the new streets album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont really know how much I like the new single. Sometimes I think it's good, other times I think I dont like it.

I keep forgetting to buy this one

the review I read was positive

but it seems almost impossible for it to top his debut

I always the upbeat tempo of the backing music on the first album - "garage" music, or whatever it was - the pairing of dance music and rap...from what I've heard of the new one, it seems more downtempo, less dance. Also, I think I liked the lyrics on the first one better. That said, songs like "fit but you know it" are really good!

Tour dates:

June 11 Mountain View, CA Shoreline Amphitheater (with Dizzee Rascal)
June 12 Los Angeles The Wiltern (with Dizzee Rascal)
June 15 Seattle Nuemo's
June 18 Park City, UT Harry O's
June 19 Denver Fox Theater
June 21 Minneapolis Fine Line Music Caf?
June 23 Chicago Metro
June 24 Detroit St. Andrew's Hall
June 25 Toronto Mod Club
June 26 Montreal Club Soda
June 28 Boston Avalon Ballroom (with Dizzee Rascal)
June 29 New York City Irving Plaza (with Dizzee Rascal)
June 30 New York City Irving Plaza (with Dizzee Rascal)
July 1 Washington DC 9:30 Club (with Dizzee Rascal)
July 3 Atlanta Earthlink Live

:hyper: Ok, even though I don't like the new stuff as much, I might have to go to this...it'd be worth it just to see them, I think...

I downloaded just about this entire album a day or so ago and I've finally heard most of it now

I ordered it immediately
what a great record
:bow:

Mike Skinner's first album, what is it Original Pirate Material is something that I have wanted to get for awhile, but every time I am in the record shop thinking of something to get, I always forget it. I've heard bits and pieces of the new album, it was the album on the week a while ago on triple J radio, the only song that I can really remember is the one that goes on about the gil who is fit, but knows it- sounds good, but not as great as his previous stuff:|

Back
Top Bottom