The NFL Thread Part IV: Super Bowl Edition.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edgerrin James is leaving the high-powered Colts and bolting to the Cardinals. The free-agent running back signed a four-year, $30 million deal Sunday. His immediate bonuses total $11.5 million

Randel El also signs with the Red Skins

well the redskins certainly have an impressive group of widerecievers... they still have a 50 year old QB to get it to 'em.

as for james, i dunno... i woulda stayed indy myself. despite peyton proving once again that he's a pansy, i still have to believe manning has a better chance of bringing home a title than kurt warner.

The Houston Chronicle is reporting that the Pats have resigned David Givens. I think he's a guy that most Pats fans had written off, but it's huge that's he going to be staying.

randhail said:
The Houston Chronicle is reporting that the Pats have resigned David Givens. I think he's a guy that most Pats fans had written off, but it's huge that's he going to be staying.

According to Givens' agent, the report is false and he's still visiting Houston. Although I wish it was true. Perhaps the Pats have made a decent offer and he's still going to Houston to see what the Texans have to say.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
well the redskins certainly have an impressive group of widerecievers... they still have a 50 year old QB to get it to 'em.

as for james, i dunno... i woulda stayed indy myself. despite peyton proving once again that he's a pansy, i still have to believe manning has a better chance of bringing home a title than kurt warner.
Career Superbowl victories: Warner 1, Manning 0
SuperBowl appearances: Warner 2, Manning 0.

:wink:

Isn't McCown a free agent? I think he's as good as gone.

And I'd have to say that Edge definitely took the pressure off of Manning more than the other way around, and if the Colts end up with an abysmal running game this year, I see Manning struggling, as he did when James was hurt a few years back.

He'd had enough of losing so headed to the promised land...Arizona...err...so his thinking may have been guided a bit more by money than the elusive ring.

It's not about the money. It's about respect. Or something like that.

espn radio had me rolling this morning... whoever was on the air was said something like "the cardinals can look great on paper, they can look great in the locker room, look great coming out of the tunnel, and then the whistle blows, and so do the cardinals."

had me rolling.

then some guy from arizona called up and said "the news that edgerin james signed with arizona shocked me 'cause i didn't know that he was washed up."

the cardinals were 8th in the NFL in offense last year... 8th in the NFL in defense... and finished 5-11.

espn radio had me rolling this morning... whoever was on the air was said something like "the cardinals can look great on paper, they can look great in the locker room, look great coming out of the tunnel, and then the whistle blows, and so do the cardinals."

had me rolling.

then some guy from arizona called up and said "the news that edgerin james signed with arizona shocked me 'cause i didn't know that he was washed up."

the cardinals were 8th in the NFL in offense last year... 8th in the NFL in defense... and finished 5-11.

phanan said:

According to Givens' agent, the report is false and he's still visiting Houston. Although I wish it was true. Perhaps the Pats have made a decent offer and he's still going to Houston to see what the Texans have to say.

Sadly, it looks like Givens is going to go to Tennessee unless something drastic occurs today to change his mind...

The Cards' offense will be loaded with weapons now with former MVP Warner at QB (clearly not what he was 6 years ago, but still capable), Fake Edge at RB, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin at WR.
If they get any defense at all, they are gonna battle Seattle for the NFC west title while the Rams and Niners battle for the 2007 #1 overall pick.

trojanchick99 said:
Miami gets Dante and the 'Aints get Drew Brees. What does this mean for Matt Leinart?

I'm hoping it means Tennessee or New York.

Count me in as one perplexed at Edgerin James move. He must really be unhappy to go to such a crappy team.

Mr. BAW on Jan. 12 said:
What if Tennessee trades up to get Leinart back with Norm Chow and Jeff Fisher...?

Well its not a trade up but it may happen...:hmm:

Hewson said:
The Cards' offense will be loaded with weapons now with former MVP Warner at QB (clearly not what he was 6 years ago, but still capable), Fake Edge at RB, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin at WR.
If they get any defense at all, they are gonna battle Seattle for the NFC west title while the Rams and Niners battle for the 2007 #1 overall pick.

Pleeeeeeeeease

Give me Holt, Bruce, Bulger, Jackson, Davis over those chumps any day

And the Rams retooled defense just has to be middle of the road and they will do just fine this year

I think the Brees deal certainly lends itself to New Orleans trading that pick down, to anyone willing to deal up with a nice package.

if that's only trading down a few spots, some team is going to make a move for Leinart or Vince, you just have to believe so.

The Saints have needs on defense, the value at #2 for defense, looks like maybe a stretch at this point, so it sounds like they might be dealing.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

had me rolling.

those are hilarious calls.

Cards were also #1 is pass offense, if I remember right and played in a weak ass division, in clearly the weaker conference and still went 5-11. Suckology.

Bill Bidwell is just doomed. He never payed anybody in St Louis, moved to Arizona hoping to dupe people, stayed in that stadium too long, didn't really start paying for free agents until the TV money starting getting bigger, then he started signing all those wastes, now he has a competent coach, a new stadium and who would bet against them still sucking the big one? I wouldn't.

At least Cincy had a history of winning.
The Cardinals are just a lost cause, in general.
Can they be better? Maybe, what is better, 8-8?
Give them back some of those high draft picks, Andre Wentworth, David Boston, I'm looking at you, and maybe it makes a little more sense, at least they'd have the value. They wasted a lot of high picks. And what does DG do last year? JJ Arrington.
Maybe, he ends up being a great back, I doubt it.
They think so highly of him they just shot their wad for Edge.

I don't mean to be so hard, but I know people from Phoenix who have filled me full of stories on Bidwell and his bufoonery.
Hell, they have Kurt Warner and even the hapless Giants let his grocery sacking ass go. (for you headache :wink: )

Last edited:
You know, I understand and appreciate how the Patriots go about doing things in the offseason, but I'm starting to get a bit annoyed that they aren't trying harder to keep certain people around. I can understand David Givens, but to let Willie McGinest go is a crime.

And now Adam Vinatieri is visiting Green Bay this week. If we lose him too, I'm really gonna start to get pissed.

Hewson said:
They have a legit shot at 5 wins.

ill take the over on that

hell they won 6 games last year with no coach and no qb and a defense in shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom