The New Seven Wonders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
I don't know if this has been posted anywhere before, I looked and didn't see it. Anyway, apprently they're voting on the NEW seven Wonders of the world...some of the voting options are Stonehenge, The Great Wall of China, The Eifel Tower, it's pretty cool check it out here www.new7wonders.com and you can register to vote for your seven choices (free).

Actually one of the choices, The kyomizu temple in Japan I went to last year. However I don't seem to have any of the pictures up on my computer, but another temple by it (the Golden Pavillion) is part of the voting option and I DO have pictures of when I went there

n18311893_30629948_9215.jpg

n18311893_30629949_9676.jpg

n18311893_30629947_8745.jpg

The whole building is covered in pure gold foil, and they just redid it a few years ago so it was really bright and shiny when I went

Trick question.

Chuck Norris is the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh wonder of the world.

Personally, i think most of the choices are lame. I'm not the biggest world traveller going, however, it seems that based on these choices, all you need to do is build a "weird" of "different" building to be nominated. To me, the 7 wonders of the world should be real dramatic and REALLY amazing.

If I were to vote, I'd go w/ Stonehenge, the Great Wall of China, The Pyramids, and MAYBE the Roman Collesium. Those are true wonders.

The Statue of Liberty, The Sydney Opera House etc, don't really strike me as a "wonder of the world"

catch my drift?

Did you know Stonehenge, as it is now, has been rebuilt? It hasn't been standing for 2000 years. I just learned this recently.

How about the Sphinx? That's wondrous. And I'd say the Statue of Liberty might be a wonder. It's a huuuuuge statue. In the middle of the water. I think it's pretty wondrous.

Numb1075 said:
Personally, i think most of the choices are lame. I'm not the biggest world traveller going, however, it seems that based on these choices, all you need to do is build a "weird" of "different" building to be nominated. To me, the 7 wonders of the world should be real dramatic and REALLY amazing.

If I were to vote, I'd go w/ Stonehenge, the Great Wall of China, The Pyramids, and MAYBE the Roman Collesium. Those are true wonders.

The Statue of Liberty, The Sydney Opera House etc, don't really strike me as a "wonder of the world"

catch my drift?

That's sorta how I felt as well

But what's this about stonehenge?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom