The NFL Draft Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lions.gif

the lions have traded their pick to...

browns.gif

who select...

osuwinslowtd.jpg

Kellen Winslow Jr., TE, Miami of Florida... one would think Kellen won't be calling himself a soldier again anytime soon.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
The Trade Is Complete

chargers.gif

a_rivers_i.jpg

Phillip Rivers, QB, NC State & Giants 3rd round pick this year, 1st and 5th round next year also going to San Diego.

giants.gif

92104_Eli-Manning-H.JPG

Eli Manning, QB, Ole Miss, to your New York Football Giants

That's what I thought would happen :applaud:

Thank you very much for these cool updates with pics and helmets. :up: :bow: I don't have ESPN anymore!

Headache in a Suitcase said:

falcons2.jpg

hall.jpg

Deangelo Hall, CB, Virginia Tech

Whoo! This is our hometown boy here, I was hoping he'd go high! Deep Creek High! :up:

Eli wont be as good as Peyton... Giants got fleeced I think, especially if they plan on having a rookie QB starting next year, chances are their first round pick next year will be fairly high but probably not as high

it's only not worth it if eli turns out to be a bust. if he turns out to be even close to as talented as his brother, then it's a good move. if he turns out to be as good or better, it's a steal.

wait and see...

the way the nfl is now, ya never really know... you're 12-4 one year, 4-12 the next. the level of parity is so high that a couple of new faces and a new attitude can take you from the basement to the super bowl, and then back again.

Last edited:
So while driving home last night at 1:30 a.m. and feeling pretty sleepy, I suddenly woke up when I hear some guy on Fox Sports radio speculating that Marshall Faulk is on his last legs, why else would the Rams draft Steven Jackson in the 1st round.

If true, I'm bummed to hear that. I watched Faulk run at SDSU. He's a complete stud. :|

If that's the case, I'd rather see Fault go out gracefully instead of opting for more pain and intense suffering a la Emmitt Smith...

Just the way, I think that Kobe (whether he knows it or not) is grooming Kareem Rush...Steve Jackson is one helluva a running back and he could fit Fault's mold nicely!

How could the Rams pass something like that up though? I give them credit...it gives them the option to trad one of the two...

if the rams really believe marshall faulk is on his last legs, i'd be more than happy to take him off their hands. we'll take marshall, and you guys can have tiki "i fumbled so much last year people started thinking i was actually ronde" barber, and we'll even toss in kerry collins and a bottle of southern comfort just for kicks.

Where are the rest of the picks, headcase? :mad: :wink:

The first player picked from the pathetic local University in my town (remember, I am NOT in Minnesota right now) appeared at the bar I was at last night with two "Barbies" in tow. SERIOUSLY...these two looked like freaking Barbie dolls. :puke:

I am still not sure why they were there - I mean, they weren't wearing black and if asked who "Postal Service" is, I am sure they would tell me they have jeeps and come everyday except Sunday.

oh wait, this is "put em under pressure" not "bang and clatter"

from Newsday.com
Kerry Collins wanted his future with the Giants resolved as soon as possible, so first thing Monday morning, he went to see general manager Ernie Accorsi at his Giants Stadium office. By the end of the conversation, Collins' days with the team effectively were over.

The quarterback said he left with impression that he would be released in the coming days.

Collins is due $7 million in salary for 2004 and the team was unable and unwilling to keep him at that price after trading for Mississippi quarterback Eli Manning Saturday.

Collins, 31, reported for the team's offseason conditioning program Monday morning and attended a meeting, then asked to see Accorsi in his office. Accorsi laid Collins' options for re-working his contract; Collins said he would not renegotiate, sealing his fate.

Accorsi did not specifically tell Collins what the team would do or when, but Collins had no illusions he would back. He left Giants Stadium for the last time as a Giant at 10 a.m.

"Obviously, I'm reflective about the past five years," Collins said. "It's been a great five years. At the same time, I'm looking forward to moving on."

Collins said he will begin exploring other options.

The smelling shit look

capt.msg10604241651.nfl_draft_chargers_msg106.jpg

The happy look

r2817689270.jpg

I am glad to see big bro refrained from posing in the first one. The Chargers might have put a price on his head if they play this year.

I remember a game, I think it was Halloween '88, where Elway came to play the Colts (by then in Indy) and they ripped him a new one. The crowd chanted El-way, all night and they lost like 55-10, this in a time when Denver was a good team and Indy wasn't so good. They hated him. Eli can expect the same or worse if he ever plays in SD :uhoh:

There will also always be competition between him and Rivers, and someday they might just meet in a Super Bowl. I read one story that said SD never even wanted Eli they used him as a bargaining tool to get more out of NY. But Headache I hope he works out for you in NY :yes: Like I said before, he's Peyton's baby bro and I want him to be happy.

the chargers are the bungles for the new century

they traded away the rights to michael vick for tomlinson and drew brees, then sat brees in his second season in favor of a 43 year old midget, rather than letting brees go through his lumps. they added david boston, a guy with a questionable work ethic who played for the cardinals, and now traded him away for nothing more than a 6th round draft pick. don't be surprised if boston ironicly has a turn around season this year in miami... if brees turns out to be a decent QB where ever they end up trading him to, and that tomlinson bounces out of town ala takeo spikes in cincy the second his contract is up.

Yes, it was the ineptitude of the organization that made Archie not want his boy there, more than the team's bad record. Of course, inept organization usually goes hand in hand with shitty record.

say what you will about the chargers, eli is still a piece of crap in my mind for what he did. its a draft, youre not a free agent, you are, or at least should be, subject to the draft much like everybody else and say , oh , i dont want to play for you because daddy doesnt like san diego. give me a break.

who WOULDNT want to play in san diego? it would be one of my friggin top choices if i had a pick where to play if i were to play a professional sport.

elis going to end up costing the giants in the long run, and choke in the playoffs much like peyton if he gets there. I still think they paid way too much... theres no way he'll even be as good as peyton. rivers will be a solid QB, and since Eli will start next year, a rookie QB starting doesnt equate usually into a good record, so chances are the first round pick next year will be fairly high that the chargers get out of it, so I think the chargers did mighty fine in this trade.

StlElevation said:
who WOULDNT want to play in san diego? it would be one of my friggin top choices if i had a pick where to play if i were to play a professional sport.

I am so with you on that.

Chargers have good loyal fans. The city has THE best weather in the country. And they could potentially build a team around him.

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom