The new workout plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
Just curious what everyone's workout regimen is.

Summer's coming up so it's time to stop being a fatty for me and get nice and tight.

We have a really nice workout facility here at my university so I try to take advantage of it. I work out either 4 or 5 days a week by running two miles on the indoor track, doing ab work, cooling down on the bike machines, and ending with 15 minutes on an elliptical.

Well, what do you do?

my workout plan consists of me trying to convince myself that campus is big enough and i do enough walking to make up for the total lack of inactivity in my spare time.

IWasBored said:
my workout plan consists of me trying to convince myself that campus is big enough and i do enough walking to make up for the total lack of inactivity in my spare time.

I was the same way, and since this campus was built on the side of a mountain more or less, I thought I was doing a good job of it. Then I ballooned up to around 168 last semester. :huh:

But now I'm back down to about 152-154 each day and feeling good. Finally seeing a bit of definition and just really feeling a lot more healthy when I wake up each morning.

inmyplace13 said:

I was the same way, and since this campus was built on the side of a mountain more or less, I thought I was doing a good job of it. Then I ballooned up to around 168 last semester. :huh:

But now I'm back down to about 152-154 each day and feeling good. Finally seeing a bit of definition and just really feeling a lot more healthy when I wake up each morning.

oh, i know it's not actually helping. i'm a fatass now. i lost about 15 pounds as a freshman (reverse freshmen 15!), but then i stopped playing sports, started eating meat again, and it's been all downhill from there. i gained back the weight, plus about 15-20 more pounds.

first step: find the university gym.

slight exaggeration, i know where it is. but it's literally on the other side of campus, and i'd probably walk over there and think if i walk back, that's enough exersize, i don't really need to go work out.

I'm feeling inspired to start up some kind of a workout because I've been so lethargic lately :| I'll use my university's facility, although it is not "really nice" as you say yours is. The pool is grand though. I'll probably start by running 1 mile maybe 2 on the indoor track. Anything more will depend on how the run goes.

Our university gym is rather detached from campus, there are shuttles that take you to/from.

I run every day that I possibly can it averages out to 5 days a week and I weight train at least 6 days a week though it's better called resistance training because the weights are light

a little yoga at the end of each workout

right now I'm eating cadbury mini eggs though :shh:

SLYMOVES.jpg

I do Tae Bo 3 times a week. One day I work out with the resistance bands for an hour. Than the next time I use weight balls w/a workout for an hour. The 3rd day is no weights but typically a flex or ab workout. Have lost weight and am shaping and toning up nicely from my regimen.

You could do some weight work for your arms. Excercise bike is good, but if you want an even better work out, that eliptical is a beast.

I've been sneaking into my college's weight room lately...even though I graduated 2 years ago. But now I officially lost my ID so I can't get in anymore. :(

45 - 60 minutes on the elliptical every night. Sometimes followed by 100-300 ab reps. Walking to and from school/work.

I prefer to bike 20 miles (outside, not stationary), but in Michigan you can only do that 5 months of the year. :mad:

Got Philk? said:
You could do some weight work for your arms.

Well, you and Chizzers have inspired me. When I get back down here after spring break I'm going to throw weight training into the mix. Most of the time I guess I'm just initimidated by all the completely huge fellas in the weight room. The last time I was in there I had a pretty rough time lifting what they would warm up with.

I'm not really intimidated, I just never got into weights. I guess now's the time

When in doubt, you could always strip your way to fitness!

8947353.jpg

Haha...but seriously. I've heard some good things about something called "8 minute abs." I've been recommended to try it by someone whose wrestling team uses it, because he says it works better than other, longer techniques they used.

Melon

inmyplace13 said:

I'm not really intimidated, I just never got into weights. I guess now's the time

I used to be that way when I did gymnastics. We were very critical of weight lifting b/c it only adds extra bulk. Who cares how much I can bench as long as I can lift my entire body up over my head onto a bar from a dead hang? But I took a one-credit weight lifting class and now I like weights. I never go b/c it's so busy, but now that I know how to start, I'll probably go back at some point.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I prefer to bike 20 miles (outside, not stationary), but in Michigan you can only do that 5 months of the year. :mad:

i don't know, i bike in new england year-round and we get tons of snow/cold-ass temperatures.

my bike needs to be fixed, i haven't ridden it since sometime during the summer.

IWasBored said:

i don't know, i bike in new england year-round and we get tons of snow/cold-ass temperatures.

I wish I could, but no one around her shovels and even if they do, there's usually and inch of ice on the sidewalk. I can barely walk outside without wearing these funny things that go on your shoes for traction, let alone bike. Lake Effect snow (from Lake Michigan and Lake Superior) is not your usual winter snow storm. It's more like fine snow mixed with sheer ice/freezing rain pellets. :eek:

Plus, I feel really sick after two hours getting so hot when it's like 10 degrees outside.

Ah, lake effect snow--I spent a month in South Bend once during a lake-effect-laden winter and couldn't believe the difference from southern Indiana. Those whiteouts were something else.

yolland said:
Ah, lake effect snow--I spent a month in South Bend once during a lake-effect-laden winter and couldn't believe the difference from southern Indiana. Those whiteouts were something else.

Just consider yourself lucky it was only a month, and only South Bend :lol:

250px-LakeEffect-Superior-Michigan-EO.JPG

^ THIS is why I'm moving to sunny southern FLA. So I can enjoy my favorite outdoor sports and recreational activities year-round.

THIS is why I'm moving to sunny southern FLA. So I can enjoy my favorite outdoor sports and recreational activities year-round.
Are you really moving to Florida?! My mother lives there, and we've done several hiking trips around the state. I'd love to live there too...unfortunately academics don't have the greatest job mobility. :angry:

:hmm: Is South Bend considered the tropics compared to where you live or something? I had the impression much of the eastern shore was all one climate zone--though I can't really remember how far north you live...

(P.S. Apologies for the tangent...)

Last edited:
melon said:
When in doubt, you could always strip your way to fitness!

8947353.jpg

Haha...but seriously. I've heard some good things about something called "8 minute abs." I've been recommended to try it by someone whose wrestling team uses it, because he says it works better than other, longer techniques they used.

Melon

Fixed....

8947353.jpg

Just consider yourself lucky it was only a month, and only South Bend :lol:

only south bend?
hate to break it to you honey, but we get just about as much snow as you do... only like 3-5 inches less on average per year. I looked it up once.

more on topic... I don't really know much about exercise regimens... I swim about 3 hours a week, dance about 3 hours a week, and hike all around campus. I figure that's good enough.

inmyplace13 said:
Just curious what everyone's workout regimen is.you do?

does lifting a grilled chicken pita sandwhich from long john silvers to my mouth count?

i don't really need to work out residing in this God-forsaken county. i just walk about a 1/4 mile outside and sweat off all the calories i consumed for the day--and then some.

Kristie said:
only south bend?
hate to break it to you honey, but we get just about as much snow as you do... only like 3-5 inches less on average per year. I looked it up once.

Actually, you're only about an inch off. The thing w/ the Lake Effect storms is that they usually don't produce the massive amounts of snowfall that really contribute to the annual average. The past few years, we've had some shittastic ice/hail/freezing rain storms anywhere from October to the end of April. Buffalo, NY takes the cake when it comes to Lake Effect. They have my sympathy. One of the few places in the States I'd avoid more than West Michigan during the wintertime!

Right now I'm living in Boulder Colorado so I have some nice resources to use for working out:

Monday- Lift Chest and Tri's for 45 minutes then go into 60 minute spin class. Then work 7 hours.
Tuesday- Work 12 hours then at night do 15 miles stationary and lift shoulders.
Wedesday- Run Bear Peak if nice outside (3 hour Mountain Summet Run) or do 60 minute spin class if shitty outside.
Thursday- Work 12 hours, lift Back and Bi's at night
Friday- what ever I want usually lift legs with either a run or some biking last week I did some back country trail running for an hour or 2.
Saturday- work 9 hours and do not work out.
Sunday-either go trail running or go hiking. Soon it will be warm and I can hit Long's Peak. Its the closest 14,000 ft summit.
In between this I work on my MBA.

This is now in the summer I usually get more serious about working out.

Well, I'm debating on what to do right now. I need to lose some of this winter pudge that I've got or else I'm going to go crazy.

I either want to do yoga, kickboxing or work out at my work gym which has tons of stuff.

I'm also going to do some bike riding and rollerblading.

Back
Top Bottom