006, 03:38 PM   #413
Blue Crack Addict

Wow, that just created a major shift in the draft, didn't it?

Very interesting...

And Philip Rivers will actually get to play now. I'm curious to see how he does.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:35 PM   #414
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
The Cards' offense will be loaded with weapons now with former MVP Warner at QB (clearly not what he was 6 years ago, but still capable), Fake Edge at RB, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin at WR.
If they get any defense at all, they are gonna battle Seattle for the NFC west title while the Rams and Niners battle for the 2007 #1 overall pick.
Pleeeeeeeeease

Give me Holt, Bruce, Bulger, Jackson, Davis over those chumps any day

And the Rams retooled defense just has to be middle of the road and they will do just fine this year
Old 03-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #415
Blue Crack Distributor

the cardinals certainly look good on paper... but, alas, they're still the fearsome st. lou...err... arizona cardinals.

they'll find someway to blow it.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:33 AM   #416
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:41 PM
I think the Brees deal certainly lends itself to New Orleans trading that pick down, to anyone willing to deal up with a nice package.

if that's only trading down a few spots, some team is going to make a move for Leinart or Vince, you just have to believe so.

The Saints have needs on defense, the value at #2 for defense, looks like maybe a stretch at this point, so it sounds like they might be dealing.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:43 AM   #417
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

had me rolling.

those are hilarious calls.

Cards were also #1 is pass offense, if I remember right and played in a weak ass division, in clearly the weaker conference and still went 5-11. Suckology.

Bill Bidwell is just doomed. He never payed anybody in St Louis, moved to Arizona hoping to dupe people, stayed in that stadium too long, didn't really start paying for free agents until the TV money starting getting bigger, then he started signing all those wastes, now he has a competent coach, a new stadium and who would bet against them still sucking the big one? I wouldn't.

At least Cincy had a history of winning.
The Cardinals are just a lost cause, in general.
Can they be better? Maybe, what is better, 8-8?
Give them back some of those high draft picks, Andre Wentworth, David Boston, I'm looking at you, and maybe it makes a little more sense, at least they'd have the value. They wasted a lot of high picks. And what does DG do last year? JJ Arrington.
Maybe, he ends up being a great back, I doubt it.
They think so highly of him they just shot their wad for Edge.

I don't mean to be so hard, but I know people from Phoenix who have filled me full of stories on Bidwell and his bufoonery.
Hell, they have Kurt Warner and even the hapless Giants let his grocery sacking ass go. (for you headache )
Old 03-15-2006, 08:46 AM   #418
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

And the Rams retooled defense just has to be middle of the road and they will do just fine this year
They have a legit shot at 5 wins.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #419
Blue Crack Addict

You know, I understand and appreciate how the Patriots go about doing things in the offseason, but I'm starting to get a bit annoyed that they aren't trying harder to keep certain people around. I can understand David Givens, but to let Willie McGinest go is a crime.

And now Adam Vinatieri is visiting Green Bay this week. If we lose him too, I'm really gonna start to get pissed.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:02 PM   #420
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
They have a legit shot at 5 wins.
ill take the over on that

hell they won 6 games last year with no coach and no qb and a defense in shambles