The Next Best Thing: Who Is the Greatest Celebrity Impersonator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Galeongirl said:

that's the point, he MAKES impersonating Bono his job....

:rolleyes:

I'm curious to see what you guys think about U2 tribute bands, seeing as how they are paid to look and sound exaactly U2. :huh:
I'll let you talk to gabrielvox about that one, though. :wink:

But it's nice to see that some members of this forum can just ignore the warnings (2) about bashing Pavel. I wonder if this is some kind of loophole. :hmm:

It's also nice to see so many people harboring so much loathing for a guy that has done nothing to them before. :hug:

:heart: People :heart:

PlaTheGreat said:

But it's nice to see that some members of this forum can just ignore the warnings (2) about bashing Pavel. I wonder if this is some kind of loophole. :hmm:

Nope, there's no loophole. Everyone needs to follow the same rules. Otherwise, this thread is gonna get up getting closed.

I didn't even watch the show, so I don't have anything else to add, really. Are there any other contestants that were on the show that anybody wants to switch discussion to? Or just discussion on the show in general? Because that would probably be the best move.

Bonochick said:

Nope, there's no loophole. Everyone needs to follow the same rules. Otherwise, this thread is gonna get up getting closed.

I didn't even watch the show, so I don't have anything else to add, really. Are there any other contestants that were on the show that anybody wants to switch discussion to? Or just discussion on the show in general? Because that would probably be the best move.

the only good contestant that was worthy at all was the lady who did Lucy. She was spot on.. very good.. and obviously made it to the next round. I watched off and on and she was the only highlight if you could call it that.

Galeongirl said:

that's the point, he MAKES impersonating Bono his job....

:rolleyes:

and this is one of the many reasons I'm glad I can't view american tv channels....

if you're disinterested in pavel and/or the things he does to the point that you're glad that you cannot watch american tv channels, why do you post about him in a thread on the internet then?

I just hope all the pro-impersonator people can keep their admirable goals and ideals when it comes to the real deal too. :hmm:

U2girl said:
I just hope all the pro-impersonator people can keep their admirable goals and ideals when it comes to the real deal too. :hmm:

what if we think the pavel guy is kind of a jerk for intentionally trying to mislead people, but yet think the hatred for the guy is way over the top?

does that mean we can call Bono a jerk without the Bono defender patrol freaking out?

Please stop talking about Pavel, or this thread is going to be closed.

I hate to seem snippy and so restrictive, but that's pretty much what it's come down to.

Chizip said:
can we talk about his performance on the show?

No. I think he's been covered enough in this thread. Focus on some of the other contestants or just discuss the idea of such a show in general.

Bonochick said:
Please stop talking about Pavel, or this thread is going to be closed.

I hate to seem snippy and so restrictive, but that's pretty much what it's come down to.

BC,

I really tried to redirect this discussion.. But guess it didn't work.. :shrug:

I know I certainly have moved on about 'it'...:|

PlaTheGreat said:

I'm curious to see what you guys think about U2 tribute bands, seeing as how they are paid to look and sound exaactly U2. :huh:
I'll let you talk to gabrielvox about that one, though. :wink:

I don't see any similarity whatsoever. Let me think... :hmm: ....nope, sorry.

:lol:

besides a long time ago we stopped Edgy from signing autographs as "The Edge" after he admitted it was just a ploy to get laid :mac:

:wink:

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
Let's take bets as to how soon the show will get cancelled.

I say after one more airing.

I have to agree with you. I don't think this show will last to even see a winner.

To try to answer the question that started the thread:

The Greatest Celebrity Impersonator would have to be Fat Elvis who performs at the Barbary Coast on the Las Vegas strip. He does 2 shows a day and he's great. He's also so fat he has to sit on a thing that is like a cross between a double adirondack(sp.) chair and a parkbench. His voice is unbelievable at times though.
He's what Elvis would be today had the drugs not killed him but he'd kept a steady diet of fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches up.

God I hope there is never a FAT BONO out in Vegas. That would be too much for my heart to bear.:lol:

Oh and now that I have read about the guy on the show last night I am glad I missed it after all.

Chizip said:

does that mean we can call Bono a jerk without the Bono defender patrol freaking out?

If you want to post "Bono is a jerk" or start a thread with that title...fire away. If you assume the right to do that, people can also assume to right to respond to that. :shrug: And, yes, that will likely include people getting riled up. You can't censor who replies to your threads.

Going to a _____ (insert band name forum) and saying "_____ (insert band's singer) is a jerk" is one of the surefire ways to rile people on the forum. I don't think it's just a Bono/U2 phenomemon: try going to murmurs.com and post "Michael Stipe is a jerk" or go to Pearl Jam's biggest forum and post "Eddie Vedder is an asshole". You think "defender patrol" doesn't exist there ?

longingforBono said:
To try to answer the question that started the thread:

The Greatest Celebrity Impersonator would have to be Fat Elvis who performs at the Barbary Coast on the Las Vegas strip. He does 2 shows a day and he's great. He's also so fat he has to sit on a thing that is like a cross between a double adirondack(sp.) chair and a parkbench. His voice is unbelievable at times though.
He's what Elvis would be today had the drugs not killed him but he'd kept a steady diet of fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches up.

God I hope there is never a FAT BONO out in Vegas. That would be too much for my heart to bear.:lol:

Oh and now that I have read about the guy on the show last night I am glad I missed it after all.

BTW, he's actually "Big Elvis" not "fat Elvis" :)

U2girl said:

If you want to post "Bono is a jerk" or start a thread with that title...fire away. If you assume the right to do that, people can also assume to right to respond to that. :shrug: And, yes, that will likely include people getting riled up. You can't censor who replies to your threads.

Going to a _____ (insert band name forum) and saying "_____ (insert band's singer) is a jerk" is one of the surefire ways to rile people on the forum. I don't think it's just a Bono/U2 phenomemon: try going to murmurs.com and post "Michael Stipe is a jerk" or go to Pearl Jam's biggest forum and post "Eddie Vedder is an asshole". You think "defender patrol" doesn't exist there ?

as someone who posts on a pearl jam forum from time to time... if the band does something that some consider to be lame (like, perhaps having some guy in sunglasses make a bunch of lame lyric changes to a neil young cover), they're called upon... some disagre, of course, and they voice their opinion... those who say "damn that version of rockin' in the free world with bono was f'ing LAAAAAAAME" aren't crucified there the way those who might say something like, oh i dunno, "bono going on american idol was incredibly laaaaaaaaame"

yes, i know... there are some who do it on purpose, there are some who are just unreasonable and seem to insult every last thing u2 does, no matter what it is... but there are some who just have a problem here and there with some of the things the band does, voices them, and would like to be able to voice them without the "bono is the greatest human being of all time he's never done anything wrong in his life" crowd from jumping all over it.

Okay, let's clarify...

We aren't to talk about the Bono impersonator anymore.

That means that Bono isn't even remotely related to this thread.

Discuss other aspects of the show, or else this thread doesn't need to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom