The new workout plan - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2006, 11:28 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:41 AM
When in doubt, you could always strip your way to fitness!

Haha...but seriously. I've heard some good things about something called "8 minute abs." I've been recommended to try it by someone whose wrestling team uses it, because he says it works better than other, longer techniques they used.

Melon

Old 03-08-2006, 12:35 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13

I'm not really intimidated, I just never got into weights. I guess now's the time
I used to be that way when I did gymnastics. We were very critical of weight lifting b/c it only adds extra bulk. Who cares how much I can bench as long as I can lift my entire body up over my head onto a bar from a dead hang? But I took a one-credit weight lifting class and now I like weights. I never go b/c it's so busy, but now that I know how to start, I'll probably go back at some point.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:52 AM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

I prefer to bike 20 miles (outside, not stationary), but in Michigan you can only do that 5 months of the year.

i don't know, i bike in new england year-round and we get tons of snow/cold-ass temperatures.

my bike needs to be fixed, i haven't ridden it since sometime during the summer.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:43 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored

i don't know, i bike in new england year-round and we get tons of snow/cold-ass temperatures.
I wish I could, but no one around her shovels and even if they do, there's usually and inch of ice on the sidewalk. I can barely walk outside without wearing these funny things that go on your shoes for traction, let alone bike. Lake Effect snow (from Lake Michigan and Lake Superior) is not your usual winter snow storm. It's more like fine snow mixed with sheer ice/freezing rain pellets.

Plus, I feel really sick after two hours getting so hot when it's like 10 degrees outside.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:47 AM   #20
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:41 AM
Ah, lake effect snow--I spent a month in South Bend once during a lake-effect-laden winter and couldn't believe the difference from southern Indiana. Those whiteouts were something else.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:51 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by yolland
Ah, lake effect snow--I spent a month in South Bend once during a lake-effect-laden winter and couldn't believe the difference from southern Indiana. Those whiteouts were something else.
Just consider yourself lucky it was only a month, and only South Bend

^ THIS is why I'm moving to sunny southern FLA. So I can enjoy my favorite outdoor sports and recreational activities year-round.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:01 AM   #22
Forum Moderator

Quote:
THIS is why I'm moving to sunny southern FLA. So I can enjoy my favorite outdoor sports and recreational activities year-round.
Are you really moving to Florida?! My mother lives there, and we've done several hiking trips around the state. I'd love to live there too...unfortunately academics don't have the greatest job mobility.

Is South Bend considered the tropics compared to where you live or something? I had the impression much of the eastern shore was all one climate zone--though I can't really remember how far north you live...

(P.S. Apologies for the tangent...)
Old 03-08-2006, 02:20 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
When in doubt, you could always strip your way to fitness!

Haha...but seriously. I've heard some good things about something called "8 minute abs." I've been recommended to try it by someone whose wrestling team uses it, because he says it works better than other, longer techniques they used.

Melon

Fixed....

Old 03-08-2006, 02:30 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

Just consider yourself lucky it was only a month, and only South Bend

only south bend?
hate to break it to you honey, but we get just about as much snow as you do... only like 3-5 inches less on average per year. I looked it up once.

more on topic... I don't really know much about exercise regimens... I swim about 3 hours a week, dance about 3 hours a week, and hike all around campus. I figure that's good enough.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:51 AM   #25
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 05:41 PM
Re: The new workout plan

Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
Just curious what everyone's workout regimen is.you do?
does lifting a grilled chicken pita sandwhich from long john silvers to my mouth count?

i don't really need to work out residing in this God-forsaken county. i just walk about a 1/4 mile outside and sweat off all the calories i consumed for the day--and then some.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:32 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristie
only south bend?
hate to break it to you honey, but we get just about as much snow as you do... only like 3-5 inches less on average per year. I looked it up once.

Actually, you're only about an inch off. The thing w/ the Lake Effect storms is that they usually don't produce the massive amounts of snowfall that really contribute to the annual average. The past few years, we've had some shittastic ice/hail/freezing rain storms anywhere from October to the end of April. Buffalo, NY takes the cake when it comes to Lake Effect. They have my sympathy. One of the few places in the States I'd avoid more than West Michigan during the wintertime!
Old 03-08-2006, 11:46 AM   #27
New Yorker

Right now I'm living in Boulder Colorado so I have some nice resources to use for working out:

Monday- Lift Chest and Tri's for 45 minutes then go into 60 minute spin class. Then work 7 hours.
Tuesday- Work 12 hours then at night do 15 miles stationary and lift shoulders.
Wedesday- Run Bear Peak if nice outside (3 hour Mountain Summet Run) or do 60 minute spin class if shitty outside.
Thursday- Work 12 hours, lift Back and Bi's at night
Friday- what ever I want usually lift legs with either a run or some biking last week I did some back country trail running for an hour or 2.
Saturday- work 9 hours and do not work out.
Sunday-either go trail running or go hiking. Soon it will be warm and I can hit Long's Peak. Its the closest 14,000 ft summit.
In between this I work on my MBA.

This is now in the summer I usually get more serious about working out.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:49 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Well, I'm debating on what to do right now. I need to lose some of this winter pudge that I've got or else I'm going to go crazy.

I either want to do yoga, kickboxing or work out at my work gym which has tons of stuff.

I'm also going to do some bike riding and rollerblading.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

I've been running every other day on the treadmill, gearing up for spring...
Old 03-08-2006, 06:19 PM   #30
War Child

Local Time: 09:41 AM
I've been working out with my right hand.