The New World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
I hope this film does history justice and does not focus too much on the romance.

left.jpg

newworld_movieweb3.jpg

newworld_ev1.jpg

newworld_os6.jpg

http://www.thenewworldmovie.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402399

I saw the trailer for this last night and immediately wanted to see it. I love these kinds of films tho I agree, I hope the filmmaker will do the historic aspec of the film more justice than the romantic part of it which would be purely entertainment. I hope someone sees it soon and posts their review.

Yes, it looks good

I read an article yesterday about the girl who stars in it, she is Jewel's second cousin

She was only 14 at the time and her first kisses in life were Colin Farrell and Christian Bale

If you can get past Farrell's poor performance (seriously, how many more chances is this guy going to get?), the film is exceptional. Many will complain about its lethargic pace but I found this only serves to draw you in and take in the full sense of wonder onscreen. It's very strange. Not much happens a lot of the time, but you can't take your eyes off it. Like most Malick offerings, I guess.

Christian Bale is terrifically understated.

I have been waiting to see this film. I have been feeling under the weather and will call in sick friday so I can go see it. :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:
Yes, it looks good

I read an article yesterday about the girl who stars in it, she is Jewel's second cousin

She was only 14 at the time and her first kisses in life were Colin Farrell and Christian Bale

her "Whale Rider"

film is outstanding

she was really young then

Alot of it was shot right around where I live, and considering the 400th anniversary of Jamestown is coming up next year and this area will be crawling with tourists because of it and the film, I may as well go see it :shrug:

whale Rider was a great film. To bad the young girl did not win an Oscar, She deserved it. I cried when she gave that speech.:sad:

The actress in The New World is not the same actress who starred in Whale Rider. Is that what you guys are saying? :huh:

Anyway ...

I loathe Colin Farrell, but am very interested in seeing this movie.

could be interested movie, I'll see it when it will finally came out here!

personally, I like Colin Farrell -- he's a better actor of a lot I saw around lately.

This is really sad, IMO...

It is being released nationwide this Friday. Although I have not been able to buy tickets in advance. :sad:

One of his best performances was American Phsyco. He was also the young boy in Steven Spielbergs film "Empire of the Sun."

The film opening on Friday is supposedly drastically different from the one that played in Los Angeles & New York on Christmas (which I saw). The length has been trimmed about 15 minutes, and from what I've heard the relationships between the characters has been strengthened. I'm betting it's going to be a lot more accessible to the general public, but I'm sure there are many who will still find it boring as all hell.

Personally, the original cut was my #2 film for last year (right behind 2046); I found it to be a breathtaking film, and the kind you don't see too much of anymore. You have to go in with the mindset that you're not seeing a standard plot-driven movie, but rather going on a journey to another time and place. Let the images and narration wash over you, it's magical.

I am seeing it friday. I am taking the day off of work to go to my school and clear some things up and then off to see The New World. Have you seen The Thin Red Line?

I thought it was a beautiful movie, hypnotic in many ways - visually, the narration, the characters

It is definitely not action packed and if you're tired you might start to nod off like I did :wink: but it holds your interest in other ways. The guy leaving in front of me said "boring, boring, boring". I think many people have such short attention spans these days that they can't get into a movie like this.

I thought it needed more Christian Bale (he's barely in it), but for me the most amazing presence in the movie was Q'Orianka Kilcher-wow, she is something else

I think the focus is definitely on the romance, but the romance can also be seen as an allegory for the historical aspects - it was in the review I read in my local paper.

Both Christian Bale and Q'Orianka-Kilcher were Fantastic. Colin Farrel performce was better than the other crap he has been in.

Visuals again stunning for a Terrence Malik Film.

Justin24 said:
Both Christian Bale and Q'Orianka-Kilcher were Fantastic. Colin Farrel performce was better than the other crap he has been in.

Visuals again stunning for a Terrence Malik Film.

i have to agree
with your anaysis

I am not big fan of C Farrel
but this is the film I have liked him best in

and Terrence Malik films are all about the visual and atmosphere
and less heavy on plot and not typical action film.

a very good film
not for main stream action fans.

I've been looking forward t seeing this, I remember seeing the trailer way back when I saw Ray in the theaters...I for one am a fan of Malick at least from the movies of his that I own : Days of Heaven, Thin Red Line, & Badlands. Each is exceptional in its own unique way, and visually sensational as always. I'm hoping to really enjoy this movie, since it's been a while since I've seen something great in the theater.

Back
Top Bottom